Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2002, 08:09 AM
GrappaRoo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GrappaRoo
I use the tiles the way they were meant to be used. If 'original' is using 1/4 of the rock tile to wallpaper your house then so be it.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:23 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
I agree with thomasward actually the lvl is typical really. Your title of the post implies that it's something really original , but how can it be original if it's with the tiles that everyone else uses, least that's the way i see it . The house was designed pretty much like everyone elses design there houses cept it had a arcade machine in it. Only thing I really liked was the sail. That wouldnt be that hard to make though. I never played the maze game so I dont know nutten bout that either.
oh shut the **** up for being stupid.

originality is impossible in a small game like graal. Unless you have AMAZiNG GRAPHIC TALENTS "originality" in levels is not possible. Most of it has been done, and people act like waterfalls are the big thing, when MOST OF THEM CANNOT POSITION THE WATERFALL CORRECTLY.

And, thanks for the beer image. I lost it.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu

originality is impossible in a small game like graal. Unless you have AMAZiNG GRAPHIC TALENTS "originality" in levels is not possible. Most of it has been done, and people act like waterfalls are the big thing, when MOST OF THEM CANNOT POSITION THE WATERFALL CORRECTLY.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Crimson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Crimson
posted by toranusu

///oh shut the **** up for being stupid.

///And, thanks for the beer image. I lost it.

Well that was my opinion. I dont care what you think , Oo waterfalls aren't nothing here look at this d*** head. It may not be the best waterfall in the world but it's mine.

This was made for my tileset it's animated in game i would have put more frames in it but I dont wanna have a bunch of water tiles over and over again in my tileset ( not for graal but aota ).

Also you dont have to make tiles to be original. You can also add images to ur lvls and stuff like that, and if you would actually read a post all the way through you'll see that i said in my opinion duma***.Excuse me for not jumping on the Glub bandwagon.

And as I was saying in the previous post as the title implies that it's something VERY ORIGINAL AND NEW when it's not really. I didn't say his lvl was awfull or not good.

Plus he's kinda insulting everyone else if u think about it calling all there stuff typical really isn't very nice thing to do , especially when your lvl isn't very much different from alot of the stuff that's been on here.
Attached Images

Visit our webpage at
http://unholynation.com/aota/

Last edited by Crimson; 06-10-2002 at 01:31 PM..
Old 06-11-2002, 06:26 AM
Peoplez are very touchy on these boards...
Old 06-11-2002, 04:09 PM
thomasward is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thomasward
Quote:
I agree with thomasward actually the lvl is typical really. Your title of the post implies that it's something really original , but how can it be original if it's with the tiles that everyone else uses, least that's the way i see it . The house was designed pretty much like everyone elses design there houses cept it had a arcade machine in it. Only thing I really liked was the sail. That wouldnt be that hard to make though. I never played the maze game so I dont know nutten bout that either.
Thank you Crimson , finally someone who will agree with me about my point I'm trying to make - the graphics are quite good but the levels really aren't original, or anything new.

Quote:

Why are you telling him to shut up? If it is impossible to make original levels then these levels of Glub's can't be original and me and Crimson are correct with our opinions. But, people are bringing out original levels all the time. It's happens when they start using the tiles in new ways that haven't been done before and experimenting. But these levels, especially the inside ones just have no originality to them like Mr Glub or whatever said.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:00 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally posted by thomasward

Why are you telling him to shut up? If it is impossible to make original levels then these levels of Glub's can't be original and me and Crimson are correct with our opinions. But, people are bringing out original levels all the time. It's happens when they start using the tiles in new ways that haven't been done before and experimenting. But these levels, especially the inside ones just have no originality to them like Mr Glub or whatever said.
Typical levels and original levels are two different things.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Elite Member
Quote:

Well that was my opinion. I dont care what you think , Oo waterfalls aren't nothing here look at this d*** head. It may not be the best waterfall in the world but it's mine.
I don't understand what you are saying, nor do I understand why you posted the image, but, okay. I still don't like it.

What I meant was that people are posting waterfalls and mountains like crazy. They cannot position the waterfall dropping correctly.

Quote:
Also you dont have to make tiles to be original. You can also add images to ur lvls and stuff like that, and if you would actually read a post all the way through you'll see that i said in my opinion duma***.Excuse me for not jumping on the Glub bandwagon.
Hey genius. Making nice images will also include needing graphic talent. Most of the images don't work real good in the "originality of levels."

Quote:
And as I was saying in the previous post as the title implies that it's something VERY ORIGINAL AND NEW when it's not really. I didn't say his lvl was awfull or not good.
Typical. Average. Not "ORIGINAL AND NEW."

Quote:
Plus he's kinda insulting everyone else if u think about it calling all there stuff typical really isn't very nice thing to do , especially when your lvl isn't very much different from alot of the stuff that's been on here. [/B]
I have yet to see levels with arcades.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Well even so he's calling everyone elses lvls typical when his is in fact no better than anyone elses lol.

And the gfx really aren't that great either cept the sail. Least in the screenshots i seen which was the lvl in the house with the arcade machine and the sail boat if there was any other ones then I didn't see them

Visit our webpage at
Old 06-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Elite Member
Quote:

I have yet to see levels with arcades.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:27 AM
posted by Torankusu

// I have yet to see levels with arcades. //

do u even read or look at these post really i mean look there durrr
lol

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/a...&postid=593330

And if that isn't an arcade game then I dunno what it is lol

Visit our webpage at
Old 06-12-2002, 11:09 AM
OMG Crimson is insulted, everyone apologize. (sarcasm) I mean really, don't take everything so close to heart buddy, and please, for my sake, let this topic die. I didn't mean for everyone to become an anti-Glub cult of raving lunatics. Just take a deep breathe...because I guess not too many people know my sense of humor very well since all I really say is 'Glub'. I can understand that but going to the point of being overbearing and rude is where I wish you would all just stop before you make Glubby cry.
Old 06-12-2002, 01:18 PM
thomasward is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to thomasward
Quote:
Originally posted by GrappaRoo
OMG Crimson is insulted, everyone apologize. (sarcasm) I mean really, don't take everything so close to heart buddy, and please, for my sake, let this topic die. I didn't mean for everyone to become an anti-Glub cult of raving lunatics. Just take a deep breathe...because I guess not too many people know my sense of humor very well since all I really say is 'Glub'. I can understand that but going to the point of being overbearing and rude is where I wish you would all just stop before you make Glubby cry.
Ok Mr Glub, point taken.