Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Delteria Main Forum > Delteria News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Gorgeous graphics Cloven. Those tiles are the kind of things LAT's have wet dreams about. Who designed?

Last edited by Lord Sephiroth; 02-23-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:13 PM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Was that when there was just the one town that was all gray and there was text rolling across the screen asking to contact someone to be hired?
I never understood why someone released that Although it was more like 15 players.
Yeah it was a pointless release, I've never understood the purpose and did not support the decision when it was initially proposed. Likely why they started the release when I wasn't around the one day. And it was 200, your memory is not serving you well.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
if it wasn't for the core scripts being needed, delteria could easily be released with a bit of reorganization: a type of story-telling would be needed to let player's know why the world of delteria has ended up the way it is, but it's got more than enough content to release, minus the scripts

i thought that delteria did have some hardcore supporting scripters working on it though, such as riot and nullify and some others. have they been unable to dedicate much time to it, or have they quit? since it's going to stay a classic-themed server, it doesn't seem likely that a large amount of scripting is needed: it would seem more like things need to be pulled together to create harmony. then again, i just don't know delteria's situation well enough to really make comments like that...
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
if it wasn't for the core scripts being needed, delteria could easily be released with a bit of reorganization: a type of story-telling would be needed to let player's know why the world of delteria has ended up the way it is, but it's got more than enough content to release, minus the scripts

i thought that delteria did have some hardcore supporting scripters working on it though, such as riot and nullify and some others. have they been unable to dedicate much time to it, or have they quit? since it's going to stay a classic-themed server, it doesn't seem likely that a large amount of scripting is needed: it would seem more like things need to be pulled together to create harmony. then again, i just don't know delteria's situation well enough to really make comments like that...
To address your comments/queries:

Pt-1) All I'm willing to say at the moment is that new players will start off as a stowaway in a sailing vessel docked outside of the Port Town (there is a short animation for this that's both clever and humorous).

Pt-2) The scripting situation has just been bad, that's really the gist, heh.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Delteria Management
Riot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
We had a some strong scripters for a little bit. But for a few months now the only people who have occasionally done anything (that I know about) has been Cloven and myself, and I haven't exactly had a lot of time to put into it.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 AM
HarDKoRe1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to HarDKoRe1234
two thumbs up for Delteria
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Sephiroth View Post
Gorgeous graphics Cloven. Those tiles are the kind of things LAT's have wet dreams about. Who designed?
Sandz did an overwhelming amount of gfx.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Babylon OG
Lord Sephiroth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Lord Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloven View Post
Sandz did an overwhelming amount of gfx.
Ah. Makes sense and doesn't surprise me. Sandz has always been awesome and creative. His kind of talent would be an asset to any server, as proven by those screenies lol.

I miss Delteria, it was my home for a while after Enigma went down before I left for Babylon. I wish you guys the best of luck. It would be a damn shame if that content wasn't used.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:34 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I think the most impressive thing in those screenshots is the diagonal wall tiles (that's a compliment for sure!)

I just don't like how you don't use southeast and southwest versions of them (more of an rpg random dungeon crawler theme rather than a zelda theme) because it doesn't allow for the type of level and dungeon designs that I go for in my work, and I would consider the ALTTP perspective to be far more advanced and open to different designs in reality.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Pt-1) All I'm willing to say at the moment is that new players will start off as a stowaway in a sailing vessel docked outside of the Port Town (there is a short animation for this that's both clever and humorous).
The guards say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Delteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
lol...

And on a side note I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for the largely positive comments. I'm still interested in anybody with GFX and GANI experience, btw. Competent scripters are also welcome.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
lol...

And on a side note I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for the largely positive comments. I'm still interested in anybody with GFX and GANI experience, btw. Competent scripters are also welcome.
Mine was extremely positive! Morrowind kicks ass.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 PM
zz
XyphosMisery is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XyphosMisery
Screenies look amazing. Hope to see Delt up and running again.
}

Old 02-28-2010, 12:26 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
You're a prisoner on a ship in Morrowind!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Morrowind kicks ass.
This!!!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
You're a prisoner on a ship in Morrowind!
And you meet your first friend Jiub, then you get throwed out of the ship and you have too speak with a creepy old man.

Then you run out in the wilderness and get owned by a Rat.

Good times indeed.