Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Millenium Owner
Omini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan
I played Doomsday from day 1, and we all know that Tifa's doomsday was not the original doomsday. Ever since Haven was released it wasn't original doomsday anymore.

The only recurring theme with Doomsday is the name. There has never been anything particularly unique or amazing about the levels that I can remember.

So why do people constantly try to revive it? I could care less about the levels being re-used, as a doomsday player with nostalgia, but I do care about the namesake staying alive. Doomsday was a great world. I don't want to have people saying "Doomsday was great... until the end when those other guys did things"... etc.

Now, as a PWA, I consider it bad policy for Graal to override the policy we make the players follow without having a considerably large benefit to gain by reviving this world. I fail to see why Graal should override Tifa on the issue of revival rights. To what end would that help us reach?

What is so special about the old Doomsday levels that the idea cannot be recreated under a different name with the new scripting engine and no "restoration" work to be done?

Or is this all about the name?
I would only like to see it being called DoomsDay again if it had the old staff and players, like Av, Cid, you, myself, Shadow Darkstar, Ragnarok, Dameion, Shadow Ironblade, Omega, Blade Darkrune, Jenny Darkrune, Dameion, Blitz, Azreil, Tidus, and all the rest - even Baraka. Although most of them can't be brought back since they've appeared to have cut off contact, heh. But if it was brought back with the name DoomsDay, I would have to have at least 6 of those names come back with it.

Also using the name DoomsDay would give the server a popularity boost from the oldbie Graal players.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:02 AM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
I remember at one point, maybe a year and a half ago, some noob owned a server called doomsday, and had noobs staff. And almost everything on the server was stolen.

Or maybe it was another server, but Doomsday seems to ring with that.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 04-16-2006, 06:54 AM
AgretTehLeet is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to AgretTehLeet Send a message via AIM to AgretTehLeet Send a message via MSN to AgretTehLeet Send a message via Yahoo to AgretTehLeet
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omini
I would only like to see it being called DoomsDay again if it had the old staff and players, like Av, Cid, you, myself, Shadow Darkstar, Ragnarok, Dameion, Shadow Ironblade, Omega, Blade Darkrune, Jenny Darkrune, Dameion, Blitz, Azreil, Tidus, and all the rest - even Baraka.
GAHHH NOT LISTING ME!!

(¯`·._¤²°°²Agret²°°²¤_.·´¯)
¸.-~·*'˜¨¯Ï”m_†hê_ôñë_åñd_õñl¥_Åg®ê†¨˜'*·~-.¸
Old 04-16-2006, 06:55 AM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
I worked on Doomsday as a NAT. Ajira worked alongside me, he was head of the department. Reedeemer was an administrator, I believe. Unholy Paladin was either a developer or a NAT, but he and Tifa had a thing going for each other. Either way, Unholy Paladin made some very nice games and some nice npcs. Blitz and Azreil were LATs, but I think Azreil was fired or so. Agret, I believe, was a developer, but he started getting involved with Anti-Graal affairs. Can't really remember anyone else from the top of my head, though. Maybe if I see some names, something will kick in.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I Fight Bears
CidNight1142 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
I remember at one point, maybe a year and a half ago, some noob owned a server called doomsday, and had noobs staff. And almost everything on the server was stolen.

Or maybe it was another server, but Doomsday seems to ring with that.
Ya know, or not. If you want to try and slander something you know nothing about, try Era or something, that seems more popular right now.
A poet never takes notes. You never take notes in a love affair.
Robert Frost
Old 04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Millenium Owner
Omini is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Omini Send a message via MSN to Omini Send a message via Yahoo to Omini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgretTehLeet
GAHHH NOT LISTING ME!!
I was gonna, but I forgot. ^.^
Old 04-16-2006, 08:18 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidNight1142
Ya know, or not. If you want to try and slander something you know nothing about, try Era or something, that seems more popular right now.
I'm not slandering it. Well, yes I slandered that server I suppose in a way, that it was at that time, but I've been on Doomsday many other times, and quite liked it. At most its levels, I suppose.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Banned
Zorganite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreys
I'm not slandering it. Well, yes I slandered that server I suppose in a way, that it was at that time, but I've been on Doomsday many other times, and quite liked it. At most its levels, I suppose.
You've said this before on rivial projects and it was proved that you were talking about another server and not Doomsday. If anything, other servers have stolen off of Doomsday content since it went down, and many people still have some of its levels and NPCs.

If Malinko ever wants to IM me about this, since I believe Cid and Omini have both given him my AIM, I would be glad to talk this over with him.

Might as well make it public:

The staff were:

TifaKhan: Paid for the server and stuff
Hiro: Did everything
UnholyPaladin: Made a game or something
Cid: Helped hiro run forums
Boston: Helped Hiro run forums and was gonna be asst GP Cheif or something
Ultima: GP Stuff
Omini: Helped with levels and stuff
Wyrven: Made Tifa mad and did levels or something

The only one with RC was Tifa, Hiro, and UP. Tifa and UP shared the Admin account, to my knowledge. Everyone else was removed.

Past people who had Rc at one point:

Cujo
Gambet
Houdini
Ajira
Gate

All of these past people were fired for one reason or another.

Last edited by Zorganite; 04-16-2006 at 11:01 PM..
Old 04-16-2006, 10:57 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Thanks for those who contacted me.

It's a big help!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:34 AM
dot dot dot
Blitz_Hunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blitz_Hunter
Id like to see it back, i enjoyed making levels there.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Unholy was working on Doomsday a few months ago, i remeber him showing me some scrolls and such, i was called Dark Angel back in the Tifa age, thats when i first joined :P With icedevil :o

Would be cool if the old players came back, i prefer graal back in the old days so much more
Old 04-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorganite
All of these past people were fired for one reason or another.

Not true, I was never fired, and neither were a lot of the old staff. I was around during Tifa's last days (and ages before she ever decided to quit). She wished for Doomsday to be taken down, and taken down for good. I think it's wrong to bring back the server, as it was before, behind her own will. She was a great manager, and she even upgraded the accounts of her hard working staff if they really needed it. As a former, hard working, staff member, I'd love to see the old DD back and in action, but with all due respect, you'd have to be quite an evil person to go behind the will of one of the greatest managers ever known on graal and resurrect the server that she struggled to create into a dynasty, without her consent.

EDIT: I had the same account as I do today when I worked on Doomsday, but I went by the nickname SkyBlazer, with the popular family name at the time, Rain.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned
Zorganite is on a distinguished road
Gambet, I know who you are. Your an idiot, and you were fired.

And if you seriously think Tifa was one of the greatest manager of all time, then you are stupid. She closed down the server because she wants Doomsday to only be hers, and she never listened to the community of Doomsday on it - she simply closed it because "a Doomsday without Tifa isn't Doomsday at all"

If that makes someone the best manager in Graal history, then something is seriously wrong here.

She didn't create a dynasty, she closed it down. All she really did, was have people make a new overworld, which anyone could have done if they have any leadership skills.

If bringing back a server makes people like me evil, then fine, I'm evil in your opinion. I want it back for the community, not for Tifa.

But this isn't about Tifa, so lets stay on topic and await Malinkos findings and happenings when dealing with the server.

Reply to Gambet again:

You were fired when she re-put up the server. I was there when she removed you, and that was after you put that stupid timer on the train station, and abused a buncha **** she gave you.

As for your belifs, you sound stupid because your supporting something many people have already proven to be wrong. I don't feel I need to put an example or metaphor to show why.

And yes I know why she shut down the server, because I was apart of the reason, and you clearly only have the paranoia narrow-view conception of it. The main people who got the server shut down, whether on purpose or on accident, was Warrlord, myself, Xero, Azreil, and dusty, thought i might be forgetting a few people who were doing things by themselves. the problem, since you obviously don't seem to know all of it, was that a new mine level was being put in, and tifa felt she was doing all the work on it, when she wasn't do anything. People told her she wasn't doing anything, mainly Warrlord who was scripting everything, so she fired him. I then came to his defense and got IP banned again. I then kept up the raids on her because it was stupid to ban me for the reasons she put. This lead to a downward spiral, and to what you call "staff giving up" which is partly true - no one did anything because of Tifa. so instead of quitting as manager, which is pretty much what everyone except Dusty wanted her to do, and was expecting her to do, she instead shut down the server on selfish deisres to keep the server for herself.

As for the whole "Team without Tifa isn't a team" this shows me that you are in the same boat as Tifa, where she believes a Doomsday without her isn't Doomsday at all. this is false - all projects to get the server back up have not been seen through because of Tifa. Because she keeps shutting things down, rather than passing them on. It is ludacris to believe that Doomsday cannot survive without Tifa, and if I am correct, it did so in the pass quite well.

She is not the reason for the high number of players on the list. That was the community, which she did not run at all. She was a small part of a little group inside the community, not the basis for it, which is what she thinks, and what you think, and dusty apperently. If myself and others had kept going at the rate of which we were going, the server would be up by now, and we would be pushing for inspection. And believe me, we would have kept going. The forums we were running had more than enough visiters and community to backup anything we did, for bad or for good.

As for who I am, I won't say. You don't deserve to know.

Last edited by Zorganite; 04-17-2006 at 09:25 PM..
Old 04-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Graal2001 Administration
contiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to contiga Send a message via AIM to contiga Send a message via MSN to contiga Send a message via Yahoo to contiga
For a stafflist of doomsday, logon and warpto: halloffame3.nw, there are some statues there
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
I am also awake 3AM to help correct problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomy Island RC people
Daniel: HoudiniMan is a bad guy =p
*Bell: rofl. I first read that as houdini is a bad man. like the little kid that wants his mommy to keep her away from that boogie man
Daniel: xD
*Rufus: I wouldn't want my kids around him.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Gambet, I know who you are. Your an idiot, and you were fired.
Trust me, I know which servers I've been fired from, and DD isn't one of them . You clearly don't know me.

BTW: Who are you?

Don't go around throwing blatant comments such as this one when you don't know what you're talking about. I have no shame in admitting whether or not I've been fired on a server or not, and I was definitely not fired on Doomsday. I was around for quite some time, and I recall bits and pieces of the final days while on RC.

Quote:
And if you seriously think Tifa was one of the greatest manager of all time, then you are stupid. She closed down the server because she wants Doomsday to only be hers, and she never listened to the community of Doomsday on it - she simply closed it because "a Doomsday without Tifa isn't Doomsday at all"
If you think that, then you didn't know Tifa.

And why don't you go and pick up a book while you're at it and learn a bit, will ya? Just because my opinions on a topic are not the same as yours does not make me stupid. You sound stupid for insulting someone based on their beliefs. I knew Tifa on a more personal level, and I thought she did a splendid job as manager. I don't expect others to have the same opinion, and neither will I insult anyone else for thinking otherwise.

Quote:
She didn't create a dynasty, she closed it down. All she really did, was have people make a new overworld, which anyone could have done if they have any leadership skills.

If bringing back a server makes people like me evil, then fine, I'm evil in your opinion. I want it back for the community, not for Tifa.

But this isn't about Tifa, so lets stay on topic and await Malinkos findings and happenings when dealing with the server.

Doomsday was one of the many servers of which you could find the content inside located in many of the, former, Graal sites containing ZIP files of the entire server. Finding the content of the server should not be hard, as I'm sure a lot of Graalians have/have had Doomsday files on their computers (I only had the files that I worked on, but I got rid of all of that when DD went down, so I don't have any files to give to anyone).

You clearly do not know what was going on at the time. Tifa closed down DD because her staff were suddenly giving up on her. The contents of the whole situation are a bit vague to me, but I can remember bits and pieces. Tifa seemed to, herself, have lost interest in DD, and with the quitting rate of her staff, she had no other choice but to shut it down. Was it selfish of her to close it down and not pass it on to anyone else? Well, maybe, but one thing that's for sure is that Doomsday will never be the same without a staff team like the one it had before, and that would include Tifa. This statement has been proven by the post attempts, or rather faliures, at resurrecting Doomsday.

Expressing ones knowledge on a subject is useless if one does not speak with their minds.

Last edited by Gambet; 04-17-2006 at 09:20 PM..