Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
When are we going to fix the /open account disconnect?

It's been a few years. Has it never been brought up? Occasionally I will /open an account on RC and it will immediately disconnect me. It seems to be a player-specific issue as it only happens with Graal# accounts, and in the instance of encountering this bug, no amount of times using /open on that player will result in a successful opening of their attributes. Which forces me to log on client, open the scripted RC, and then /openflags that account since it never happens on scripted RC. (Which is horribly inconvenient)

I've had this issue on no less than three different computers, and I've heard of it occasionally happening to the other staff as well. So it's most assuredly not just me. Can we do something about it?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:57 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
It never happened to me on the mobile era (and its dev server). When I worked for UC servers I also never experienced that issue.

Yes I'm also using a Graal# account. What server do you experience that on? Maybe there is something wrong with that one
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
It's cause of too many clientr flags.

Stefan could fix the shortcomings with Windows RC but has chosen not to for whatever reason.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:11 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
How many flags does this take?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:56 AM
Hazard to Graal
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Odd. So you don't think whether an account is a Graal# or not has any bearing on the issue? Because I have absolutely never, ever, EVER experienced this issue with non-Graal#s.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
Odd. So you don't think whether an account is a Graal# or not has any bearing on the issue? Because I have absolutely never, ever, EVER experienced this issue with non-Graal#s.
I have, plenty of times. Could be they are separate issues with similar symptoms, though.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Never seen this, how many megabytes of data are stored in the account? x-x
Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Hazard to Graal
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
never seen this, how many megabytes of data are stored in the account? X-x
I went sniffing around and found one that caused me to disconnect. Most of the players seem to have flags ranging around 50-170 KB. I can open those just fine without any delay whatsoever. But when I opened one that was 286 KB (0.28 MB) I immediately got disconnected.

Judging from how quickly it disconnects me, I assume that the disconnect is more dictated by the size of the file versus how long it would actually take to open it? I mean, it hardly even lags when pasting to notepad. It's not like working in file browser where you'll lag for 5+ seconds before being kicked off. Here I get kicked the moment I hit enter
Old 09-19-2013, 06:55 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Whats it like in Client RC? and can you paste the flags here
Old 09-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Hazard to Graal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Whats it like in Client RC? and can you paste the flags here
That is the value from client RC. I flat out can't open -and thus cannot access- those attributes in regular RC. I can't copy and paste them here since the forums throw a "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters." error. I may be able to pastebin it for you if you'd like, but I may need to get the go-ahead from fp4 first. He's pretty security-conscious about our scripts, and I don't know how he'd feel about someone going and pasting a list of all of our variables.