Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > Code Gallery
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
After further analysis it seems the loadfolder() function is not working properly anymore. I have made a very simple work around for those whos pixel editors are malfunctioning.

Thats it! Hopefully that solves some headaches.
I installed this script on Maloria two days ago and it was working flawlessly back then. I also just tried loadfolder() and it works like intended. If it doesn't work, it's because you haven't given (npcserver) read rights to said folder.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Mr. Ciprioni Atrius Admin
alissalee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alissalee Send a message via MSN to alissalee
ziro i had the same problem to after the update from stefan. npcserver had the rights and so did his.. this glich was just for the update level function in the editor.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
We had serious issues with this editor and downloading the level and using gonstruct as well. Using this editor, then going to gonstruct, messed up tile layers somehow, and using gonstruct after this editor left invisible blocking tiles that had to be cleared to continue using gonstruct.

Just FYI. Don't know why we got so unlucky.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 09-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
We had serious issues with this editor and downloading the level and using gonstruct as well. Using this editor, then going to gonstruct, messed up tile layers somehow, and using gonstruct after this editor left invisible blocking tiles that had to be cleared to continue using gonstruct.

Just FYI. Don't know why we got so unlucky.
I personally have found it is best to not even use this editor online if you have added layers via gonstruct.

Unfortunately, I can't contribute more information in my testing, but I do not see layers >0 (listed as 1 in this editor) if I open the editor online, but otherwise they are all there and function properly (even on a gmap) if I do not open the editor.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
I personally have found it is best to not even use this editor online if you have added layers via gonstruct.

Unfortunately, I can't contribute more information in my testing, but I do not see layers >0 (listed as 1 in this editor) if I open the editor online, but otherwise they are all there and function properly (even on a gmap) if I do not open the editor.
It's not possible to read layers on gmaps by script, which is why I'd only recommend this editor for levels that are not part of a gmap.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 06-16-2015, 03:26 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
When you do 'update level' to save changes it erases the changes. I remember that there used to be a time when this didn't happen and then Stefan or someone changed something so that you had to wait 2-3 minutes in between levels. Now I'm having no such luck. Has this time been increased even further? Can something be done about it?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:37 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
When you do 'update level' to save changes it erases the changes. I remember that there used to be a time when this didn't happen and then Stefan or someone changed something so that you had to wait 2-3 minutes in between levels. Now I'm having no such luck. Has this time been increased even further? Can something be done about it?
Could have a script that reads all the live tile data and saves it to file.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:03 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan
A number of people keep running into the problem of levels saving weirdly. I think I know what the cause is.

In serveroptions, if you do 'autosavelevels = true', the server will be saving levels several minutes after they have been updated last. If you are not frequently using the Update Level command as you work, sometimes the level files will get saved automatically by the server, but not updated. If you leave the map or get disconnected, the tiles will look like they have been erased, but sometimes you can recover them by actually chatting 'update level' in the client.

I'm not sure that I've seen a case where using the Update Level command in the editor will accidentally erase tile work, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for that as well. But again, I suspect that server option can interfere with the tile editor.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
We fixed this on delteria, it was a issue where you had to wait a few minutes to save, now there is a actual save button that saves the levels on demand. However Alpho is working on a pretty new level editor concept that uses updating the textfile opposed to using savelevels. Hopefully he will be done with it soon.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 06-17-2015, 06:49 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
We fixed this on delteria, it was a issue where you had to wait a few minutes to save, now there is a actual save button that saves the levels on demand.
Are you willing to post the code?
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:08 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
how 2 tiledef
Old 09-20-2016, 01:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
how 2 tiledef
graal folder -> levels -> tiledefs

edit: o i just noticed the context, i dunno man. : - (
Old 10-06-2016, 12:21 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I would like to comment on how utterly useless this thing is. Granted it allowed me to get an insane amount of tile work done in a short amount of time- far more than the regular Graal editor would have ever allowed. The problem is you have to sit in each level and wait for 3-4 minutes per level for it to save. Why? I literally retiled the entirety of the cliffs at Bogenera on Graal2001 plus redid the cliffs in Harmonia, and it all looked great. I come back later and about 1% of it saved. What's the use? This is completely useless and a downgrade from the Graal editor that has existed since the late 1990's. This only works for people who level at the speed of a snail. If you're trying to get any real work done you will lose all of your progress repeatedly and be forced to painstakingly backtrack and do all of the work you've already done twice... just to lose it all again.

Do not waste your time with this editor unless you're the kind of developer who makes 1 lever per day at your max speed, or if you like seeing your hard work thrown in the trash.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Do not waste your time with this editor unless you're the kind of developer who makes 1 lever per day at your max speed
perfect for me then. one level every 5 years
Old 10-06-2016, 03:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
\The problem is you have to sit in each level and wait for 3-4 minutes per level for it to save. Why?\
cause the servers were gimped to be like that by Stefan.