FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Noctorious is hiring a new manager!

Hello Graalians!

I hope most of you remember Noctorious, From the Beta test we held a couple of weeks ago.
For multiple reasons the staff team was reduced to nothing and we are looking forward to hire a new staff team.

Right now, we are currently looking for a manager, one to reorganize Noctorious and assemble a new staff team.
We are looking for a serious and professional person who wants to take over the Manager position, development experience is preferred although not required. management experience, a most.

You will have a very complete server which only needs some finishing touches to move on. We currently have most systems done, although re-scripting of some will be required. A complete and beautiful tileset along with several hundreds of images of all sorts both props and item graphics such as guns. Most GANIs that will be required are made. The gmap along with most inside levels are mostly done.

The development Idea has been defined but, can be discussed to further modify it into something the new manager feels like working on.

-------
To apply we would like you to fill a very basic application.

Account/Community Name:
Nickname:

Questions.
1. What's your development experience(If applicable what kind of development position are you most experienced with)?

2. Where have you worked in the past(People for whom you worked for, such as server managers ect. will serve as references for us please provide some if possible.)?

3. Why would you like to be the Manager of Noctorious?

4. Is there anything else we should know about you? anything we should consider?

We will check your ban record plus, talk with any person we can use as your reference.
You can post your application in this thread, Or forum pm it to DuBsTeRmAn
Old 07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
if i were to apply, and i was to become to manager, and i was to get a team together: could i change the entire focus of the server?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Noctorious' NeoHunter
Seich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Seich Send a message via Yahoo to Seich
yes, we are open to discuss the focus of the server and make necessary changes.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Professional Programmer
Paradoxical is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Paradoxical Send a message via MSN to Paradoxical
1) Scripter, you know me well enough to judge the skill level there for yourself.

2) All the classic servers, both of the gold servers, and every hosted server there's ever been. I've gone by a couple accounts in that time...warmaster70229, wargal70, ZachTrant, etc...

3) I'd like to help you out since you're obviously a little unmotivated, but would still like to see your server go somewhere Ceo.

4) It's Zaaaaaach :3

"In the middle of difficulty, lies oppertunity."
-Albert Einstein
Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 AM
Pelikano has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
1) Scripter, you know me well enough to judge the skill level there for yourself.

2) All the classic servers, both of the gold servers, and every hosted server there's ever been. I've gone by a couple accounts in that time...warmaster70229, wargal70, ZachTrant, etc...

3) I'd like to help you out since you're obviously a little unmotivated, but would still like to see your server go somewhere Ceo.

4) It's Zaaaaaach :3
Your application sucks hard. And if you get the server, I see dark for it.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
Zach can script but he is too ****y for his skill level, and it's his way or not at all source: I had to fire him on atrius a year ago because of it

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:29 AM
Scripter
Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
Oh, really?
Last time you were staff, you didn't do anything for the server.

We've yet to see the professional programming skills you claim to have.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
1. What's your development experience(If applicable what kind of development position are you most experienced with)?
2. Where have you worked in the past(People for whom you worked for, such as server managers ect. will serve as references for us please provide some if possible.)?

I haven't got huge development experience, I am currently a NAT on Classic, but to be honest I didn't really do any big systems or anything fabolous so far. I can script small stuff and/or edit more complicated scripts, unless they are written really sloppy and are not documented (using comments ftw.) at all.
References:
DC
Thor
Other Classic Staff

Actually my plan was it to create my own server, as you have probably noticed from my Hiring thread. I have even gotten a small team together, a GFX and a LAT (I'd like to bring those over to Noctorious aswell, if I get the position) but why create your own server from scratch, if there's a server to edit/change?

4. Is there anything else we should know about you? anything we should consider?

I'd like to enlighten you on my future plans with Noctorious, in case you give me the Manager position. Some of the major things I'd edit would be the money making, the Fishing and Shoveling are way too easy bottable (believe me, I know what I am talking about ) and the "crate thingy" makes money way too fast. Aswell I'd like to remove the player owned businesses, or atleast lower the profit for the business owner (harder stocking, etc.) so people don't get rich like hell due to owning a business, like in older Era. Parts of the gun system have to be redone aswell, it's just not a good feeling when using a gun... and and and... your server is far from Classic .

We will check your ban record

This will probably be my main problem, my ban record is not clean at all, it's actually very dirty, but oh well, whose is clean these days? Even yours seems to have it's flaws, Name :]
Old 07-29-2009, 01:40 AM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelikano View Post

I haven't got huge development experience, I am currently a NAT on Classic, but to be honest I didn't really do any big systems or anything fabolous so far. I can script small stuff and/or edit more complicated scripts, unless they are written really sloppy and are not documented (using comments ftw.) at all.
References:
DC
Thor
Other Classic Staff

Actually my plan was it to create my own server, as you have probably noticed from my Hiring thread. I have even gotten a small team together, a GFX and a LAT (I'd like to bring those over to Noctorious aswell, if I get the position) but why create your own server from scratch, if there's a server to edit/change?

I'd like to enlighten you on my future plans with Noctorious, in case you give me the Manager position. Some of the major things I'd edit would be the money making, the Fishing and Shoveling are way too easy bottable (believe me, I know what I am talking about ) and the "crate thingy" makes money way too fast. Aswell I'd like to remove the player owned businesses, or atleast lower the profit for the business owner (harder stocking, etc.) so people don't get rich like hell due to owning a business, like in older Era. Parts of the gun system have to be redone aswell, it's just not a good feeling when using a gun... and and and... your server is far from Classic .

We will check your ban record

This will probably be my main problem, my ban record is not clean at all, it's actually very dirty, but oh well, whose is clean these days? Even yours seems to have it's flaws, Name :]
I seriously wouldn't consider Pelikano as a manager. I hold a grudge against him, BUT, that is not the reason. If he holds a grudge against anyone, he can and will make their "in-game" life horrible. The fact that he photo-shopped a picture of TheJames to get him fired from ET and has done other horrible things.

BUT, that is my opinion. Im saying is, give it some thought before considering Sam as a Manager. All im saying is, if he is picked, keep an eye on him. He has a good application, and that is my honest opinion on him.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scary_Sock View Post
I seriously wouldn't consider Pelikano as a manager. I hold a grudge against him, BUT, that is not the reason. If he holds a grudge against anyone, he can and will make their "in-game" life horrible. The fact that he photo-shopped a picture of TheJames to get him fired from ET and has done other horrible things.

BUT, that is my opinion. Im saying is, give it some thought before considering Sam as a Manager. All im saying is, if he is picked, keep an eye on him. He has a good application, and that is my honest opinion on him.
Yeah and I also hacked the Graal Servers in Paris and changed the Era-Logs.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you just manage the server yourself dubster?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Arch_Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Arch_Angel
Thats what I'm sayin..
Old 07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Scripter
Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
That's because he can't do anything himself and when you work for his server, he'll just ruin everything you and the staff team worked hard for.

What a waste of time.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Your application is pretty good Sam
Old 07-29-2009, 04:54 PM
anubis_wing will become famous soon enough
Oh, you should make me Manager, I've been Graphics on a bucha servers. I have no management experience but good leadership skills. I hope you hire me