Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:19 AM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
New Management

There's not much for me to say. I'm not going to try to vindicate myself. Allegedly, the PWA made a 3 to 1 vote to remove me from management. I made too many promises, and didn't follow through enough.

Backdraft was their selected replacement.

I don't know what I'll do in regards to Graal yet, if any of you were curious.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:21 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Aww you were a cool manager :/ always nice to me.

Sad to see you go. Farewell!

and good luck to the new manager

Last edited by Nataxo; 03-17-2010 at 04:18 AM..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
idc what they say, you were the best manager un has had in a long time
Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
best manager since hoyt1134
Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 AM
UN Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
You could help @ classic iPhone :P
I was working graphics there in my free time, when I had the teams working on their projects. I told Xor I didn't have enough time once things started to double up for the release of the achievement system. He said he'd move me to a GP or something, but I ended up fired.

So be it.

Thank you anyway.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't support this. Streety has been one of the few Managers on UN who have actually contributed something to it. Not like all the other Managers (not going to name any names). The Managers who never cared about releasing things when it actually had an decent playercount.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
My two cents:

While I think Backdraft is an all around okay guy, I am very skeptical at how he will do as Manager. He has the right attitude of an admin (non corruptible), however he lacks a lot of experience. Based on my personal experiences with him, I think he still had a LOT to learn in his previous position as GP Chief. He doesn't really know the ins and outs of RC, and now he has twice as many rights and ten times the responsibility. I am also afraid he has no idea on how to approach new developments and manage the team as a whole. And now that it is his responsibility all eyes are on him. Regardless, I guess only time will tell. Good luck and cya Streety.
Zting Ðarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
My two cents:

While I think Backdraft is an all around okay guy, I am very skeptical at how he will do as Manager. He has the right attitude of an admin (non corruptible), however he lacks a lot of experience. Based on my personal experiences with him, I think he still had a LOT to learn in his previous position as GP Chief. He doesn't really know the ins and outs of RC, and now he has twice as many rights and ten times the responsibility. I am also afraid he has no idea on how to approach new developments and manage the team as a whole. And now that it is his responsibility all eyes are on him. Guess only time will tell. Good luck and cya Streety.
I agree with this 100%
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 AM
UN Manager
That's what I told Bell when she proposed several weeks ago that I move to development, and make someone else manager. She said that Backdraft would be a good replacement, and I agreed, but said that I wasn't planning on resigning yet. I believe I also told her that when I do decide to resign, Backdraft is the person I would take the time to train.

I just didn't have the nerve to stay on RC after the PMs she sent me. Call me selfish, but I'm only human.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Could someone please fill me in on what Streety fully released? He was a player friendly manager so I can see why people are hating that he has been fired but does anyone have any legit facts of what he actually did productive? Even if it is one or two things, think about how long he's been manager, don't you think more stuff should of been released?

Streety don't get me wrong, you're a good guy but quit whining and subliminally asking for sympathy and just move on. Everyone else, stop the ****riding. Fact is fact.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 AM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I don't support this. Streety has been one of the few Managers on UN who have actually contributed something to it.
Streety contributed... what, exacty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deophite18 View Post
My two cents:

While I think Backdraft is an all around okay guy, I am very skeptical at how he will do as Manager. He has the right attitude of an admin (non corruptible), however he lacks a lot of experience. Based on my personal experiences with him, I think he still had a LOT to learn in his previous position as GP Chief. He doesn't really know the ins and outs of RC, and now he has twice as many rights and ten times the responsibility. I am also afraid he has no idea on how to approach new developments and manage the team as a whole. And now that it is his responsibility all eyes are on him.
RC isn't really that hard to navigate and learn. You raise very valid points but it's honesty not that hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
He was a player friendly manager
"player friendly"? How do you define player friendly? He was downright notorious for putting players off.

Anyway, after the streak of bad Managers, hopefully BD can pull the staff team together and shape the server up.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 AM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
Could someone please fill me in on what Streety fully released? He was a player friendly manager so I can see why people are hating that he has been fired but does anyone have any legit facts of what he actually did productive? Even if it is one or two things, think about how long he's been manager, don't you think more stuff should of been released?
I haven't had the time to be on Unholy Nation so much the past months, but I think I've seen enough to be able to say that he is one of the few managers who have contributed something to UN. For Example: He have hosted many holiday events, some of them were really well planned I think, making sure that new events being released and being able to manage the staff.

A lot of people here should shush, you don't know how it is to be an manager on a server. Streety have started a few projects, like the pet system and achivement system that for me is a sign that he have done something, yes they are not completed. Is it his fault? No.
At the end of the day it's the staff fault. If the scripters were active enough, if the lats were active enough. There wouldn't have been this much delay.

Could anyone tell me, what did Spryte, Sub-Zero, WiKKiD, Malinko, NeoJenova... I mean the list could get looong, contribute to UN? When they were managing the server had a stable playercount and had loads of developement staff eager to work. What did they do? Nothing. When Streety took over the server it was allready in the hole.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 AM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I haven't had the time to be on Unholy Nation so much the past months, but I think I've seen enough to be able to say that he is one of the few managers who have contributed something to UN. For Example: He have hosted many holiday events, some of them were really well planned I think, making sure that new events being released and being able to manage the staff.

A lot of people here should shush, you don't know how it is to be an manager on a server. Streety have started a few projects, like the pet system and achivement system that for me is a sign that he have done something, yes they are not completed. Is it his fault? No.
At the end of the day it's the staff fault. If the scripters were active enough, if the lats were active enough. There wouldn't have been this much delay.

Could anyone tell me, what did Spryte, Sub-Zero, WiKKiD, Malinko, NeoJenova... I mean the list could get looong, contribute to UN? When they were managing the server had a stable playercount and had loads of developement staff eager to work. What did they do? Nothing. When Streety took over the server it was allready in the hole.
Sub-Zero - He helped alot with scripting projects

NeoJenova - Uhh, he single-handedly remade the gmap and was a big role in development.

Malinko - Was horrible, but yet again.. he did release a lot of content that is still used to this day

p.s. you're forgetting the other 10 managers on UN xD
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 AM
UN Manager
I just wanna throw it out there, that I only posted this because they hadn't made a news post about it on UN yet.

I was getting PMs from people asking if it was true.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:16 AM
pluto is an unknown quantity at this point
i never saw this coming.....