Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-20-2006, 07:11 PM
BahamutZeroX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TifaKhan
Quote zell12: I love to see some people have not lost all intrest in Mithica. I would of kept it open, however with the bs about buying servers, and the 10 thousand manager changes, I felt I'd rather let it retire as a great server, then die as a crap one.
DD has hardly even gone through that many Managers since it was brought back up What, three? And isn't that what all Owners take the risk of? It's something that can never be avoided, even in the most successful servers...You can't live on the idea that DD will go to **** if it is being run by the wrong person, then not put it up just because you think that.

If all Owners thought that for their server, then Graal would go nowhere. Just because it happened to one server doesn't mean it'll happen for another. It's a game, it's not a crucial life decision, all hell isn't going to freeze over just because there might be someone down the road that isn't a good Manager.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
I know this thread isnt about Mithica, but I think Excal should have kept it open, it was pretty BS the day I logged on after getting back from losing my internet then it was gone.

I would have arugued to the ends of the earth but it was pretty usless.

I know how the DD people feel in that respect.

Same with EL but it wasnt really anyones choice but Stefans that we get put off the list.

No sense in fighting for mithica since i think didnt Kerin or someone buy a server for it? Which made it suck worse then before? (New tilsets? Extra Garbage?).

Oh well, All the managers of the great servers make the same mistake (Shut it down in what their eyes is a "Great" server, instead of giving it to someone so it will stay alive as a great server).
Old 04-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Banned
-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light-Ching is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to -Ching
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I hope she doesn't sue.
Hahahaha. I think she isnt that stupid, I mean what sort of daft person would want to waste their time doing that?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:39 PM
A relic of the past
TifaKhan is on a distinguished road
Ok because i'm to lazy to do all the quote quote stuff, have to go to work shortly.

Cid in my world calling someone a psycho is considered an insult.

The second time i mentioned people laughing at haha yes i hope Tifa is dead was before i addressed you.

Yes i have allready asked someone if they would be interested and they laughed and said no, so your right, not everyone is power hungry.

Ultima the whole thread wasn't about people thinking i was closing it down for good. It was about someone who thought they could take control of my server.

I don't think i stopped considering it going back, after all that's why i did in the first place because Davio wanted to revive it. But then after he left it sat there empty again. I just simply haven't found anyone i trust yet.

Why continue to go through all this legal/illegal bull as you say? Because people like to try go against the rules. I like rules, they keep us safe.

Blitz why can't it come back? It is back, scroll down on RC. I just don't have anyone i trust to run it since Davio left.

HoudiniMan thank you. I'll be in touch as i have further questions yet about playerworlds, and i'm not sure where to look for the answers.

Ultima if this was the plan the entire time why did someone try to do it the wrong way instead of the right way. Could have been handled a lot better by said person contacting me personally.

Thallen thank you but something tells me considering how this comes up every few months, even if i find someone i trust to try revive Doomsday, this is still going to happen. People like saying i suck.

Chris 0.0 I'm confused, sue for what? I handled everything through the service desk and HoudiniMan settled it all for me.

Cid 0.O The last few threads about Doomsday is everyone arguing with me. Bringing up the same arguements that i have to give the same defences to only to be insulted for doing so.

Yes i did notice how many wanted Doomsday back vs Mithica, i even showed Malinko the results of my survey, here you go.

oldbravo+1+1+1
doomsday+1+1+1+1+1
OldGraal2001+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
Graal the Adventure.+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
Graal 3000 +1+1+1
Elven Lands+1+1+1+1
Enigma+1
Damasca+1
Mithica +1+1+1+1
Andor+1+1+1
Dino Valley +1+1+1+1
Xone+1+1+1+1+1+1
Providence+1+1+1+1
Sanstrata+1
Archaic+1
Rudora.+1+1
Faheria+1+1+1
Codename Element+1
Era original+1+1+1
Cynical+1
Graal 2000+1
Frolic+1

Mithica had one less than Doomsday and Malinko himself even voted for Mythica, and as i pointed out don't you think there are a lot of servers that the present active Graalians would like back more so than Doomsday? The thread was held this year, so its very current.
<3 Moonie, i always loved talking to her.

Ultima i agree you are right (gasp i do that some times-agree with people) Doomsday didn't go through as many Managers, and yes its a risk we take, i was simply pointing out that with zell, that is exactly how i have felt since i first had to close DD down, except nobody made zell a punching bag for it, yet they did me.

Andy I remember Mithica, i actually liked it to. What happened to you was pretty bad to. I feel for you.

Time i wasn't here.

You have so much potential in your life, take this chance to enjoy your last few months on Doomsday, but then move on.

I know you're attached to Graal, but this latest thing should be too much even for you. As a past owner of Doomsday, I believe I express the wishes of everyone who has ever owned Doomsday in saying what I have said.

By the way, you should be Knighted for services to Doomsday. You've done more than the rest of us Owners ever did.

Baraka Khan
Old 04-21-2006, 12:28 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
I don't recall calling you 'psycho'. All I did was disagree with your decision. But as you noted, alot of people would like to see DD back, it was pretty much the most wanted back server that wasn't considered a "main" server like graal2001 or Graal the Adventure. All I'm saying is consider that in your decision on what to do with such precious cargo as the server we all loved.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Millenium Owner
Omini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
Tifa, am I right in believing you find it difficult to trust people?

I'm pretty sure you don't trust me, and I'm also pretty sure you don't like me very much.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Let me define what I meant by when I said this whole thread was about people assuming you weren't going to let DD stay up.

It was crystal clear on Hiro's forums that you wanted DD to be no more after Hiro was fired, with no exceptions what so ever. You simply closed off the issue, and left everyone thinking that it was over. You said NOTHING about another possible Manager 2 months ago. If you had left the door open to another Manager then, this thread would cease to exist, so please correct yourself when you said you have "always" considered another Manager.

I know it doesn't make a difference anymore now that people know you will allow another Manager to take a go at it, but my point is that people are trying to take the server without your consent because they think there's no other way from what went down a couple months ago. So before you start yelling at people by saying they should have done it the "right" way, you should consider what impression you left for everyone when you had stated DD was over with.

If you don't believe me, ask everyone here if they knew you would have accepted another Manager after you fired Hiro. If they say yes, I apologize and it was my mistake, but if they say no, then half of this is your fault and shouldn't be so hard on the people that were led to believe something different that you had in mind.

Last edited by BahamutZeroX; 04-21-2006 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-21-2006, 10:15 AM
A relic of the past
This discussion is still going? 0.o I thought i'd covered everything for the last time.

I"m really tired of this whole defending what i've said and done against the same things you all say and do. So here is my reply for what i hope is the last time.

Cid : Yes you did call me a psycho.
DD may have been the most wanted server once, but according to that survey it's not now.

Omini : I would never loan out my DS or my favourite game to someone i didn't trust, would you?
I remember you from DD, i don't believe i have had any contact with you since until now when you tell me to leave Hiro alone when he is the one that won't leave me alone.
Do i trust you? I honestly don't know, i have to get to know people to trust them. Do i like you? I don't hate you, i liked you on DD but again i've had no contact since, you could be the new Jack the Ripper for all i know :P. I like to get to know people.

Ultima : The problem with Hiro's forums is it went from my finding them and finding threads like 'I hope Tifa is dead' and so on, curse my bad memory but i know there was so much more because Dusty and i went back and forth defending from the attacks against me. Yes i closed off the issue after i removed Hiro, who in their right mind would say anything after Hiro began his tirade against me once again. It didn't take him long to put up his little zomglol webpage thingy about me did it. Did you laugh at it? Did you like it? Or did you tell him it was tasteless and childish because it was.

I explained to Hiro why i removed his level rights, but instead of accepting it he is the one that went psycho. I even said that i understood he had no way of knowing at the time why i did it, but he straight away ran to his forums and did what? Bashed me. He didn't wait for any explanations, he did what he always does and you all supported him and still do.

I had nobody around at the time to ask if they wanted to revive Doomsday. Davio was long gone, UP found life without internet. And everyone else i knew, well, were on Hiro's forums.

No offence but when you say i said nothing about another possible Manager 2 months ago, it really is none of your business. I'm not going to tell you about my plans or my life because your friends with Hiro and i want nothing to do with someone like him.

Look at the beginnings of this thread, HIro needs to get on aim, Hiro needs to see this. This is exactly my point.

Hiro does not need to know anything. I am not going to tell him or you my plans now or in the next 40 years.

People are trying to take my server without my consent because they think there's no other way? Wrong Ultima. Malinko is a PWA, he knows the rules, you know the rules, we all know the rules, right? There are ways, and as i said, things could have been so much different if i had been asked in the first place. If i left the wrong impression, so what? That doesn't give a PWA the right to break the rules.

Your probably right, everyone probably did think i had no intention of ever letting DD come back. But again, why is that any of your business what i am planning? I'm not going to tell you now or ever. Your all faithful to Hiro and my business will remain mine.

I have asked someone, i'm going to ask a few more people i trust, and if they all say no this is the end of it. I'm sorry but that's how it goes. Not because i'm selfish because to be honest? I hate this burden. I didn't ask to be the last Owner/Manager but i was and i love Doomsday to much to see it fall into Hiro's hands. I would rather it stayed dead and remembered as a legendary old server than one Hiro turned into a crap server.

Can we please end this now? I really can't imagine what else there is to discuss.

You have so much potential in your life, take this chance to enjoy your last few months on Doomsday, but then move on.

I know you're attached to Graal, but this latest thing should be too much even for you. As a past owner of Doomsday, I believe I express the wishes of everyone who has ever owned Doomsday in saying what I have said.

By the way, you should be Knighted for services to Doomsday. You've done more than the rest of us Owners ever did.

Baraka Khan
Old 04-21-2006, 02:33 PM
dot dot dot
Blitz_Hunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blitz_Hunter
if they really wanted to they could use it >=D
Old 04-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Millenium Owner
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
Quote:
Omini : I would never loan out my DS or my favourite game to someone i didn't trust, would you?
I remember you from DD, i don't believe i have had any contact with you since until now when you tell me to leave Hiro alone when he is the one that won't leave me alone.
Do i trust you? I honestly don't know, i have to get to know people to trust them. Do i like you? I don't hate you, i liked you on DD but again i've had no contact since, you could be the new Jack the Ripper for all i know :P. I like to get to know people.
Now that part I am forced to laugh at in disbelief.

Unless someone was posing as you with Agret.

4 or 5 years ago - I believe you and Agret wanted to revive DoomsDay and were asking around for donations, you asked me - and I offered you a server with 1 (or 2, depending on how you look at it) condition which was that I was Owner and my current Co-Owner stayed as the Co-Owner, and you're reply was something along the lines of "No, we don't want you to have any power".

If you're looking for someone to manage DoomsDay - someone you trust, then I believe that's never going to happen. Personally because I believe that you pretty much don't trust anyone, which is fair enough - this is the internet we're talking about here, but I can't see you trusting anyone enough with management of DoomsDay.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM
A relic of the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz_Hunter
if they really wanted to they could use it >=D
Of course they could, they could buy a server tomorrow and stick DD levels on it, but there's one difference. It would never get to Classic, and it would prove how useless it is. And i would still technically own it which means it would never be theirs. >=D.

Oh i'm so sorry Omini so i have spoken to you in the last 5 years, forgive me for forgetting it. /sarcasm

I think the chances of finding someone i trust who won't give it to Hiro is probably very slim yes, but as long as DD is up and i own it he can't get it. And even when its down, he'll still need my permission, so let the biatching continue by all means. I have a lifetime.

Baraka Khan
Old 04-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Millenium Owner
Quote:
I think the chances of finding someone i trust who won't give it to Hiro is probably very slim yes, but as long as DD is up and i own it he can't get it. And even when its down, he'll still need my permission, so let the biatching continue by all means. I have a lifetime.
Like you're profile quote said at one point, "I plan on living forever. So far so good", heh.

So you just need to trust them to a certain level that you know they wont give it to Hiro? If that makes sense...
Old 04-21-2006, 05:45 PM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Alright, I'm really pretty sick of you accusing me of saying things I didn't say and doing things I didn't do. You have no faith in me because I was a member of Hiro's forums? What a rash generalization. I was a member of those forums because that was where people who were working on the server were, and I was trying to be a source of advice and memory. I'm done with this, Lucy. If you feel so strongly that you need to prove to the world that I'm this terrible person when I've never done a single thing to you (insert "you said I should die" bull**** that I was not ever even close to a part of) then I accept. Enjoy your life. I don't want to see Doomsday on the serverlist if it's just going to be run by a yes man that will do nothing but suck up to you (in other words. Be Your Friend.)
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-21-2006, 08:42 PM
How is it not our business to know if your putting DD down or if your considering another Manager? It is ALL our business, that's a stupid answer. We were the ones who helped the revival attempts, WE wanted it back. It's not your personal life, you simpy can't outcast the public that want to strive and get it back by not telling them ****, then come back and say "well, I WOULD have done something if you talked to me" when you clearly told them something else.

Ok, Hiro bashed you, it was wrong, just don't bring down the people who simply just wanted a server back who didn't insult you one bit. Hiro is my friend, he did good work for DD and get a good job, but it doesn't mean I agree with his insulting after all this mess and it surely doesn't mean that I am trying to make him Manager. We defended him in the past and it's clear that his time is up. If your going to outcast someone, let it be Hiro, not us.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
dot dot dot
Blitz_Hunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blitz_Hunter
Quote:
Of course they could, they could buy a server tomorrow and stick DD levels on it, but there's one difference. It would never get to Classic, and it would prove how useless it is. And i would still technically own it which means it would never be theirs. >=D.
they could ban u from it