Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum > Classic News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 01:37 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
cool, can you add that to the game?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:41 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
cool, can you add that to the game?
This is what the manual says about it:

Quote:
When your card touches an opponent's card, the touching numbers will be compared. Whomever's card has the lower number will lose HP according to the difference in the numbers. If the numbers are the same, then no damage is done to either side. This is how 'battles' work and how damage is done. You win games by either lowering an opponent's HP to 0, or by forcing your opponent to run out of cards to play (no cards in hand or deck.).
I don't think this needs to be dumbed down.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:44 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
oh i never saw that- where is it in game?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrewx View Post
oh i never saw that- where is it in game?
Click image for larger version

Name:	cardmanual.png
Views:	113
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	55117
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 AM
doesn't stand out- can you add it when they first play the game OR when they try to challenge / accept a battle?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Banned
Quote:
doesn't stand out- can you add it when they first play the game OR when they try to challenge / accept a battle?
It stands out just as much as the weapon you use to play the game.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:09 AM
So you won't add it when they first play the game? oh well, i tried.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Looks like ****.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
I really don't think it looks that bad o.o What is everyone on about? It suits Classic.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 AM
Angel of Nightmares
Nightmareangel has a spectacular aura aboutNightmareangel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nightmareangel
The card game is a mix of FF8 and a card level/hp/mp system we devised. DC and I went back and forth on ideas for how we wanted battling to work and in the end we decided on the FF8 numeric style.

As for the visuals I made most of those cards several years back. At the time when we first started the project I believe Classic either didn't have many gfx artists or they were busy on other projects. I honestly don't remember. Anyway I'm not a graphics wiz obviously lol. I decided on a style though and went with it. Basically either creating scenes in the graal editor or taking existing scenes, screenshotting them and then cutting them down to fit the card template. The templates themselves...some cards have unique ones while others share templates. The ones that share templates were supposed to be cards of the same set (I had plans for card sets where if you had the entire set in your deck when you played of the cards they would receive a bonus points to their stats). I figured making sets would also add to the collecting aspect of the game. Not sure if that's still planned or not or if I even shared the idea with anyone but DC lol.

Anyway sorry for babbling. I don't care for some of the visuals of the cards myself (Hate the conch shell card and I made it lol). But there are some I love and I think the visuals add to the character of the game tbh. But eh...maybe I'm biased lol.

"Boredom is that from which insanity is born."

Former Classic Game Coordinator Adminstrator of Doom
Old 09-29-2012, 08:42 AM
Classic Developer.
TheGodAngelo is just really niceTheGodAngelo is just really nice
Quote:
So you won't add it when they first play the game? oh well, i tried.
oh you, get outta here!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodAngelo View Post
oh you, get outta here!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
While I agree that some cards look better than others, I agree with Ducati. The style suits Classic very well and it was never intended to look like Night paid some professional artist to make all the cards.

I seem to recall Night spending hours on end trying to decide which style of a single card he liked best and did that with over a hundred cards. My memory escapes me as to exactly how many now.

Its the gameplay of it that counts anyway, who cares.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
wtf u whining about they are like screenshots, what you mean they look ugly? they look as ugly as the game does... xP

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.