Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2006, 01:35 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Onwall2 Linux vs Windows

I was working on a movement system, and I was using clientsided Onwall2 to detect the walls. I'm on the Linux client, and it works fine for me, but then someone else is on Windows and they get different points detecting onwall than I do. For example if we're both pushing on a wall, my X is different than theirs. I switched to Windows and my X is still slightly different than some, but not the same when I'm on Linux. I think there is a problem with different systems detecting onwall2 slightly differently. The script uses the same x/y comparisons so it isn't different per user, it's constant. I switched to using onwall and everyone gets the same coordinates then.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It should be the same, both use the same underlying engine. Do you have npcs with weird shape? Would be interesting if it's may be special images which are behaving differently.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
It should be the same, both use the same underlying engine. Do you have npcs with weird shape? Would be interesting if it's may be special images which are behaving differently.
We are testing it on tiled walls (straight down the level)

You can come check it out if you want ;P.

Click Here
Old 05-29-2006, 04:21 AM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Also, Linux Graal has thing thing with question marks on my system. I'll be typing a PM, and i'll hit a question mark, it'll keep repeating for a while until I hit question mark and **** again. It's not a repeating error on my system either.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
I found myself walking into a tree. Well, okay. I found myself walking through a tree before hitting an imaginary block. Is this what you mean?

If so, then it's happening in the Mac version too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 3.png
Views:	157
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	36566  
Old 05-31-2006, 04:46 AM
Banned
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
I found myself walking into a tree. Well, okay. I found myself walking through a tree before hitting an imaginary block. Is this what you mean?

If so, then it's happening in the Mac version too.
No, it's not. Zero Hour updated the gfx of the tree. I forgot to fix setshape2
Old 06-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectshifter
Also, Linux Graal has thing thing with question marks on my system. I'll be typing a PM, and i'll hit a question mark, it'll keep repeating for a while until I hit question mark and **** again. It's not a repeating error on my system either.
I have experienced the same problem, when pressing Shift+another key and then releasing shift then the other key is not stopping. It's a bug of SDL, will need to replace SDL with direct X11 calls.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
I have experienced the same problem, when pressing Shift+another key and then releasing shift then the other key is not stopping. It's a bug of SDL, will need to replace SDL with direct X11 calls.
Something like this happens on Windows. Say I am on Era playing w/ my bher spinning, if I get imed while holding F it like auto's F. (IMed via Aim )

Stefan, can you log on sometime and help PS w/ this movement sys btw