Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
S-TAB using a hack?

Hi i would like to know if the S-TAB function is a hack or not?
on a server called Graal Legacy i was kicked off the server with the reason of using a illegal program.
When i came on again i was accused of using a auto clicker or something by Darknations_Staff (Mid chill)
as much as i convinced him that i was using the S-Tab function which has been around forever (it makes you swing fast...using S once then keep tab pressed). in graal legacy you need to slash barrels a 1000 times to get 250rupees.
So i was just smart enough to use the S-Tab function.
he then went crying bout me using a hack and that it wasnt possible to use the S-tab function. Till he saw it with his own eyes, and used it himself.

He then changed the whole subject to Glitch using (to not make him look stupid in others eyes, because there were 3 others in the room). He kept on trying to blame me on something, while i used a normal graal function.

So question: is it a glitch or a hack? or is it normal.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
It's really just glitch abuse.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
As above, it is just glitch abuse.

I mean it is at the servers liking to disable this function, the resident scripter should easily be able to disable this function as many other worlds have, therefore, it can be jail-able if used, but a script which stops the use of it is still at the discretion of the server staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
But it wasn't disabled and thereby wasn't glitch abuse. I too have seen other servers with it disabled. If they wanted so badly they could have just disabled it right from the start. Its unfair that the original poster didn't know till after the fact.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:51 PM
The Flying Dutchmen
DutchGuy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i was warned for glitch abuse, because at the time the gp chief just changed the fact from using hackign tools to glitch abuse.
while instead he should be happy for me pointing out i used the s-tab function.
he used it aswell. Therefor i shouldnt be warned for glitch abuse.
as a gp chiefs job is to aware the whole server for not glitch abusing with the s-tab function, the fact he didnt do this makes me think its not glitch abusing as he left the case as it is. he didnt mass the server saying the S-TAB function is a glitch and jailable.

as the scripter didnt disable this function. It should be free to use as long as it is possible.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Blank
Kirble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kirble
Ahh yes, well, if you did get jailed or banned for this it would be an idea to look for the server rules...

Oh wait, I was told yesterday "They aren't up yet.", So in this case, the Graal Code of Conduct does not state that using a Tab + S function in order to swing a sword faster is an accountable glitch, otherwise it would have been eliminated in the Graal version, right?

Wrong, it states that any use of a glitch which gains any sort of advantage over another player is considered "glitch abuse", now don't quote me on this as I'm pulling this from memory, but it would still have been stated in the Graal Code of Conduct that using a glitch is against the rules, hence the server did have the right to jail you, even though they didn't disable the function.

Please, someone correct me if the above isn't stated in any way in the Graal Code of Conduct, I do not guarantee that I am 100% right.

Quote:
It's a circle and we're just at a bad angle.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:04 PM
dot dot dot
Blitz_Hunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blitz_Hunter
Abusing a glitch I guess, not really a hack.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:15 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz_Hunter View Post
Abusing a glitch I guess, not really a hack.
It's a glitch he's using a bug in the Graal Client for an advantage over other players.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
dot dot dot
Blitz_Hunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blitz_Hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
It's a glitch he's using a bug in the Graal Client for an advantage over other players.
Yes, but it's not a hack. He asked if it was a glitch or a hack, or just normal.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I'd say it's glitch abuse. If they choose not to fix it and instead punish those who abuse it, that's their decision. It might be more work to try to moderate the abuse of it rather than fixing it, but again, that's their decision.

I rule I've generally learned over the past years of playing games online.
If it's too good to be true, it probably is. So don't do it.

Also, I think it should be servers choice to say what's a glitch abuse and what's not. After all, each server has their own scripts and thus their own personal script has its own potential to be abused in some way that they must keep track of.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Y HACK? caps
Old 09-28-2007, 12:27 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
he used it aswell.
I'd contact the manager about that GP Chief anyways, that wouldn't be the only time he's broken a rule with someone and punished the other guys
Old 09-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I'd contact the manager about that GP Chief anyways, that wouldn't be the only time he's broken a rule with someone and punished the other guys
That sounds more like he used it just to see that it actually works.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Rediculously inactive
Horrified is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Horrified Send a message via AIM to Horrified Send a message via MSN to Horrified Send a message via Yahoo to Horrified
Glitches like these should be disabled already, though. I doubt Stefan doesn't know about this.

But yeah, it's just a Glitch. If it was a hack, you wouldn't be running only Graal4.exe to have it.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:22 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I'd say we've ironed out the fact that its a glitch and if you continue to use it that is abuse, so I have no sympathy if you get jailed or banned.

Trying to justify using a glitch with technicalities is sad.