Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Gangs

Gangs are currently dying due to a lack of focus on them, either that or a lack of ability. Meaning, the administration either doesn't want to fix them, or they do not know how to; can't fix them. I'd have my bet on the second one.

Thats just how I look at though, aside from that; I'm interested as to know what everyone's opinions are about the current state of Gangs. Also, be kind enough to include reasons behind your statements. As well as, what you all think should be done.

Note: I'm not a firm believer in the concept that "no idea is stupid", so speak wisely.

Lets hear it; gents.

Last edited by Venom_Fish; 01-28-2010 at 08:50 PM..
Old 01-28-2010, 08:31 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Sure I agree with you that they have become inactive and are now quite useless meaning they are no fun. I do not like them at all anymore and therefor I run arround placing bombs instead its a lot funnier since you guys get so mad.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Might want to add a, why you think they are the way they are. =o.
And/or what could/should be done.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
DarknessShadow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarknessShadow Send a message via MSN to DarknessShadow
Why should gangs be active?
Gang's, and its members do not gain anything for raiding,except tiny bits of bragging rights.
On the raiding note, its been the exact same for how many years?It just gets plain boring, raids rarely last over 30 minutes with one gang giving up and getting offtag or logging off.
And the gang event on the weekends doesn't solve anything,since your only including 5 or 6 members per gang,not the gang as a whole.But still gang events are pretty fun.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Gangs, I believe, should have some sort of ability to claim territory, extort from and own businesses within that territory and go into other gang territories and sabotage their businesses and what not. There should also be some sort of 'illegal' market and generally give more options and features that will allow them to emulate true criminal organisations.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Thats a large developmental project, I doubt they're doing anything to that scale, even on the so-called "New Era". Hm, I actually meant more simplistic fixes, that would take absolutely no developmental focus. Simply wise management.

I mean, frankly gangs were active, alive and well long before incentives. There weren't even events when they were at their peak, I'd like to explore that. Why do you all think that it was this way?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:51 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I have a pretty decent amount done for a new gang system, but due to school and other things taking up most of my time, I haven't been able to work on it much, if at all, lately. I apologize for that. As of now, there is definitely more to it than there is with the current gang system, but I still have a lot of features I plan to add.

I've focused all of my attention on competition and creating incentives to participate. As of now, the plan is to let anyone create a gang (for a small price), but once you lead a gang, you have to meet certain requirements to maintain it. There will be a weekly point quota, and if you miss that quota too many times, your gang will be destroyed. It won't be too much, but enough to make sure you're active.

Gangs will be able to unlock new things the better they do and the longer they survive. Unlocks include custom outfits, nickname formatting, gang hats, gang guns, more member slots, etc. The more things you unlock though, the harder it becomes to maintain your gang. Gang leaders will be able to decide how big they want their gang to be...it can be small like a party, or bigger than what most gangs are now.

There is a very in-depth GUI which displays detailed information about members (there's even a bar graph to compare kills, deaths, etc) so you can see who is contributing and who needs to be removed. There will be leaderboards for gangs in general, but also individual members. Perhaps bonuses can be awarded to the top gangs and members each week?

I plan to also remake bases so that they are more interactive. For example, you could hack into a computer to gain control of the doors, destroy barricades to create new entrances, or kill the power to disable certain things, etc -- so that raiding can be a little more than just breaking a chest. Might also be able include some kind of event notification whenever a raid is occurring and give point bonuses for every kill inside the base.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Thats a large developmental project, I doubt they're doing anything to that scale, even on the so-called "New Era". Hm, I actually meant more simplistic fixes, that would take absolutely no developmental focus. Simply wise management.

I mean, frankly gangs were active, alive and well long before incentives. There weren't even events when they were at their peak, I'd like to explore that. Why do you all think that it was this way?
Ah well, my atleast I got my idea out there. I'd rather see it implemented in to Era than some noob era clone seeing it and going "osht lets do that!!"
Old 01-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I plan to also remake bases so that they are more interactive. For example, you could hack into a computer to gain control of the doors, destroy barricades to create new entrances, or kill the power to disable certain things, etc -- so that raiding can be a little more than just breaking a chest. Might also be able include some kind of event notification whenever a raid is occurring and give point bonuses for every kill inside the base.
Would make raiding interesting?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 PM
The thought of all these additions sounds exciting, fun and interesting. Although, I'm not sold on thoughts, I am waiting with anticipation to see whats in store.

Still, New Era is a whole nother topic, since I or other players can't see it, there's little to no critique we can provide for it, and what little we can provide is nothing but wordplay.

This thread was geared toward the status quo, the now... I mean I understand New Era is an important project to you all, but what of this Era? If you guys keep ignoring the problems now, you won't have any players left to fill up whats to come. The Current Gangs are in trouble, not saying focus your developmental effort into helping that... but atleast put some effort. Change gang leaders, organize more events, organize raids if you can, so on and so forth. Thats all something someone incharge of gangs can do.

Maybe there are other things that can be done, or other unseen problems with gangs now... this thread is created to address the problems of the NOW. When New Era comes, I'm more than certain it'll have enough threads pertaining to it. For now, lets atleast make this era bareable and sustainable.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
IT'S TIME TO PARTY LET'S
Good_Ol_Daze will become famous soon enough
learn to script
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I like sales ideas, but why don't you guys add more things from new era to the current era to make things more fun for the current players?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:21 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman13x View Post
I like sales ideas, but why don't you guys add more things from new era to the current era to make things more fun for the current players?
The new gang system will be introduced on the main server when it's completed. We will also be releasing rescripted/remade events and a new EventBot on the main server when it's completed.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Yeah, and there also WILL be a reset and a new era. We've heard that same song for years now, can we get an ETA?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
Sale's ideas.
Totally like this 100%.