Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Headmaster of Hogwarts
MrDumbledore is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOmega View Post
server rights or folder rights?
actual rights, e.g. most fonts are copyrighted
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 PM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDumbledore View Post
actual rights, e.g. most fonts are copyrighted
Ah, got it, thank you.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
I added an option in the F3 window earlier for changing the font name and size, are there any problems with it? It's currently not a drop-down box because there's currently no way to reliably get available fonts but that'll come in a future release (except on Mac where it's a drop-down box listing fonts but a lot of them are not yet being read from the system font folder).
Thanks, lol I just noticed it. All you have to do is type in the font. =]

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
/-;,;-\ /-;,;-\ /-;,;-\
KrimsonSky can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to KrimsonSky
is it just a coincidence that this has 666 writting on it D:
*Bell (Tue Feb 09 15:32:52 2010): go sit on noctorious and pretend you're on Era!
Chris Vimes (Sun Aug 08 09:40:16 2010): r u rly a purple super dragon??
snk (Working) (Wed Oct 13 12:40:55 2010):they do nothing, i hate them with passion
Old 10-05-2010, 02:44 AM
One More Time
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
ok, I'm not sure what's going on but now in openGL I'm still geting the issue of the client freezing when changing servers....
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
I added an option in the F3 window earlier for changing the font name and size, are there any problems with it? It's currently not a drop-down box because there's currently no way to reliably get available fonts but that'll come in a future release (except on Mac where it's a drop-down box listing fonts but a lot of them are not yet being read from the system font folder).
could you add a Mute sounds while your at it?
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 10-05-2010, 07:16 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Yes, I have. My reasons just aren't acceptable to you, because I have the gall to dislike the old external playerlist. It's like a cardinal sin, or something.
^_^?

Quote:
Obviously, the guy creating the game doesn't think he's messed it up. External windows are a new, great feature, and it's natural to convert all old external windows to the new, scripted ones, considering those can be modified much more easily.

You probably wouldn't have been so upset if there was already a theme made. But, then again, I didn't say that you should have to make it.
lol? When did I say external windows were a bad thing? They look horrible. The aesthetics are an easy fix. Putting the responsibility on the players to make it look passable is a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius
Currently, PMs cannot be used as acceptable proof on playerworlds because the only way to get PMs is from a screenshot. Screenshots can be altered, and just copy/pasting history to staff can be edited even more easily...

so it's not a matter of being lazy at all. It's a matter of being able to use PMs as proof of harassment or not.
Fair enough.

Out of context reports are going to be a real *****. Time to wise ass on player only then.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
On the topic of a 'report pm' button: You should easily be able to grasp examples of how it can be abused. People will be reporting constantly (our playerbase is nothing like the iPhone playerbase) and things that are out of context like Crono said. Staff or suckups find something funny? Report that for everyone else on RC to see. Someone is complaining about a member of staff and you're trying to cause trouble/joke/suck up? Report that for everyone else on RC to see. There's just tons of ways for it to be abused.

Bell outlined something when the topic was brought up about logging Mass Messages/Private Messages, it applies here, and I completely agree with it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
As a GP for years I have to agree to a certain point that many things are too automated but I also have to blame the change in attitude of the playerbase. While screenshots and histories are ok as 'additional evidence.' They should never be used as the sole evidence. They are too often altered or submitted to look like the accused is doing something wrong.

Almost every player now accused of wrongdoing demands to see proof. If you show them proof provided by their accuser they claim its faked and provide their own faked history to contradict it. If you show them a server provided history such as mass message histories its pretty much indisputeable.

However, I do not believe that any actions should be taken by Graal staff over things said in pm's. There is the ignore feature attached to the playerlist and it should always be the first step taken if you don't want to read what someone says to you privately. By blocking them it forces them to start harrassing you publicly which can then be seen by the staff and other players. Hence backing up your story.

This is a public online game. People are going to get into arguments with another person. People are going to get angry enough at times to go off on them in anger or frustration. Half the time they've made up and are buddies again before a GP can even resolve the issue. The rest are usually people that harass everyone and get a history of it and should be banned or jailed. We are not babysitters or protectors of your delicate psyche. If you can't learn to ignore someone and insist on responding back in kind then you shouldn't be complaining. Take responsibility for some of your own actions. Life isn't going to always defend you when things go downhill.
...and this is why she was Playerworld Administrator Administrator
Old 10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
When we tell players to just ignore them, they just look at you and go to another staff that's actually WANTING to help.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
When we tell players to just ignore them, they just look at you and go to another staff that's actually WANTING to help.
If staff were consistent in how they dealt with situations, this wouldn't even be an issue. Telling a player to put someone on ignore is not not "wanting" to help either.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 PM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
1. V6 takes 1.5x - 2x more amount CPU than V5.
2. At the bottom, you it's Severname, not Servernam
3. The playerlist copies itself when you hold+drag. Same for profiles.
4. The profile is a little off-axis? The words cut off; i.e. Favorite Hangout, Favorite Quote, etc.
5. PMs are a seperate window now, that can be a little laggy.
6. If you hold the Windows button on your keyboard, you can't move top right. Don't know if this is just me.
7. ALT freezes the game now?
All I can find for now!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
4. The profile is a little off-axis? The words cut off; i.e. Favorite Hangout, Favorite Quote, etc.
This is fixed already for the profiles on login 2. To get the login 2 updates, just go to Login 2 and it'll be added. Just needs to be copied to regular Login.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM
One More Time
SO what are some reasons as to why my client will randomly freeze/crash? and recording being very buggy (again).
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 PM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
I use ctrl as my vent key, if i hold control and move, sometimes it'll make me walk straight up/left/right/down and i can't stop for a bit. Pretty annoying, hard to re-enact but it happens constantly.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
If staff were consistent in how they dealt with situations, this wouldn't even be an issue. Telling a player to put someone on ignore is not not "wanting" to help either.
So how would you approach the matter?

Tags
graal v6