Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > New Scripting Engine (GS2)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Once again, is it possible that this thread get renamed to something a little more relevant?
The title is relevant enough and linked to in several places. The content is something you shall learn and then not forget again, and I don't think this any difficult either. There's not much to switch and case, but the information the thread provides is useful nonetheless.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:34 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
The title is relevant enough and linked to in several places. The content is something you shall learn and then not forget again, and I don't think this any difficult either. There's not much to switch and case, but the information the thread provides is useful nonetheless.
The linking may be true, but it isn't easily found in google which is the main search engine I think most people use, and as it is my main point since I personally don't find the websites that link it that useful.. Nor have I checked out how hard it is to find it on them, but I have tried searching for other things on them.

And you shouldn't speak for others about not forgetting things.
As I've said before, I've found and used this page quite a few times.. I've learned and used them for about 1-2 weeks afterwards and forgot them.

Coincidentally, I've also forgot most of GS2 after 4+ months of not having RC and not using GS2. And this happens often.. Even riding a bike isn't very easy for me each time on the first try. Everything starts off a little wobbly if you don't keep at it..

I can explain the top part if you'd like, fowlplay4 would be happy.

And sure, I suppose it is relevant if everyone is basically saying we should not use switch and case because it isn't good.. I personally find it of value some times.. :[

===

Anyway, if no one really cares about how easily something useful can be found, without having things bookmarked, I suppose my question really doesn't matter. I didn't think the post would be worthy of arguments by only asking to rename a thread, it all seems silly to me.

But I did enjoy everyone flaming me while they were off topic, and I did get to learn about a helpful page. Thanks again Mattkan!

P.S.: I did check on the main page to find the post that you linked, I have no clue how you would find it on Graal Bible without having the actual link.. x.x;

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Regardless the title is still bad and I do not like it.

P.S.: Write less, nobody gives a **** about your constant life stories, how you can't remember anything, how something makes you feel, etc. If they did you would have 5 light green rep bars already.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The linking may be true, but it isn't easily found in google which is the main search engine I think most people use
Boo hoo. Seriously, who searches on Google for GS2 help? The thread comes up when searching for "switch" here on the forums, that should be more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
P.S.: Write less, nobody gives a **** about your constant life stories
^
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
The linking may be true, but it isn't easily found in google
Which Google are you using?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:26 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Regardless the title is still bad and I do not like it.

P.S.: Write less, nobody gives a **** about your constant life stories, how you can't remember anything, how something makes you feel, etc. If they did you would have 5 light green rep bars already.
I want people to give me bad rep, (didn't know what it was called), since I feel others use it for no real purpose, and it doesn't seem to have one.

Sorry though, it seems I have upset you greatly, didn't mean to get to you that bad.

Quote:
Boo hoo. Seriously, who searches on Google for GS2 help? The thread comes up when searching for "switch" here on the forums, that should be more than enough.
Someone who wants to find things quickly I suppose. ;]

Although one could also argue you aren't learning anything by doing so.. Seeing it often enough is learning, and it isn't like I don't know what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Which Google are you using?

I use www.google.com, but since there are so many, I guess I can see how you could see how there could be mixed signals of some sort..

Edit-
Oh look above, I've clicked the ones I thought would be relevant, didn't help at all.. Anything I search for I use "GS2 Graal" and the command I'd like to figure out or refresh on.

Add in "and case" and you find my page for scripting help faster than you find this one..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Google2.0.png
Views:	196
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	54318  

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Last edited by Devil_Lord2; 03-03-2012 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Oh look above, I've clicked them.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
seriously?
Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Someone who wants to find things quickly I suppose. ;]
GS2 is a very minor language, you really shouldn't use Google to find out things about it.

Quote:
Oh look above, I've clicked the ones I thought would be relevant, didn't help at all.. Anything I search for I use "GS2 Graal" and the command I'd like to figure out or refresh on.
You need to refine your search. Learn how to search on Google efficiently, there are a couple guides about it. "Switch" is too common a word to just search for it. In this case, "switch statement" works wonders, like in Chris' query.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
David K?
Salesman, it is really hard for me not to be sarcastic about your comment.
So I will only say, I wouldn't have posted if I didn't think it would help anyone.

Quote:
GS2 is a very minor language, you really shouldn't use Google to find out things about it.

You need to refine your search. Learn how to search on Google efficiently, there are a couple guides about it. "Switch" is too common a word to just search for it. In this case, "switch statement" works wonders, like in Chris' query.
I have learned to use search engines, which is why I'm only using three words lol.. for the most part, searching GS2 Graal and anything turns out what ever I need.

Unless it links me to the wiki or Graal bible, then the results are usually not the solution.. However, it does take me to the forum in spots that I need or that can help..

I use to have commands 2.RTF and an old GS1 list, but once again my computer was wiped.

Next time, should I remember, I'll try GS2 Graal Switch Statement. The only problem is, since I don't use the word statement for GS2, it never comes to mind. x:

Honestly, I'm still unclear why the word statement keeps coming up lol..

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateme...puter_science)
Old 03-03-2012, 09:30 PM
David K?
Oh yeah... if statements..
The programming definition never comes up upon my first thoughts lol.. Thank you for clearing that up though.. xD

Thank you as well for answering the question without trying to belittle also, I appreciate that. :]

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Is this for real? Or is this guy just trolling all of you? I seriously can't tell.

1) Who the hell uses google to look for specific GS2 help
2) Who the hell doesn't know how to use google
3) You sir, are an ass who complains too much

Old 03-04-2012, 01:33 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Are you serious?

Also, considering the amount of hatred towards you at the moment, I recommend you just stop for now and let things cool down.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Rofl! But really, read up on how to use a search engine efficiently.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:59 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Why was this bumped
switch is used in many programming languages... like wtf