Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: How harsh should harassment punishment be on Zone?
Extremely harsh - 1 kick, then locked 1 4.76%
Very harsh - At least some sort of verbal warning, kick, then lock 5 23.81%
Moderately harsh - more than one verbal warning, kick, then lock 5 23.81%
Sort of harsh - Three or more verbal warning, two kicks, then lock 3 14.29%
Not harsh at all - Locking is unacceptable. 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2007, 01:47 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Annoying - To harass or disturb by repeated attacks.
Harrassing - To irritate or torment persistently.
They sound the same to me but don't lock these people. It'll just get worse and then they'll harass you more. :o So..I say NO to locking unless its a glitcher/hacker.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:00 AM
I'ma Pimp Toast!!
Leoxx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Leoxx
lol my cusing is gona get me locked in jail xD near everytime i see cor at base1 on the other team im always like "D*MN U COR! D*MN YOU!!". and this always counts for noobs that door lame me, i say pawdy words after those events too...

This is Bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him achieve world dominance. =]
Old 02-08-2007, 02:07 AM
killer_dog10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aachen View Post
Ok, this really is as simple as it sounds. I want to see how everyone feels about harassment as something for Zone.

Here are a few choice excerpts from the "Rules of Conduct" that everyone has agreed to by creating an account and downloading graal:

The attatched screen shot shows just how few people understand this.

Look, repeated harassment of myself or other players will get you locked. It's as simple as that. I'll warn you a few times, kick you once, and then lock you upon your next offense.

If you want to complain, don't complain to me. You're the one who agreed to these rules.

Thank you. Please try not ruin this thread.
I don't really care if someone harass me because most of them can't back up there words and that I'm to lazy to talk or to change my nick.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Banned
xAzerothx has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to xAzerothx Send a message via MSN to xAzerothx Send a message via Yahoo to xAzerothx
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_dog10 View Post
I don't really care if someone harass me because most of them can't back up there words and that I'm to lazy to talk or to change my nick.
That's because before they can talk you lame them before they can finish XD. There was somebody being racist today on Iricia. That's what you could lock for I guess.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:37 AM
Wedge has 7 Rep Points :D
Tracker180 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't mind harrasment because mos everything i read goes in one eye and out my arse anyway i think the punishment shouldn't be too harsh cause its on every game, as for the tench thing....he has an awesome signatureyes, I want sum more halo guns

Quote:
This message has been deleted by Chris. Reason: replied to deleted post (don't hurt me Crono =()
Old 02-08-2007, 02:51 AM
for the win
Aachen is on a distinguished road
Here.

If I lock you for harassment, it's because I've given you planety of warning. For instance (I've unlocked poizike by the way, he's shown that he can be mature when accepting his punishment), Poizike started saying "Az is a Jew over and over again. First, that's being racist; Second, it's harassment. I warned him, he said "Ok", and then set his nick to "az is a jew" with his guild tag on. So I warned him again, then he changed his nick to "Az is a waste of a (Soul)". I kicked him. Then he started calling me, not Az, a "*** Jew", and told me to go **** myself. So I locked him, said I would unlock in 15 minutes. He kept harassing me, I warned him that I would increase the time, and he persisted. So I told him it would stay for an hour. Repeat, one day. Repeat, 3 days, he logged off. However, yesterday, he proved that he was mature enough to make it work, so I ended his lock a day early.

This story with tench is a tad different. I log on later at night, the same day I was made ET, and he notices that my tag is on. He immediately starts insulting me, asking random people why I was made ET instead of him, spewing crap about how he's more active and how he's played longer than me (Which, Tench, you should note, that neither one of those things has much impact on whether you're chosen for a staff position or not). So, we get into an arguement, he tells me to go look up my mother. Granted, I might've been overly sensitive about that comment, but I gave him a warning. He continued to attack me, telling me how I was a dumb piece of ****, etc. So I kicked him, and he starts going "lol abuse much?" to just about everyone. We argue more, and he eventually told me I should go **** my mother so I can stay on. Naturally, I locked him. I unlocked him that same night, but apparantley that didn't solve the problem.

The next day rolls around, Typhoon and tench try to lame me while I have a moderately high bounty, maybe around 330. tench starts talking to me, then tries to "type-lame" me, but I get away, heal, and kill him. Typhoon had tried to hit me with a pipebomb right before I killed Tench, but he came running up with a flamethrower, saying "FOR ALLAH!". I'd healed right after getting Tench killed, so when I saw that typhoon was trying to stay right on top of me, I realized he was trying to explode on me. I had a breather, and healed bagain to about 80~90 hp, then he came running up shouting "FOR ALLAH!", so I tagged up and told him not to be racist about stuff like that (NOTE: As a personal experience, I'd made the same joke around others before, though I later found out that one of the guys there had a dad who'd been killed in the war, so... 2 reasons, really, for warning). You could probably guess where this is going: Tench and Typhoon both accuse me of abusing my powers, I argue the point with Typhoon, sort of to a stale mate. I know that looked bad, but I stand by my reasons.

Day 3! I come home from school, log on, and surprise surprise, tench is on. I warp into Iricia, he follows on the same team, just calling me a silly noob. No big deal. We go different ways, but we started having an arguement over team chat about who knows what anymore, and he started calling me a "dumb**** noob" a bunch, I warned him verbally. He then brings up the topic of his previous lock, quotes himself on that "mother" quote, and then pretty much tells me I should've done that. Kick. I go to the dropship to discuss it there, he continues to harass me. I lock him. His friend Edmind comes up to me, and starts calling everyone around him a "Nigga" every other sentence. I warn him, he turns on me and starts harassing me. I lock him with the intention of unlocking him shortly, but he just makes the situation worse.
Quote:
Jesse: Ever notice that most people get in a lot of trouble only for making things worse when in a little trouble?
Extremely true here. Things continue, Jesse logs on, tries to deal with them, they start messing with him. Basically, things keep going like that, Tench logs on his other account, Jese and I lock it for lock evasion.

Anyway, you can see this is out of control. I can understand saying something once to a guy passing by, but if you constantly bother someone, insulting them, follow them everywhere, and continue to do so after being warned, that will warrant punishment.

NOTE: If you continue to harass someone after you have been locked, I reserve my right to unstick you or kick you whenever you get too out of hand. A prime example would be Tench's nick last night,, viewed in the screenie. I told him to change it, he refused, so I kicked him a few times, waited a bit, and did it again later.
Wasser. (Mon Mar 05 01:35:43 2007):
Mass message:
OBSERVE THE PRO ANNNND UNIVERSAL WAY OF GETTING OUT OF A ARGUEMENT YOU'RE FAILING TO WIN, DONE BY A MIGHTY PERSON:

Spyder (Party Psychopathic Rydas) (Sun Mar 04 23:34:42 2007):
spar me
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=73206

Last edited by Aachen; 02-08-2007 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: Grammar, spelling
Old 02-08-2007, 02:58 AM
for the win
Aachen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glefistus View Post
exactly stop punishing harrasers (and if u do thats WAY to harsh punishment) and focus on the HACKERS
I haven't had a problem with hackers since I've become ET, and if you disagree with punishing people who harass others, then you should actually read the quoted parts of my first post.
Wasser. (Mon Mar 05 01:35:43 2007):
Mass message:
OBSERVE THE PRO ANNNND UNIVERSAL WAY OF GETTING OUT OF A ARGUEMENT YOU'RE FAILING TO WIN, DONE BY A MIGHTY PERSON:

Spyder (Party Psychopathic Rydas) (Sun Mar 04 23:34:42 2007):
spar me
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=73206
Old 02-08-2007, 03:04 AM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aachen View Post
Typhoon had tried to hit me with a pipebomb right before I killed Tench, but he came running up with a flamethrower, saying "FOR ALLAH!". I'd healed right after getting Tench killed, so when I saw that typhoon was trying to stay right on top of me, I realized he was trying to explode on me. I had a breather, and healed bagain to about 80~90 hp, then he came running up shouting "FOR ALLAH!", so I tagged up and told him not to be racist about stuff like that

Extremely true here. Things continue, Jesse logs on, tries to deal with them, they start messing with him. Basically, things keep going like that, Tench logs on his other account, Jese and I lock it for lock evasion.
Uhh the for allah thing you should have waited until he killed you or have gotten out a jetpack and killing him. Thats the only thing. If you had you should have done it immediatly the first time don't take a breather and heal 2 times that doesn't help it makes it look like you were trying to protect your bounty. Maybe also think what would be the boiling point for huwa or jesse? Im not sure.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Zone Oracle
Huwajux will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Huwajux Send a message via MSN to Huwajux
This thread is only going to end up in arguements and flaming. Please read the rules I have set in place and take note on them. If you have any queries on the rules feel free to contact me via forum PM.

Closed.