Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
New Manager

I think it really has been too long.

I'm certain there is a current staff member on Classic who could do a vastly better job as manager.

If we didn't have to pay to play this server, I might see things a bit differently, but when the majority of the players want a change, I don't see the point in not giving it to them unless it's an impossibility.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
I approve of this thread, and nominate myself or thor for a new manager.
Someone who can listen and act on the players behalf.
This game is about the players, and listening to what they want and more importantly, acting on that.

Storm does the listening part, but is unable to act.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
i laura agree with kevin.

and i think DC would fit the job
Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
i laura agree with kevin.

and i think ziplock or DC would fit the job
Zippy blew his chance at that option.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Zippy blew his chance at that option.
ok well dc for manager then
Old 03-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
I approve of this thread, and nominate myself or thor for a new manager.
Someone who can listen and act on the players behalf.
This game is about the players, and listening to what they want and more importantly, acting on that.

Storm does the listening part, but is unable to act.

Can I show you my ninja info cards?

In for /roast -ing, see Luda for details.

Yeah, I agree with all above.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not entirely sure on which way I should vote. The server hasn't changed much over the 4-5 years has it? There is a number of people who should be taking responsibility for the server's failure, but one constant has been Storm through it all. Maybe the server's failure has been entirely his fault, or maybe not. I am like most players; uninformed. It is impossible for us to have any insight in the going-ons of the upper Classic 'management'.

I'm sure everyone who has posted in this thread for the most part was pressured into making the post through one person or another, and for the most part the people who will post have no understanding of whats going on, just their feelings on the matter, based hearsay from a select few developers who are running on their own personal agendas. It is impossible for the 'average player' to make an informed decision on this matter, so I call on division leads and developers like Thor to give some actual insight.

If it turns out Storm is the main cause for all this, then what? The PWA has shown with Era that they have no ability to manage a server directly, or atleast no better than Storm has. We can't select anyone from our player pool because it is incredibly shallow. Putting someone like DC in would be exactly like put Kevin or myself in charge (don't even suggest Rufus, he has a list of failures as long as my leg). The only real alternative I see is giving the LAT division control, and having the PWA ensure the server is moving forward (but no direct interference).
Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
What happened to Thor for Manager? You guys are really wishy washy.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Kevin Azite
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I'm not entirely sure on which way I should vote. The server hasn't changed much over the 4-5 years has it? There is a number of people who should be taking responsibility for the server's failure, but one constant has been Storm through it all. Maybe the server's failure has been entirely his fault, or maybe not. I am like most players; uninformed. It is impossible for us to have any insight in the going-ons of the upper Classic 'management'.
k
Quote:
I'm sure everyone who has posted in this thread for the most part was pressured into making the post through one person or another, and for the most part the people who will post have no understanding of whats going on, just their feelings on the matter, based hearsay from a select few developers who are running on their own personal agendas. It is impossible for the 'average player' to make an informed decision on this matter, so I call on division leads and developers like Thor to give some actual insight.
I don't think there was really any pressure to post here, especially one direction or another. The most said about this thread was a link.

I'm the sure the players are indeed posting their feelings, and their feelings are the figurehead of Classic has remained veiled/hidden/inactive, and the server has suffered accordingly. Is that really the cause? Who knows. I'd say it probably is.
Quote:
If it turns out Storm is the main cause for all this, then what? The PWA has shown with Era that they have no ability to manage a server directly, or atleast no better than Storm has. We can't select anyone from our player pool because it is incredibly shallow. Putting someone like DC in would be exactly like put Kevin or myself in charge (don't even suggest Rufus, he has a list of failures as long as my leg). The only real alternative I see is giving the LAT division control, and having the PWA ensure the server is moving forward (but no direct interference).
I don't think the player pool has any effect on whether or not their is a qualified player.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I don't think there was really any pressure to post here, especially one direction or another. The most said about this thread was a link.

I'm the sure the players are indeed posting their feelings, and their feelings are the figurehead of Classic has remained veiled/hidden/inactive, and the server has suffered accordingly. Is that really the cause? Who knows. I'd say it probably is.
Someone told you to make this thread, and that person is more than likely going to use the thread for a platform to run for Manager. You do notice how it instantly became "NAME for manager" thread? These people were coerced in some way. How could a player know that X would be better than Y?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sir Link View Post
I don't think the player pool has any effect on whether or not their is a qualified player.
I only mean that if we're deciding on Manager internally (from Classic), we don't have many people to choose from, nor do any of them actually fit the 'qualifications' of Manager. We have three types of people who play the server right now; active staff, ex-staff, and people with no staff experience at all. All the ex-staff have been fired for corruption at some point, and the same could be said for most of the active staff members as well. Hiring someone with no staff experience would be stupid.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:03 PM
PH@NTOM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PH@NTOM
Can't there be like...

Two people who are manager, for example DC and Thor, this way they can look over one another's shoulder, I don't know though that's just my input!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
I honestly don't see how I'm destructive to the server compared to max or kevin.
Sure, I've had my fun, but with classic's well being in mind.
I've been trying to do whats right for classic for the past 3 years, both in GC Dev and Dev positions, but I'm only one person. Usually all the things I do that get praise have been me overstepping the bounds of my position to get something done that needs to be done.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
What do you guys think a manager does?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Kevin Azite
I don't see where people come off calling me destructive.

"OHMYGOD HE RESET EVERYBODY'S ACCOUNT"

yea, I did, but Thor had backups of everybody's account from a few days before because of what happened with floydian or whatever. I knew that. He knew that. All the staff knew that.

"oh man he put bell in jail that one time"

yea I'm sure as she laughed as it took her 2 minutes to rectify the situation and remove my RC she thought it was truly destructive.

It would be really quite easy to do something extremely malicious but it's never happened.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
era does not need a new manager. stop asking for one.
wtf ?