Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Wiki Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 02:43 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
You think you are god of grawl. zomglol
Old 03-15-2009, 03:03 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
If you have problems with my moderation forum PM me. You always say I make a rule against abbreviation, however I made a rule and it was removed. Darlene initially approved all of those rules, but it was only after you all made an uproar it was removed. It was made because some users were using abbreviations to attack others while some users were acting usually abbreviations for logical purposes. Basically, I had a basis for my actions.
actually, i was reading our pm history about that rule, and you were being arrogant. i had good points, and you had arrogant points. you were making up a completely different meaning for 'QFT'.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
actually, i was reading our pm history about that rule, and you were being arrogant. i had good points, and you had arrogant points. you were making up a completely different meaning for 'QFT'.
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Daniel
Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Dan
Come on, people! Someone here is trying to help Graal and bring up some more news... if you do not like this person, okay, so what? But why make it so hard for him that he has to defend himself every single minute? We should respect people who are trying to help, nobody is making an application in public to turn it into a discussion like this.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
if you don't know what QFT means then you need to get off of the internet
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 AM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooper200000 View Post
People who have problems with me have addressed their problems
Yeah, but have you actually listened to these problems? Apparently not (from what I'm reading). Listening is a good skill to have for this job, you know...
Quote:
but just as they have addressed their problems, I believe those same people would read the news.
I'm sure they would have to read it if it was pasted in front of their faces every minute they're in game. Willfully? Doubtful.
Quote:
Those people would look for errors they would not find, because I do a good job.
Your arrogance is silly. Good writers make mistakes. Bad writers refuse to see these mistakes.
Quote:
If people didn't care or think I don't have the potential to be able to perform the position, they would have stated their point once and would have left it at that. Those viewing the applications could then take their points into consideration. However some people find it necessary to continually reply and they continually reply because they know that there is another side, the correct side, that I am presenting.
Your self-delusion only widens the gaping fallacy of your argument. Your opinion is, at least, subjective. Let's look at it this way - if your side was correct then would most of the people in this thread be arguing with you? "You're wrong because I'm right" isn't going to cut it. You have to present reason. Assuming that the everyone else in here is stupid isn't helping
Quote:
If it isn't because they know I'm providing the correct analysis, why would it be necessary for anyone to remake their points multiple times?
Read what I said above. Think really hard. Repeat, if necessary
Quote:
Ah I would like to point this out as well. You seem to have the impression that if you are disliked people will not read the news. Would the same hold true for this application?
This is a forum. People are going to say what they want irregardless of wether or not they like you
Quote:
It currently has the most views of any of the applications (883) and if people didn't like me, why would they find it necessary to view and reply to the posts in this thread? Even if people don't like me, it is apparent that they care if I have the position because they have viewed this thread.
This is a forum. If threads on here have any considerable amount of activity to them people are going to flock to them like moths to a lamp. The majority of posts that I'm seeing here are replies to your arguments. If you've been here for a while you'd know that this is nothing special in this forum.
You're not really listening to what I'm saying anyways so I'll make this short- Why am I going to read your news if I don't like you? Simple: I'm not going to read your news if I don't trust you. Slander, bias, sources, etc. Can I take your word? Prove to me that I can trust you when you've proven to be two-faced.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Uh, I have seen that used many, many times meaning something besides "quoted for truth"(not sure of the meaning on the forums)
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions when he suggested the abbreviation rule, and I perfectly understand why he suggested it, even though it is not applied. You can't tell in what way someone is meaning "QFT" when they use it.
I'm pretty sure that quote for truth is all that it means on forums

Quote:
I didn't feel that bad abbreviations were used enough on the forums to make a rule against them in the end.
Wow what

Quote:
At any rate, Supernanny had good intentions
Everyone has pretty good intentions, that doesn't mean it's not stupid.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:12 AM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
i have never seen 'qft' used for anything other than 'quoted for truth'.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 AM
o_O
Deeek will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Wow, really? So basically this rule was invented out of ignorance?

Hey, let's make a new rule: "Ban everything that Supernanny doesn't know about because he is ignorant and ignorance is not cool "
Old 03-15-2009, 05:11 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Why is QFT singled out? There are plenty of other acronyms used that can be interpreted in different and inappropriate ways.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Most of you are blowing this way out of proportion, if you have a problem with how he moderates complain to Darlene or him through a forum pm.
Also I believe the abbreviation rule should only apply to certain abbreviations which could have a double meaning or contain inappropriate content but ones such as brb, afk, gtg, ttul and so on should be fine since they simply mean be right back, away from keyboard, got to go and talk to you later.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
So let me get this straight, this guy (and some of you) want to decide what people can and cannot abbreviate? If people want to abbreviate who cares, get a life.

@pooper

If your to do a good job reporting news then you have to be able to get staff to fully cooperate and be willing to help you get the story.
Therefore you have to BE LIKED. Its got everything to do with doing the job properly. You cant force news out of people if they dont want to help you.

Also your whole application is very pretenious

It would seem that your role now is more then enough for you.

Last edited by thesmoothcriminal; 03-15-2009 at 06:03 AM..
Old 03-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Zvarri!
TESTRETIS has a spectacular aura about
Debating if I should laugh, cry, or just quit Graal already.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:15 AM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmoothcriminal View Post
Therefore you have to BE LIKED.
Not to go off topic much, but there's plenty of globals that i'm sure not everyone likes, for one reason or another. That won't change. I wouldn't say it's necessary to 'BE LIKED', but it would help make ones job easier and less stressful. As long as he/she doesn't have the reputation of Malinko, i can't imagine being liked being a requirement for this position.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Not to go off topic much, but there's plenty of globals that i'm sure not everyone likes, for one reason or another. That won't change. I wouldn't say it's necessary to 'BE LIKED', but it would help make ones job easier and less stressful. As long as he/she doesn't have the reputation of Malinko, i can't imagine being liked being a requirement for this position.
Right but therefore he is not the ideal candidate for the position. Particularly if others are going to have an easier time doing it (not to mention his other responsibilities).

Tags
global news team, graal bible, graal news