Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 07:53 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Change bush items

I would like to see the default bush and baddy items changed. Currently, only rupee drops work on the gmap because only the rupees are classes. I request an additional server default class which would represent bombs, arrows and hearts.
Pwease?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
My suggestion for the engine would be to add a server option that defines callback functions in the Control-NPC that gets called for baddy deaths and removing vases and bushes and whatever in the level boards.

I cannot see a simple way to have a script detect when the board gets changed in such a way, and replacing all tile-based bushes with NPCs does not seem optimal either (while it sure might make sense for baddies). The Control-NPC seems like the right place to put this since changes to the board are pretty independent of any particularly player that might be involved. If that is too many Control-NPC triggers or something, another server option could define a probability for it to happen.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I would like to see the default bush and baddy items changed. Currently, only rupee drops work on the gmap because only the rupees are classes. I request an additional server default class which would represent bombs, arrows and hearts.
Pwease?
Would be an awesome improvement.
Currently the only way to do so is to script your own baddies, meaning your own hit detection etc.
Which is pretty *** oO
Old 04-25-2009, 07:10 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
I cannot see a simple way to have a script detect when the board gets changed in such a way, and replacing all tile-based bushes with NPCs does not seem optimal either (while it sure might make sense for baddies).
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=73784

Could simply change the tiles and the tileset around a bit so the classic sword system wouldn't interfere.

I mostly agree with you, though.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
While "**** it, just rewrite the whole thing" is somewhat of a default approach, I figured it would not qualify as "simple". <:]
Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
i thought this thread said george bush items
Old 06-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I've updated the npcserver on Atlantis for this:
New server option: itemdropevents=true
The control npc will get the event onItemDrop(level, x, y, itemname), so you can place your own objects in the levels. It would be good if someone could test it.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Works Great improvement, thanks! Think it might be possible to change the list of available items and their drop rates in the future? Also, an additional argument stating if the item was dropped by the server or by the player would be great.