Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2006, 05:27 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Doomsday!

Hi.

I'm searching for the past staff of the world known as DOOMSDAY!

Let me define what I mean when I speak of, "past staff". I mean, the staff who worked on the world a few months ago before Tifa closed the world.

If possible, please send me a forum private message, I would like to have a conversation amongst all.

Of course, it's relating to the world.

Thanks!

Edit: Before I forget, when contacted, please provide what position was held on the world.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:55 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Doomsday!

is dead
Old 04-15-2006, 05:58 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Doomsday!

is dead
Says you.
*awaits Tifa's trolling to search function "Doomsday" and go ape*****
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-15-2006, 06:09 AM
Millenium Owner
Omini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
*awaits Tifa's trolling to search function "Doomsday" and go ape*****
Don't hold your breath, although I still think Hiro still has contact with Tifa
Old 04-15-2006, 06:21 AM
I Fight Bears
Hiro will be very interested in this. He needs to get on AIM.
Robert Frost
Old 04-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Millenium Owner
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
Yeah. Malinko needs to get on AIM so Hiro can IM him.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Banned
Zorganite is on a distinguished road
these things always occur when im drunk

i sent you a pm or whatever or somethhjmn
Old 04-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Send me a forum private message with his AOL Instant Messenger screen name, I have a private list.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Millenium Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Send me a forum private message with his AOL Instant Messenger screen name, I have a private list.
Done.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
I played Doomsday from day 1, and we all know that Tifa's doomsday was not the original doomsday. Ever since Haven was released it wasn't original doomsday anymore.

The only recurring theme with Doomsday is the name. There has never been anything particularly unique or amazing about the levels that I can remember.

So why do people constantly try to revive it? I could care less about the levels being re-used, as a doomsday player with nostalgia, but I do care about the namesake staying alive. Doomsday was a great world. I don't want to have people saying "Doomsday was great... until the end when those other guys did things"... etc.

Now, as a PWA, I consider it bad policy for Graal to override the policy we make the players follow without having a considerably large benefit to gain by reviving this world. I fail to see why Graal should override Tifa on the issue of revival rights. To what end would that help us reach?

What is so special about the old Doomsday levels that the idea cannot be recreated under a different name with the new scripting engine and no "restoration" work to be done?

Or is this all about the name?

Old 04-15-2006, 11:57 PM
I Fight Bears
I think its become an argument of rights and morals. Generally, it seems that previous managers are given the rights to a playerworld with the expectation that they hopefully will listen to their community, atleast a little bit. Tifa has taken control of Doomsday in such a way that the outcry from its community means absolutely nothing to her. Doomsday was going to be revived simply because a really large number of its former population wanted it to be.

Houdini, I know you played since day one, so did I. The Doomsday overworld changed atleast 3 times, the final one being partly my work. All of the different overworlds were important to me and each change came with controversy. That controversy, and that importance simply makes the DD memory stronger, and does not detract from its revival in the least in my opinion.

I've never been a huge fan of PW revivals in general, but if a project is actually being successful, then I see no reason why it can't move ahead. My biggest problem here is that Tifa decided to shut down this project again for the wrong reasons. She continually gets people's hopes up and then crushes them again. She turns on friendship in the very instant that you disagree with her (trust me, I know). I just feel like our success was pulled away from us for bad reasoning. The people who wanted DD back, which is a large number, got ripped off, and maybe its time that we finally decide if Tifa should get what she wants, or if we should maybe fight for what we want.
Robert Frost
Old 04-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Doomsday indeed. I played it for a short time and never liked it.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Banned
Zorganite is on a distinguished road
Houdini, you don't understand. I don't care how many years you've played Graal or what server you've been on from day 1. If you don'y know why we want the server back, then I highly doubt you ever will. It's not just the server - it was the feeling that made me want to play Graal that I want back, and Doomsday is about 70% of that. The only reason I still go on is the other 30%, and if theres a way to gain back the other part, then I will do whatever it takes to get it back. Realistically that is.

It's hard to explain, but a good reason is something Tifa said to me when she was removing my RC and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifaKhan
Doomsday is dead. You are not getting it back, ever. Let it die. We all know that a Doomsday without me is not Doomsday at all. So leave it be, and go away. Let us rest in peace.
(Now we need her to come and tell us she never said that. )
Old 04-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
I played Doomsday from day 1, and we all know that Tifa's doomsday was not the original doomsday. Ever since Haven was released it wasn't original doomsday anymore.

The only recurring theme with Doomsday is the name. There has never been anything particularly unique or amazing about the levels that I can remember.

So why do people constantly try to revive it? I could care less about the levels being re-used, as a doomsday player with nostalgia, but I do care about the namesake staying alive. Doomsday was a great world. I don't want to have people saying "Doomsday was great... until the end when those other guys did things"... etc.

Now, as a PWA, I consider it bad policy for Graal to override the policy we make the players follow without having a considerably large benefit to gain by reviving this world. I fail to see why Graal should override Tifa on the issue of revival rights. To what end would that help us reach?

What is so special about the old Doomsday levels that the idea cannot be recreated under a different name with the new scripting engine and no "restoration" work to be done?

Or is this all about the name?
I remember you as a GP cadet there.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Doomsday was the server I played to get away from my work on N-Pulse
I loved it, and would love to see it come back.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST