Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2011, 06:17 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Server Hosting

Zodiac and Era need to be hosted on better servers. For the most popular servers on Graal, they sure do lag a lot.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Or they just delete useless Scripts from Levels. :o

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I would love to hear from Stefan or Unixmad (or anyone else) on what kind of hardware these servers are running on. It sounds like they have MySQL running on some sort of Linux box, but how powerful are we talking?

Furthermore, do you think if they leveraged more CPU or RAM to these specific servers that the Graal code would even take advantage of it?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:59 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
I've noticed Zodiac lagging pretty bad lately. I apparently have around 200ms (which is normal for a Euro player) but my spells sometimes have up to 2 seconds of delay before casting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
I would love to hear from Stefan or Unixmad (or anyone else) on what kind of hardware these servers are running on. It sounds like they have MySQL running on some sort of Linux box, but how powerful are we talking?

Furthermore, do you think if they leveraged more CPU or RAM to these specific servers that the Graal code would even take advantage of it?
Phantos <3.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I've noticed Zodiac lagging pretty bad lately. I apparently have around 200ms (which is normal for a Euro player) but my spells sometimes have up to 2 seconds of delay before casting.

Phantos <3.
I checked 211ms when I logged on.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:32 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Another PW may be indirectly causing the lag on Zodiac.

Talked to Stefan and he mentioned that he would be restarting the servers sometime this week which may help alleviate the lag issues.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:58 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Yeah, something tells me that other servers such as UN which have a plethora of unused and messy scripts are inadvertently causing lag on Zodiac... I think it's safe to bet that Zodiac has some of the, if not the very, best scripts currently in use on Graal...
Old 08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Yeah, something tells me that other servers such as UN which have a plethora of unused and messy scripts are inadvertently causing lag on Zodiac... I think it's safe to bet that Zodiac has some of the, if not the very, best scripts currently in use on Graal...
It's not going to be an issue on the classic list more likely would be on an UC server.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
2. 0.189685424 % KevinDB (in level onlinestartlocal.nw at pos (30.5, 30))
3. 0.155373811 % *Forums
4. 0.102733771 % *Achievements

these 3 things are making fairly regular SQL queries and never manage to jump up past .2% or so, probably just as likely that someone is doing something taxing in short bursts like /scriptscan all *
Old 08-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Pizza Wizard
If there is such a thing as one server lagging another server due to server A's bad scripts, well, I feel sorry for anyone hosted on the same server as Valikorlia. We have a ton of old systems cobbled together doing who knows what.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
If there is such a thing as one server lagging another server due to server A's bad scripts, well, I feel sorry for anyone hosted on the same server as Valikorlia. We have a ton of old systems cobbled together doing who knows what.
Aha! It's Val that is causing Zodiac lag. Delete val!
jkjk
Old 08-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
There's obviously such a thing since they're running on the same server and no virtualization seems to be running.

I won't pretend I've ever seen Val's scripts but it seems like a vast majority would be running on the clientside, just from logging on and walking around a bit.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Pizza Wizard
I took a look through NC the other day and we just have dozens of old systems wrapped into one another, nothing really being used heavily, but I feel like some clean up may be in order.

Also when I ran Gball for 3 days straight, I can't imagine that not causing some slow down, flood limit or no.

One of these days I'll get a clearer picture of where and how Graal is hosted and then either be amazed at how little it requires to go, or just how much I've underestimated it all this time.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
GBall is only using memory when running, and occasionally a bit of disk IO. You can use memstats (or /stats) to see how much memory it's using.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 AM
Pizza Wizard
Interesting stuff in there, but nothing persistently draining, sort of like your previous conclusion.