Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
It's a terrible shame but cyberjoueurs allows this to happen even though it really is their property being sold.

Here it is for all to see...

Exchanging Items & 'Scamming'
Character-owned items, such as tools, houses, and bomy pets, may be auctioned or traded within Graal's auction or trading features. If, due to bugs in the system, there are discrepancies between the buyer/seller terms and the actual result, GraalOnline will make all reasonable attempts to rectify the situation.

Any exchange of materials outside GraalOnline secured exchange locations, falls under the term 'caveat emptor', or 'buyer beware.' In other words, GraalOnline will not be responsible for rectifying broken promises, incomplete trades, etc. in such a setting. If trading outside Graal 'sanctioned' trading locations, trade only with players you can trust.

This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal.

Meaning if you do any trades outside of graal, like through any instant messanger system, you take the risk of being scammed and cyberjoueurs cannot help you get your money back or the items one person "said" they were going to give you because you don't have any proof.

It should be looked at though, i'm sure that 5% of the people that want to use instant messanger "even though it's not for USD sales" would be upset if they were suddenly banned, but if you ARE trying to sell graal for graal items there's just no excuse for you to use instant messanger.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:49 PM
myth-simba is an unknown quantity at this point
personally i think...

i think selling / buying items is a great idea,

graal kingdoms is a hard server to get good on, most all good items are rare which condems other players to not be as good,
Unless new items are released it usding won't be stopped.

anyways, i think it should be allowed, after all it's their item and their money, it just means graal cannot help them at all to retrieve it.

Hmph..
What are you looking at?
(Squadron Commander Chris Steele)
Old 07-09-2006, 11:57 PM
"..."
Moondeath_2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Moondeath_2 Send a message via MSN to Moondeath_2 Send a message via Yahoo to Moondeath_2
How on earth do you guys turn this into a flame thread, and go way off topic.
Gscript, Playerworld Rules, Support Center
Old 07-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Devotchkas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Devotchkas
i just dont see how people who work for their money and have the rights to spend it how they please are ruining a game

i think its more of the people who complain about it that are ruining the game because theyre possiably to lazy to go mow lawns to make some money and have that spare money to spend?

cause i sure do see a lot of you on here since ive been home these past few weeks
Old 07-10-2006, 01:11 AM
I n t e l l i g e n c e
Spiker has a spectacular aura aboutSpiker has a spectacular aura about
That is why I have had this in my siggy for so long, because I am reminding people that USDing SUCKS!!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Normally, I would allow this thread to continue on. I don't mind a discussion of these sorts of things. However, I find that they consist mostly of senseless jabs between the parties.

Really not very useful.

I believe that the members of the Graal Kingdoms administration have discussed it as thoroughly as it needs to be discussed - and that any questions which are of significance have been answered.