Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
is unbanned from forums!
Yaya !
Old 10-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Snake Eyes
Arakonda is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
i dont even know how to reply to that
No one does...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
If you're not going to take the time to pretty up your writing, then the content probably isn't even worth reading.

A badly edited book isn't worth the paper it's printed on. If you're going to write something with the intent on sharing it, go all the way, don't cop-out with something like this.
Thank you for the blunt but to the point reason I didn't have to go through with him.

Pojo is 100% right on this. You definitely fixed a good amount of spelling errors but there are still grammar errors, misuse of some words, fragments and much more and like Pojo said if you can't balance your effort properly it's going to show and pretty much destroy any chance of it being worth while to anyone.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Thank you for the blunt but to the point reason I didn't have to go through with him.

Pojo is 100% right on this. You definitely fixed a good amount of spelling errors but there are still grammar errors, misuse of some words, fragments and much more and like Pojo said if you can't balance your effort properly it's going to show and pretty much destroy any chance of it being worth while to anyone.
They thought Einstein was an idiot because he sucked at school. GUESS WHOSE LAUGHING NOW?

Seriously though, just shut up. If you can't give any constructive criticism other than "You suck @ grammar/spelling" then why do you even post. This goes for all you people making me read through 2 pages of garbage.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I never knew you were a comedian in your spare time.

Me:
Being used to reading idiot speak (I did play Era afterall) I read parts of your ideas. They seemed alright, but its all been said before and you're wasting your time if you think any of it will actually be added to the server.
You: I DID NOT SPEAK IDIOT >:/
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Why did you read through the garbage in the first place?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Cassini
Quote:

I ran it though spell check after like the first two pages of you saying there was so much wrong with it. As I said, there was no spelling errors.

Wow listen to this kid ^

Quote:
They thought Einstein was an idiot because he sucked at school. GUESS WHOSE LAUGHING NOW?

Seriously though, just shut up. If you can't give any constructive criticism other than "You suck @ grammar/spelling" then why do you even post. This goes for all you people making me read through 2 pages of garbage.
Respect. Because I'm so fukng pissed off right now at this goofy child. Bud is just sitting there trying to sink the topic, getting people to disregard the whole thing because it's ' SoooOoOOooO Poorly written' when the entire essay isn't even bad at all as far as how its written. In fact IT'S WELL written enough to easily grasp the ideas I'm trying to introduce
Old 10-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultaccount View Post
I ran it though spell check after like the first two pages of you saying there was so much wrong with it.

Wow listen to this kid ^
Would you like me to screenshot and actually point out every mistake you made? I'd love to if you would like.

Quote:
I didn't read this whole thing but props if you on my side with this because im so fukng pissed off right now at this goofy child.
Don't get mad at me because you're unable to control yourself. I like being goofy

Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How is any of that poorly written or in any way incoherent?
It reads like you're explaining the idea off the top of your head to someone else in person.

I.e:

Basically, after a point where a party has achieved enough to become a gang, they get the chance to pick one of the bases all around gmap to be there gang base. After that if the gang is successful and doing a very good job verse the rival gangs and party gangs, unlock more perks like gang gun, and more player slots after very long stretches of doing good as a gang. Like HP levels but a longer grind to get things like gang guns. There will also be rival party gangs that will be trying to take over your base. Having some sort of hostile takeover if you take there base an amount of time or or a 10,000hp chest something. Some sort of system So that parties could take over a gang base and then they have full control over the base, if that gang had a gang gun, the party could use that gang gun ect. If they unlocked a heli or something just an example. Like stuff like that, all the perks the gang has unlocked the party can use while they have the gang base, more members, ect. If they hold it for longer than like 2 hours or something redicious. THEY GET THE BASE! But the gang would have had to be mostly online, prize is great so the difficulty of doing it is that fold. The party would become a gang and have all the perks that were already unlocked. The gang to get there base back would have to do the same thing the party did, hold there base back down for an amount of time to get the base back, and or take over a new gang base by the same process.

Simplifies to...

When a party has earned enough points to become a gang they get to choose one of the many gang bases on the gmap. As they progress and continue to earn points through gang activity they will be able to unlock other perks such as a gang gun, or more player slots to increase the capacity of their gang.

Gangs will be able to capture each others bases. To capture a base the attacker's will have to destroy a chest, or stand on a point till the base is considered captured. To give the defender's a chance the attackers will have to maintain the base for longer than 2 hours before ownership is transferred over to the attacking gang, upon receiving ownership of the base they will be rewarded with the bases unique perk or other rewards that still need to be determined.

Now what do you think is easier to read and understand?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Cassini
Quote:
Would you like me to screenshot and actually point out every mistake you made? I'd love to if you would like.

Don't get mad at me because you're unable to control yourself. I like being goofy
what the fuk is this?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Cassini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It reads like you're explaining the idea off the top of your head to someone else in person.

I.e:

Basically, after a point where a party has achieved enough to become a gang, they get the chance to pick one of the bases all around gmap to be there gang base. After that if the gang is successful and doing a very good job verse the rival gangs and party gangs, unlock more perks like gang gun, and more player slots after very long stretches of doing good as a gang. Like HP levels but a longer grind to get things like gang guns. There will also be rival party gangs that will be trying to take over your base. Having some sort of hostile takeover if you take there base an amount of time or or a 10,000hp chest something. Some sort of system So that parties could take over a gang base and then they have full control over the base, if that gang had a gang gun, the party could use that gang gun ect. If they unlocked a heli or something just an example. Like stuff like that, all the perks the gang has unlocked the party can use while they have the gang base, more members, ect. If they hold it for longer than like 2 hours or something redicious. THEY GET THE BASE! But the gang would have had to be mostly online, prize is great so the difficulty of doing it is that fold. The party would become a gang and have all the perks that were already unlocked. The gang to get there base back would have to do the same thing the party did, hold there base back down for an amount of time to get the base back, and or take over a new gang base by the same process.

Simplifies to...

When a party has earned enough points to become a gang they get to choose one of the many gang bases on the gmap. As they progress and continue to earn points through gang activity they will be able to unlock other perks such as a gang gun, or more player slots to increase the capacity of their gang.

Gangs will be able to capture each others bases. To capture a base the attacker's will have to destroy a chest, or stand on a point till the base is considered captured. To give the defender's a chance the attackers will have to maintain the base for longer than 2 hours before ownership is transferred over to the attacking gang, upon receiving ownership of the base they will be rewarded with the bases unique perk or other rewards that still need to be determined.

Now what do you think is easier to read and understand?

AKA: Ya that's a good idea tho...
anyways
Old 10-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
I want to ask two questions.

How old are you sir and what is the farthest in your education you have reached?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
anyways
Your 'idea' is common-sense and has probably been pitched around by staff for years now. The only thing you did was put a ****ty wrapper around it and post it. So yeah thanks for posting, I wasn't sure if the forums was going reach it's eratard quota for the week.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 PM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Long editing.
Why do you guys continue this, I find it fairly funny the lengths you're willing to go to just to prove the obvious fact he's not a great essay writer.

@Fowlplay, If you were able to get that information out of his explanation and process it through to be clear then obviously it wasn't poorly written. Just poorly thought out or constructed.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Quote:
Why do you guys continue this, I find it fairly funny the lengths you're willing to go to just to prove the obvious fact he's not a great essay writer.
I was hoping he would understand it, not everyone else or were you caught up so much in trying to defend the fellow that you didn't catch that?