Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManchu View Post
"egotistical friend-monger"
I've personally seen Backdraft publicly threaten his best friend on the game with jails.

"for what purpose is this switch?"
If you go to Streety's "thank you" thread on the UN forums, I feel as though Rufus' posts about him sums up his management quite nicely.
how is this any different from any other server? why is streety being removed but others are not, and for the exact same ****?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I don't script/make graphics/make level, yet I'm manager of Era. Therefore, no you don't need development experience.

That doesn't mean i'm totally useless though, you learn things as you go on, so it's hard not to catch on to some things.
Maybe they should say to be a "good" manager you need developmental skills. Haha, just kidding. Not about you being a bad manager but about needing Dev Skills to Manage.

Anyways, I never saw this coming; Streety. I always said you were currently the best management on a Classic Server. I admired UN staff's organization and competence alot, to be honest. It wasn't in comparison to the greatest, but even standalone, it functioned smoothly under you. For not fulfilling promisises? Get realistic, its politics. We don't expect people we ask to be placed in power to fullfill all their promises. Atleast you geared toward some if not most of them, you kept the server under control and populated. No abuse, if so; never heard of it. I'd have to say, this sounds really unfair on the PWA's part.

Backdraft is uncorruptable as far as I've seen, but I don't know him very well. So who knows; good luck.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightfire35 View Post
I guess that was a wrong word choice, I meant that he contributed to UN as a whole, not content wise, but he made sure everything was running smoothly.
I can agree with you to an extent. At least Streety wasn't corrupt o_o as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I do know what I'm talking about, actually. Who are you to to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking abouut
no you dont streety was a bad manager. Did you see my poll? Less than 20% of the voters disliked him. Whenever he has such a low approval rating, there's obviously something wrong

Quote:
I've been playing UN for years, I've been through many managers and Streety was definitely one of the best that I've seen.

"i've played for a few years.. i must know what i'm talking about!!!" isn't valid logic.

Quote:
He couldn't handle it? He managed the server for over a year. He proved that he could handle it.
Can you not read? He clearly couldn't handle being a Manager which is why he had such a drastic change in how he handled players. I think Spryte was better with players than Streety was. Spryte would just ignore you but Streety would pretend to be your friend and act like he'd get something done. At least Spryte didn't lie.

Quote:
One example would be the completely re-done fishing system. If he had have been manager for two more weeks, he would have released the achievement system. After that would be the pet system.
Good things come to those who wait.
Achievement system is mostly done by GK, if not all of it.
The fishing system was scripted by Codein.. you know, the scripts that weren't copied/pasted from the mining system.

Fishing was the only thing Streety ever got done with UN staff in his 1+ year of management.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
I can agree with you to an extent. At least Streety wasn't corrupt o_o as far as I know.

no you dont streety was a bad manager. Did you see my poll? Less than 20% of the voters disliked him. Whenever he has such a low approval rating, there's obviously something wrong

"i've played for a few years.. i must know what i'm talking about!!!" isn't valid logic.

Can you not read? He clearly couldn't handle being a Manager which is why he had such a drastic change in how he handled players. I think Spryte was better with players than Streety was. Spryte would just ignore you but Streety would pretend to be your friend and act like he'd get something done. At least Spryte didn't lie.

The fishing system was scripted by Codein.. you know, the scripts that weren't copied/pasted from the mining system.

Fishing was the only thing Streety ever got done with UN staff in his 1+ year of management.
let's see you come up with one argument as to how backdraft is going to be any different. and remember: he can't develop on his own at all. i'd like to see the PWA come up with any similar notion that swayed their 3-1 vote to remove streety as well, especially given that they never log onto player (or RC for more than 10 minutes) and don't know anything about what's going on on UN

been playing graal for over 10 years now, and i've never seen the PWA remove a manager for a "lack of promises being kept"
Old 03-17-2010, 03:41 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
no you dont streety was a bad manager. Did you see my poll? Less than 20% of the voters disliked him. Whenever he has such a low approval rating, there's obviously something
There could be multiple reasons for players to vote no. Maybe they had a bad background with him, maybe they don't like his personality, maybe they don't get along with him, it doesn't necessarily mean that he was a bad manager. It means that the players didn't like him.

Quote:
It sounds pretty valid to me; I witnessed his management.

Quote:
LOL Spryte was better with players? I'm pretty sure Spryte was the worst manager we've had. She'd log on RC, chat, and log off. Streety was friendly to players and was very patient. As for Spryte not lying, she didn't talk to the server. How could she lie if she didn't talk?

Quote:

read edited version
Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 AM
Whenever a Manager is in position for over a year and only legitimately releases one thing (Fishing), then there is a huge problem ^_^

UC servers can develop less in a year than UN has under Streety.
When GK had his own ET Dev team, they generated more content than Streety ever did with an entire staff team.
Zodiac and Era develop more in a week than UN does in a year (especially Zodiac)

Streety uses silly excuses such as "lack of devs", and while that's true, why can all the other major servers develop but UN can't? Because Streety has no idea what he's doing.

There's a reason Bell proposed he stepped down.. He didn't listen and look what happened.

Edit: Okay Elizabeth, please note all of Streety's accomplishments as Manager.
So far we have..
- Destruction of the PR teams.
- A simple fishing system.
- Leaving UN in somewhat of a mess (leaving players to deal with their woes while he promised to do something about their problems but then just ran around on staff boots)

Care to add on?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:44 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Have you seen our staff list? Our development teams have been going through crisis for the past while o_o
Old 03-17-2010, 03:45 AM
We have a full LAT team, a few NATs, and.. well, we had a GAT.
UN was fully capable of getting things done just like Zodiac and Era. Streety just held the server back, tbh.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:47 AM
a/s/l
LAT, NAT and GAT team just hired, yet there are still no GATs.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
All I can say is lol to this argument. I dont even feel like addressing everything that is wrong with this topic, but in short:

Fumanchu, how can you claim he destroyed the PR teams, and yet not argue against a manager who was the admin of one of those teams?

Quote:

Fumanchu again, how can you complain that a manager didnt release a system because they didn't do all the work? He was the manager not the micromanager of server projects.

Anyways I'm off this topic. Hopefully it gets closed soon enough since nothing productive will ever come out of it.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
LAT, NAT and GAT team just hired, yet there are still no GATs.
TooTy has been LAT for a few months (hired before Christmas) and is spectacular and loves to work.

Luca and Alex have been NATs for awhile. GK is good too but is working on that system.

Streety was a decent GAT.

Together, Streety, Luca, and TooTy by themselves could have at least made UN a little less horrible.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:50 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post
All I can say is lol to this argument. I dont even feel like addressing everything that is wrong with this topic, but in short:

Fumanchu, how can you claim he destroyed the PR teams, and yet not argue against a manager who was the admin of one of those teams?

Fumanchu again, how can you complain that a manager didnt release a system because they didn't do all the work? He was the manager not the micromanager of server projects.

Anyways I'm off this topic. Hopefully it gets closed soon enough since nothing productive will ever come out of it.
nothing productive comes out of firing streety either, but it certainty happened
Old 03-17-2010, 03:52 AM
a/s/l
Quote:
TooTy has been LAT for a few months (hired before Christmas) and is spectacular and loves to work.

Luca and Alex have been NATs for awhile. GK is good too but is working on that system.

Streety was a decent GAT.

Together, Streety, Luca, and TooTy by themselves could have at least made UN a little less horrible.

And they did. Luca did a lot of behind the scenes work, TooTy fixed Town Center and did event levels (?), Streety did tons of work for holidays to make UN festive! Alex did a loooot of NAT work too.

A point was made that 1 out of the 4 PWAs actually log on UN once in a while, and that's Bell. How do they actually know what kind of job he's doing?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolut_Crono View Post

FAQ and ET teams are/were horrible. GP has been alright for awhile because BD knows what he's doing.

I can think of quite a few people that applied as FAQ/ET and were rejected because Streety didn't like them. Especially with ET, recently. I won't say their names but Allona wanted to hire them but Streety wouldn't let her. Now we're stuck with a bunch of horrible ETs that never pay attention in events.

I can't say the names of the FAQ applicants without permission, but since snoop said I could - yeah. He was ET Admin before and wanted to be ET again. Way better than Shannon/Ph8/and whatever else scrub FAQs there are.

Nothing was released on UN during his management that UN staff made except fishing. woo
Old 03-17-2010, 03:55 AM
Absolut_Crono is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, I really do. I don't see how the PWA think firing a Manager without talking to him about exactly what needs to be changed can ever help the server progress in a better direction. Not only that, but to put Backdraft in the position without having enough time to learn the ins and outs of the other staff teams, at the minimum the scripting side, is unfair to him. The whole situation is laughable to be honest, but this topic wont make a difference.

And while I am thinking about it, LOL at the person who posted a poll. How many players do you think actually come to these forums to even vote on those that you use that as a reference? If anything, it is most likely players from other server who don't like UN.

Deuces.