Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-04-2007, 09:07 AM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
whatever happened to maloria.. i was gone for a few months and it disappeared during the time I was gone.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
zodiac killed it
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Zodiac was made to kill Maloria. Hey: it worked!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Yes, it did. It's funny how all players say that they miss Maloria so much, yet it was YOU guys that abandoned Maloria when Zodiac came. Go hide in a locker or something, it was because of that Maloria fell.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
innovation kills cats
Old 08-04-2007, 07:48 PM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Yes, it did. It's funny how all players say that they miss Maloria so much, yet it was YOU guys that abandoned Maloria when Zodiac came. Go hide in a locker or something, it was because of that Maloria fell.
Funny thing is Maloria was basically superior in every way (Levels,Gfx,scripts etc.) But they had the worst staff team that treated the players like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
innovation kills cats
Video killed the radio star
Old 08-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
Funny thing is Maloria was basically superior in every way (Levels,Gfx,scripts etc.) But they had the worst staff team that treated the players like crap.
Thanks, we tried our best.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-04-2007, 10:59 PM
kenyonandelliot is on a distinguished road
Maloria was boring.. Waiting for the v3 but of course it failed..
Old 08-04-2007, 11:14 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
zodiac killed it
Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Zodiac was made to kill Maloria. Hey: it worked!
Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyonandelliot View Post
Maloria was boring.. Waiting for the v3 but of course it failed..
And more wrong

Zodiac in no way killed Maloria. We still had a normal playercount of 20-30 when we decided to go under development. We only did that because time ran out on our dev server, and we had no one to pay. Although Zodiac is a blatant rip off of many things, including Maloria, it is still a vastly different server from Maloria, so it was never poised to "kill" us.

And v3 is alive an well, actually. The systems are nearly complete, thanks to a great man named Stan. Not to mention our staff team grows every day, it seems.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 08-05-2007, 12:41 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
Wrong

Wrong

And more wrong

Zodiac in no way killed Maloria. We still had a normal playercount of 20-30 when we decided to go under development. We only did that because time ran out on our dev server, and we had no one to pay. Although Zodiac is a blatant rip off of many things, including Maloria, it is still a vastly different server from Maloria, so it was never poised to "kill" us.

And v3 is alive an well, actually. The systems are nearly complete, thanks to a great man named Stan. Not to mention our staff team grows every day, it seems.
So you're denying that obvious fact that Zodiac's release cut a massive amount of your playerbase?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:44 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
So you're denying that obvious fact that Zodiac's release cut a massive amount of your playerbase?
Maloria was already dying before Zodiac was released.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:48 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Maloria was at a peak average of 5 players when we moved it to dev status.

And @ Post #96:
Maloria v2 wasn't superior in those aspects at all... I think it was the commitment of the players and the staff that kept it going so long. There may have been some bad apples but compared to how Zodiac was back then, the Maloria staff team were a set of angels.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
i liked malorias music

Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
i liked malorias music
It was from ocremix...best place where they could legally use the music.

And I'm not denying that Zodiac dropped Maloria's playercount...of course they did, they dropped EVERY servers player count because they were a new server on the classic list. Happens every time a new server goes on the classic list. But I managed to keep the playercount around 20-30 by releasing new items and such. haha I think at one point when I released a formerly banned item, and made an NPC to add it to everyone (it was a one hit kill, so it was lots of fun) we had a higher playercount than every server other than Zodiac and UN. Of course, it didn't last all that long, since I eventually removed the item. But yeah. We were in no way dead. We could have stayed that way until v3 came out if someone had kept paying for the dev server. But it's probably better this way.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys View Post
It was from ocremix...best place where they could legally use the music.

And I'm not denying that Zodiac dropped Maloria's playercount...of course they did, they dropped EVERY servers player count because they were a new server on the classic list. Happens every time a new server goes on the classic list. But I managed to keep the playercount around 20-30 by releasing new items and such. haha I think at one point when I released a formerly banned item, and made an NPC to add it to everyone (it was a one hit kill, so it was lots of fun) we had a higher playercount than every server other than Zodiac and UN. Of course, it didn't last all that long, since I eventually removed the item. But yeah. We were in no way dead. We could have stayed that way until v3 came out if someone had kept paying for the dev server. But it's probably better this way.
Wait, what? I thought it was ME who kept the server alive on the classic list while Zero and you guys were working on v3, until Mania told me to screw v2 and help out on v3 instead.