Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Drake
camelback is on a distinguished road
When will all of these "changes" be taking place? I've spent a lot of time on that server and id like to know when. What are you doing with the kingdoms? Are the ones in place now still going to be there? Im just curious on how this next attempt is going to be layed out. Lets see some things done and released. PH's, Hats, Staff openings etc..
Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Um, they won't be released on the public server little by little. I'm going to re-release the server all together.

Releasing it little by little would be so idiotic that I cannot even comprehend the reasons for doing so. :P

I have no estimated release date but I am working on the server every day and I will prove it with updates every few days to show that things are getting done. I wouldn't expect it to be done by the end of this month though... probably more like 2-3 months from now... I'm moving at the end of the month so I dunno what that might do to development speed.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Drake
Can we help you at all? Can we at least do events and make some minor changes to the server at the moment?
Old 05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Mishra is on a distinguished road
Looks great konidias. The inventory system reminds me of the Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu series, which I liked a lot. I'm assuming it functions like it too?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix2
...there was a 2k1 without the moon you know.
bomy moon creates the minimap.. imagine that brown.. blue?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
bomy moon creates the minimap.. imagine that brown.. blue?
That's how it was before.

Bomy Moon used to be completely water, except for a small section that was Jinn's Island.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
I really don't remember much playing 2001 G2k1 more towards the end of that year (Septemberish), else, I just played Elven Lands, and then recieved some1's acct for a week to use G2k1, then I made 100g, and some1 CC Frauded my acct :o.. it got banned after 6 months in the yr.

So then, I had to.. get money and reupgrade.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Old Bee
Yeah the bomy moon is hideous... It was once just all ocean there but it was too empty... They didn't have to go fill in the entire space, but I guess that's what happened. The cove will make it not so empty but it won't stretch over the entire body of water, so that it's easier to swim around...

I saw the bomy moon as a big nuisance. It was huge, in the way, and all it was there for was a little story about evil bomies coming and saying profanity and a quest to get faster shoes or whatever...
Old 05-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Graal 2001, will always be a failure. Just scrap the server and put efforts into something worth while already.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Old Bee
way to have a positive attitude!
Old 05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
way to have a positive attitude!
When a server goes from 201 players opening day to 0 in about a week, it probably means that whatever you do with graphics or an inventory system will not help. I am positive, but you are trying to revive something that has died and been decaying for years now.

The main interest people had with Graal 2001 was making money to buy hats, and houses which was repetitive and annoying. The only thing the server had going for itself was the constant events.

I admire your dedication to this project, but as I had to learn you have to let some things go. (for me the way classic used to be)
Old 05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafukie
When a server goes from 201 players opening day to 0 in about a week, it probably means that whatever you do with graphics or an inventory system will not help. I am positive, but you are trying to revive something that has died and been decaying for years now.
Yes but it wasn't for lack of trying. It was because the release was worse than the original server.

It's not just new graphics and an inventory system by the way... If that's all I planned to do, I wouldn't have even taken on the project. You say the only other thing the server had going for itself was events. Well I'm going to change that. There will be more to do then just events and jobs. I'm making sure of that.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Drake
Then as I said on my post at the top! Since you are the "Manager" can you at least give everyone a sword for free, make some small changes on the server with bodies and such, and get the server moving so it has a chance to populate before these "Big Changes" take place? That server is very useful why not give it a push.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug
Hey camelback:

He typed this like on page 3
He's talking about on the current public server.

It would be a waste of time and effort to do anything at all to the public server. Why would I want people to start playing there? They would just be more irritated if they had to be reset on a server they are active on. There's no way I'm going to let someone else run bomy lands while I'm working on bomy island...

It would just be confusing and then when my server is ready for release people wouldn't understand why the active bomy lands server is being replaced. Not everyone reads the forums. :P
Old 05-04-2006, 02:38 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
I hate to be a "gloom and doom" type too but no matter who's working on it, 2k1 never seems to come back.

Still rooting for you, though. Everybody-gets-a-house makes me happy.