Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Suggestion: Guild War League

Overview: I generally find that there is not a lot to do on Unholy Nation. What keeps most people busy is doing events, guild-wars, and sparring one another. Now a days, getting together a guild-war is not an easy task, nor does it happen a lot. That's why I think the staff should come up with a system for guilds and guilds alone. The almost tournament like league should be called the NGL (Nations Guild League). Now I will go into some of the ways we can go about doing this.

1.Each guild has a (seed) depending on the GraalOnline guilds list located "http://graalonline.com/playerworlds/guilds/guildslist" Each seed will be paired with a similar seed and each week you will go against that seed. We can have two divisions in the league. The divisions will have to be equally balanced, so we can take the two best guilds and place each of them in a division, and take the two second best guilds and place them in separate divisions and such. Like this:

As you can see there are five rounds including the championship. This total process will take exactly one month to preform, and we can do this every month. If you lose in the first round, you aren't simply "out but then you play the other losing teams in a different bracket, so we can base seeds off of those wins instead of the GraalOnline website.

Rules:
  • Must have at least 10 members fighting.
  • You need 1500 kills to win the first round, 2500 for he second, 3000 for the third, 5000 for the fourth, and for the championship you need 10000 kills.

Now I am hoping staff will embrace this, so we can have a hall of fame for the guilds who wish to play and if they win they can get a name in a record book in some hall of fame. Also, it would be neat if we had prizes such as EP, or a few statues of some guild members in TC or events house proving their honor.

It's just an idea, what do you think?

*Also, you would have one war each week, and two in one week if you are in the finals.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Rules are both bad and needs to be more strict in terms of member count. There should be a set amount of members on each side and the amount of kills needed to win the round should stay constant. There's no reason why you have to ***** out 10,000 kills in the champs, it doesn't even prove anything. Furthermore, this is using BTK's PK style of war which is great but I would like to also see some kind of guild spar where things are more controlled and based on skill.

As it stands theres no stopping a guild from zerging their way to victory.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:26 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The idea is there but the banner, and the acronym need to be redone.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:45 PM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Should call it FUN (Fighting on Unholy Nation) instead of NGL.
}

Old 02-28-2010, 10:51 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
i don't see UN's staff acting on this at all, even if things were smoothed out
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 AM
HarDKoRe1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HarDKoRe1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Rules are both bad and needs to be more strict in terms of member count. There should be a set amount of members on each side and the amount of kills needed to win the round should stay constant. There's no reason why you have to ***** out 10,000 kills in the champs, it doesn't even prove anything. Furthermore, this is using BTK's PK style of war which is great but I would like to also see some kind of guild spar where things are more controlled and based on skill.

As it stands theres no stopping a guild from zerging their way to victory.
BTK has a kill counter, and we substitute people when we have too many members. I'm pretty sure you've been in our guild house war area. We sit members out in our pond until someone else wants to sit out. Our system works out just fine as it is.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Allona has started doing a "Weekly Guild Sparring Tournament" as a part of the Event Team Tournaments, and it got quite a few different guilds online tonight. We (US) took the win today, but I think this might have been a taster for something to be hosted later on in the week.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:15 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Allona has started doing a "Weekly Guild Sparring Tournament" as a part of the Event Team Tournaments, and it got quite a few different guilds online tonight. We (US) took the win today, but I think this might have been a taster for something to be hosted later on in the week.
ya i wasn't there
Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
I plan on getting a Guild War building set up. We plan on utilizing a recently added function so that we can more efficiently track the number of kills a guild gets.

After we get that set up, perhaps it could be a foundation for something bigger? Like a "league" of some sort?

What are your thoughts on that?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
ya i wasn't there
YAWN

Luda 3v1ed every guild.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 03-03-2010, 09:15 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
I plan on getting a Guild War building set up. We plan on utilizing a recently added function so that we can more efficiently track the number of kills a guild gets.

After we get that set up, perhaps it could be a foundation for something bigger? Like a "league" of some sort?

if it turns into mindless PKing then it's already being done and it won't go anywhere, not the way it could go if a balanced system is worked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
YAWN

Luda 3v1ed every guild.
ares playing on luda's account or something? :3
Old 03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarDKoRe1234 View Post
BTK has a kill counter, and we substitute people when we have too many members. I'm pretty sure you've been in our guild house war area. We sit members out in our pond until someone else wants to sit out. Our system works out just fine as it is.
What? The only thing I said about your system was that it's PK orientated. The members bit was referring to his rules, not BTK's guild war.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:44 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Quote:
Allona (Events Team Admin) (Wed Mar 03 18:25:05 2010):
Mass message:
Hello guys!

I will be hosting a Guild Spar Tourney tomorrow at 7pm EST. This time, I will take 8 teams of different guilds with 4 players per team. I will also allow players in the same guild team to alternate partners from round to round.
And there will be statues for the winning Guild Team.

If you have any questions about the tournament, please PM me.

Thank you!
Allona ~
Now's your chance Hiro.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post

Sorry for late response, I was banned for some reason.

Yet, I think a league would be necessary to give the guilds something to do. Castle wars is pretty much it at the moment. I would really like to see a league because it can incorporate a lot more players. Just an idea.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Quote:
Now's your chance Hiro.
Hiro couldn't make it, so SNC stepped up and took care of it for him. <3. We didn't have a Ares to carry us, but it doesn't look like that counts for much these days.

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11