Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Well, management should change. Inferno should be made manager of Babylon; throughout Babylon being under construction he's the only one who did work.

Kish, Silent and Alexander

This bit down here are for the posts Velox and Crono made:

Quote:
A good Manager sees as to things get done. Not do them himself. According to this, Inferno worked under Kish' management, thus, Kish did a good job in getting Inferno.
Inferno did what he wanted, which wasn't a bad thing. Kisharha did nothing but promote a GP to an adminstrator.

Quote:
Silent was a decent manager, alex is hardly on I think and Kish doesn't do anything...
Silent didn't do work unless he was told to do work. Even when he got told to do work he didn't do the majority of it.

Alex is never on, I'm surprised you hadn't removed him when you removed Malinko.

Quote:
Inf should be manager and silent should be co-manager.
I agree, Inferno should be manager. As for Silent being Co-Manager? he sucked being a manager you or someone who deserves to be a manager should get the position.

Last edited by WanDaMan; 06-24-2005 at 06:37 PM..
Old 06-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan
Well, management should change. Inferno should be made manager of Babylon; throughout Babylon being under construction he's the only one who did work.

Managers are there to MANAGE, not to develope. It isn't their duty.

Each person in a team should assume their position to what they do. If they like directing ideas, organizing everything, then Manager is alright. If they don't like interacting with anyone, but like developing, then a Developer is great. They don't have to mess with people to hire, or who does what.

A good Manager sees as to things get done. Not do them himself. According to this, Inferno worked under Kish' management, thus, Kish did a good job in getting Inferno.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:09 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan

Silent was a decent manager, alex is hardly on I think and Kish doesn't do anything...

Inf should be manager and silent should be co-manager.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Sorry guys Kisharha did not get me it was Silent who get me. I trid to get Kish to hire me before but she never responded or talked to me before Silent hired me X_X.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:14 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
I didn't do work on Babylon at all.
It wasnt directed at you, but at least you are truthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
Each person in a team should assume their position to what they do. If they like directing ideas, organizing everything, then Manager is alright. If they don't like interacting with anyone, but like developing, then a Developer is great. They don't have to mess with people to hire, or who does what.
And if they suck at what they do, or can not fufill their duty, they need to step down or be removed, so that someone else can give it a go (How about Era just awhile ago?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox Cruentus
A good Manager sees as to things get done. Not do them himself.
I am a manager of a place, i bark orders at everyone else, and when a problem arises, i do not go to take care of it myself, i also do not moniter the situation to make sure things are going well. -- no?

Incase you are not fully aware a manager should have a very active role on a server, just not "Hey do this, and make sure its done when i come back in two weeks, or else its your job, not mine"

Sometimes thats how life is? Sometimes things arent fair? Well when someone dosent step up and take their peice of the reponsibility then they lose valuable assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix
The only problem stopping us from finishing plans is the Lack of people who can script. Our Lazy staff and the people like James quitting on us.
I am glad to see I get a catagory all to myself.
Maybe you do not understand the grounds behind why I decided to quit but it was not because "zomgwtf bab r sux" or anything like that.

You know how I Feel about it, and so does everyone else who was there.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:42 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Inferno as Manager? No offense, but is Babylon really that desperate?
Old 06-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Dark Nations Manager
refinoheat2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to refinoheat2 Send a message via MSN to refinoheat2
Inferno is a hard working... I will get on Babs tonight and then make my opinion on whether I believe it will last once again, or like many of you said, last a week or so then die.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:37 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by refinoheat2
Inferno is a hard working... I will get on Babs tonight and then make my opinion on whether I believe it will last once again, or like many of you said, last a week or so then die.
Hard working doesn't mean good Mananger. From what I've heard, Inferno can be a real ***** to work with.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:33 AM
Cookie Monster. :3
ChibiChibiLuc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ChibiChibiLuc Send a message via MSN to ChibiChibiLuc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro
Hard working doesn't mean good Mananger. From what I've heard, Inferno can be a real ***** to work with.
>_> He sure can.

Yay, I made Kuro pets.
But then I noticed they're Bomy rip offs.
So I'm like.. Ew.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Would now not be a good time to throw a "vote for curt1s" out there? Oh well.

If it goes classic again, I'd give it a shot...but...doubtful I'd stay. It's lacking something, can't put my finger on it though.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 AM
Velox Cruentus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Velox Cruentus Send a message via AIM to Velox Cruentus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687
And if they suck at what they do, or can not fufill their duty, they need to step down or be removed, so that someone else can give it a go (How about Era just awhile ago?)
I quit Era not because I was a bad Manager, but because I had conflicts of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687
I am a manager of a place, i bark orders at everyone else, and when a problem arises, i do not go to take care of it myself, i also do not moniter the situation to make sure things are going well. -- no?

Incase you are not fully aware a manager should have a very active role on a server, just not "Hey do this, and make sure its done when i come back in two weeks, or else its your job, not mine"
I never said the Manager shouldn't be active. I mainly said that a Manager's role isn't to develope, although he may do so if he pleases. His role is to make sure everyone is working, to find new people to replace the ones that quit/were fired. It is his duty to make sure the content on his server isn't stolen. I never said he shouldn't be active.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro
Yea I can sure be. I tend to do this to anyone who is 1.Slacking at doing work
2.Disturbing work 3.Just fooling around

So I fired a bunch of people things go better but then they get mad at me and cry about it. Sorry for doing my job lol. Then there are those people I cant fire, some of you know the type. I just say w/e I want to them til they quit. When it comes down to it. I have no heart for anyone who is lazy. Yet sadly its so ez to make me like you with the slightest bit of work. Some people dont even do that.

I meen even if your slow at doing work Ill still be happy. *Looks at Crono*
lol your slow but no clue what I would do without ya.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Alexander is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alexander
Pretend I read the entire thread >.>, life is consuming, so much to do in so little time. I try to be active, then get caught in something else, such as the stupid 28 hour required driving school, that class is boring

Anyone, Kojiro, scripting is in my blood, I can't really forget it, but if it comes to gscript2, I half learned it, and never really used it, so I can't really say I know it. Lastly, Mainko sucks
Old 06-25-2005, 02:02 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Lastly, Mainko sucks
Nice flaming Mr.Manager. Not like you do so much work yourself, or from what we've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00-I mean Hiro
Hard working is a plus here, Inferno is a good manager and is good at commanding. He's the only LAT Admin in the past 2 years to make me actually -gasp- WORK! Yeah thats right, OHNOES CRONO IS WORKING. Every other playerworld I get bored with. Sure I'm bored with babylon but I'm still working. Why? Because Inferno knows what he's doing. He's good at managing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
I meen even if your slow at doing work Ill still be happy. *Looks at Crono*
lol your slow but no clue what I would do without ya.
<3 <3 <3

Quote:
Silent didn't do work unless he was told to do work. Even when he got told to do work he didn't do the majority of it.
Ah but he's constantly fixing NPCs and sometimes making levels. Trust me Wan, he's doing stuff. But Kish? She randomly promotes people. The ADMINS have level 4 RC's.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:31 PM
Dark Nations Manager
refinoheat2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to refinoheat2 Send a message via MSN to refinoheat2
Alright... I have gone around, seen the changes, and come up with a some-what type of observation.

They have some great ideas, to keep players busy so if they are bored there is something to do, which will help in the long run. Also many of thier levels look rather good, some need some work and a found a few errors but nothing to big. It does need more stuff though, and more development. But that could be added as they go. So if they went Classic now they have a chance. My only questioning would be I doubt people are going to leave the server the play to have to learn another, so new players might, but I doubt to many will...

GL though, I might get on every now and then to look around.