Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
What is the managers purpose? To manage the server and the staff, if he did that correct then he would of been a good manager. Cool, he started the pet system and never finished it! Right on! Achievement system, whats that? No one is speaking about Spryte, WiKKiD, Malinko or Neo Jenova because they are no longer managers and for their own individual reasons.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManchu View Post
RC isn't really that hard to navigate and learn. You raise very valid points but it's honesty not that hard.
Learning RC and how to effectively manage rights, and work in NC isn't that hard at all but getting projects done properly without having to go about every aspect on your own can be very difficult and he will be running into situations like that if he's going to want to get things done.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:30 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
What is the managers purpose? To manage the server and the staff, if he did that correct then he would of been a good manager. Cool, he started the pet system and never finished it! Right on! Achievement system, whats that? No one is speaking about Spryte, WiKKiD, Malinko or Neo Jenova because they are no longer managers and for their own individual reasons.
Just another fyi, guys. I asked Gamerkid to carry on with the achievement system as we planned. It's planned release date was April 1st, along with some silliness to go with it.

I think Backdraft will encourage it's finish.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I think Streety was a cool person (most times), and was better at PR issues. However, I was not a fan of the directions or so called plans he took in development direction.

I am a bit skeptical in regards to Backdraft being placed at Manager, considering he hasn't been with UN that long, but from talking with him the past several weeks, I believe he can bring UN to a more brighter future.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-17-2010, 02:23 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
I think this is completely ridiculous. Streety is most definitely one of the best managers we've had in a very long time, and I don't think that Backdraft is qualified for manager position.

Streety was a stable manager, I think that the next managers following his removal will quit in a small amount of time from pressure. He could handle the pressure and was used to it, he did a lot of development also.

I think that Backdraft doesn't do any development.. aren't managers supposed to be a big part with GFX and scripting? I don't see what he will bring to the table

He should at least be a part of the staff team, perhaps he could be GAT admin again? From what I hear, there was no warning about it. I think that the PWAs should have told him what he was doing wrong and to fix it instead of taking immediate action.

I really think this is a bad decision. D:

Last edited by Elizabeth; 03-17-2010 at 02:50 AM..
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
aren't managers supposed to be a big part with GFX and scripting?
nop
Old 03-17-2010, 02:28 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Malinko - Was horrible, but yet again.. he did release a lot of content that is still used to this day
A large majority of that content was stolen, mostly from Babylon, which Streety has been nothing but professional about getting removed.

I don't really play UN, but Streety has always been ok in my book, and he seemed like a competent Manager to me. Backdraft, what little I've seen of him, seems like he will do well too, though.

Adios, Streety.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 03-17-2010, 02:38 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I don't script/make graphics/make level, yet I'm manager of Era. Therefore, no you don't need development experience.

That doesn't mean i'm totally useless though, you learn things as you go on, so it's hard not to catch on to some things.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:50 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I don't script/make graphics/make level, yet I'm manager of Era. Therefore, no you don't need development experience.

That doesn't mean i'm totally useless though, you learn things as you go on, so it's hard not to catch on to some things.
You have Chris Vimes as Dev Admin, who needs a development-smart Manager XD!
Old 03-17-2010, 02:50 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
While you did not tend to some promises, you still contributed a lot. I would have liked to see what you could have accomplished had you continued in this position. You were one of the best managers UN has had in a while, at least from my point of few, and I'm sure most of the UN community will agree. I don't know the new manager that well, I've seen him around from time to time, but I can't say I'm sure he'll make a good manager, but hey, never know.

Take care, hopefully you'll stick around UN.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:06 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Vima.. most of the things released on UN were from last year. If anything was new, it was given to them by people from other servers. (i.e. Horses were scripted by Tig)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
I think this is completely ridiculous. Streety is most definitely one of the best managers we've had in a very long time, and I don't think that Backdraft is qualified for manager position.

Streety was a stable manager, I think that the next managers following his removal will quit in a small amount of time from pressure. He could handle the pressure and was used to it, he did a lot of development also.

I think that Backdraft doesn't do any development.. aren't managers supposed to be a big part with GFX and scripting? I don't see what he will bring to the table

He should at least be a part of the staff team, perhaps he could be GAT admin again? From what I hear, there was no warning about it. I think that the PWAs should have told him what he was doing wrong and to fix it instead of taking immediate action.

I really think this is a bad decision. D:

I'm .. sorry.. but you have no idea what you're talking about. Just because Streety is one of the few people that talk(ed) to you doesn't mean he's one of the best.

Streety couldn't handle being Manager. He went from being a very good and open Admin to being a very private and disclosed Manager.

Being able to develop =/= ability to Manage.

There was indeed a warning that his job was in danger, and Streety already confirmed this.

See how he said Bell came on and proposed he move into Development and let someone else be Manager? Big ****ing hint there.

It was a great decision. I just wished GK was made Manager instead but Backdraft will still be great.

Edit: I don't want to sound like I have anything personal against, Streety.

knightfire, how did Streety contribute anything?
Old 03-17-2010, 03:10 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
wow this is ****ing stupid. it seemed like things were just getting going for streety, that he was just getting a hold of the actual development points and seeing where UN needed improvement, and the PWA fires him and puts, from my experiences, a egotistical friend-monger? the guy hasn't even been playing for more than three/four years, hasn't held any staff position other than GP (to which i considered him to be a bad one), and now he's manager?

for what purpose is this switch? what does the PWA hope to accomplish with this move? what exactly was streety doing wrong that needed him to be forcibly removed? this is ridiculous, and i didn't even like streety as manager: but don't replace him with someone worse! i mean, obviously the PWA isn't going to come into this thread and explain themselves to the likes of a simpleton-complainer like myself (because that makes every point i make invalid), but why can't you guys make some moves that people can actually get behind and approve of? if the problem was updates and development, then remove the manager of valikorlia and n-pulse too: we haven't seen any real updates out of them for way longer than streety has postponed

i swear i wouldn't play this stupid classic server if the only other option wasn't more terrible
Old 03-17-2010, 03:21 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
"egotistical friend-monger"
I've personally seen Backdraft publicly threaten his best friend on the game with jails.

"for what purpose is this switch?"
If you go to Streety's "thank you" thread on the UN forums, I feel as though Rufus' posts about him sums up his management quite nicely.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
knightfire, how did Streety contribute anything?
I guess that was a wrong word choice, I meant that he contributed to UN as a whole, not content wise, but he made sure everything was running smoothly. I think he tried to promise too much, and that's what kind of did him in. If he hadn't promised all those things, and focused on getting something released then maybe it would have went over well. I do agree that there are better management options, but he had a lot planned and would have liked to see how those projects turned out.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:23 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
I'm .. sorry.. but you have no idea what you're talking about. Just because Streety is one of the few people that talk(ed) to you doesn't mean he's one of the best.
I do know what I'm talking about, actually. Who are you to to tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about?

I've been playing UN for years, I've been through many managers and Streety was definitely one of the best that I've seen.

Quote:
Streety couldn't handle being Manager. He went from being a very good and open Admin to being a very private and disclosed Manager.
He couldn't handle it? He managed the server for over a year. He proved that he could handle it.

Quote:
how did Streety contribute anything?
Well, a completely re-done fishing system was released. He responded to every PM which most managers fail to do. We have had a very small GAT team, but he helped out. The ski-hill at Christmas was a huge success, not to mention numerous quests he made. If he had have been manager for two more weeks, he would have released the achievement system. After that would be the pet system.
Good things come to those who wait.