Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
A Haiku!

Graalonline is fun
But please Stefan won't you please,
Release flying tech
Seriously, don't lose sleep over it. Everyone who still keeps begging for Flying Technology is going to be very disappointed. You'd be better off seeing if v6's new zoom functionality will be able to do something at least remotely similar.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Seriously, don't lose sleep over it. Everyone who still keeps begging for Flying Technology is going to be very disappointed. You'd be better off seeing if v6's new zoom functionality will be able to do something at least remotely similar.
I've been on these forums a bit now and I still can't tell if this flying technology is just a community joke or real.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:34 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
I've been on these forums a bit now and I still can't tell if this flying technology is just a community joke or real.
It was real, and the way it was presented gave the impression that it was coded into the game and was a way of scaling the play area.

What it really was however was pretty much a scripted sort of google maps. You simply uploaded a ton of images onto the server of various zoom levels of the map(you had to create them manually) and the scripted(again, not a coded portion of the game) would load the various images as they were needed. This meant that as you zoomed in and out you would have to wait for the images to load before you saw anything. It was all preloaded, meaning if changes were made you'd have to go through and update the images. It couldn't render players or objects or anything like that in any way that could be interacted with.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I was kidding more than anything, Dusty.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Less information updates.

I just wanted to drop by and state, with me only going to two classes so far, that UMBC will be taking up most of my time and I may not have any to update the status on this. As long as the gralats are in the farm, and the farm IS locked, the contest will continue and end on the 18th of December. Good luck to those who enter.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
David K?
Lol someone gave me bad rep saying "h8 you". I appreciate that, thank you for thinking of me while I was gone. ;]

In the mean time, and time has been mean, have you all been 'Winning' the art contest due in less than two months? No? Good luck!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=204516309606198

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_lord2 View Post
lol someone gave me bad rep saying "h8 you". I appreciate that, thank you for thinking of me while i was gone. ;]

in the mean time, and time has been mean, have you all been 'winning' the art contest due in less than two months? No? Good luck!

welcome back!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
David K?
And someone gave me another bad rep for the same reason. Thank you both. ;]
If you guys keep it up, I may even go into the red. Oh No!
IF YOU DON'T STOP I'LL TOTALLY BE UNHAPPY. ;'[

===

To keep up to date with the Graal Art Contest.
There has so far been 6 submissions, three over the last week, and once again it ends Dec 16th. (Farm is still there)

http://graalart.deviantart.com/gallery/33268686

All submissions will go to a Deviant Art page. [unless stated otherwise]
and polls are put on facebook for who you believe might win; polls however are not to pick the winners.

Good luck to you all, I'll update sometime next month.

Graal Art Contest Event

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Ill+ Rep when i can
Old 11-07-2011, 11:17 PM
David K?
Its fine Papajchris, I don't worry about rep. I only find it ironic that people would use it to show that they hate me, but will not say it to my face. Not that I would care if they hate me either... I just thought I should show sarcasm lol

By the way Emera, sorry I did not reply on here, I believe I did via mail but in hindsight it looks bad on here... I don't like to ignore anyone. Thank you, I'm not quite 'back' nor have I left. I just haven't had any time for Graal is all.

=-=-=-=-= Graal Art Contest =-=-=-=-=

For an update, the lanes are still the same, they are also still there.
There have been only 6 pictures uploaded for 7 lanes of prizes; as well as some that uploaded without following the rules or even sending it to the email.

I should have took it into account for the deadline, most of the applications are from kids and even college students tend to procrastinate until the last minute. The event use to be big on facebook, and kind of died down a lot. I believe it will go back up towards the deadline but it isn't like I can reinvite everyone lol... Good luck for those who attend!

Just to check out the ones up right now, go to:
Graal Art Contest

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 11-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I agree this choice of year makes little sense, Graal is pronounced dead every year...
strange that.
It's been dying little by little every year.

Example: It's pretty much dead now. Yes, there is a playerbase.. but compare it to that of 6+ years ago.

Just was bored and doing some browsing on the web and came back across the forums.. figured I'd throw that in. Probably won't even remember to come back to see if anyone replied.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew View Post
It's been dying little by little every year.

Example: It's pretty much dead now. Yes, there is a playerbase.. but compare it to that of 6+ years ago.

Just was bored and doing some browsing on the web and came back across the forums.. figured I'd throw that in. Probably won't even remember to come back to see if anyone replied.
I don't disagree with you that the playerbase has dropped in numbers compared to 5, 10 years ago, that much is obvious, but if anything the player count has actually seen a slight rise in more recent times due to the influx of iPhone refugees among other smaller possibilities. I think the feeling among players is more one of stagnation with the lack of advances than one of Graal being dead.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:16 AM
David K?
Graal Art Contest Winners!
(Awards on iClassic)

Lanes had more than this, but I only totaled up each 100 rounding down. Let me know to pick up your winnings, and thank you everyone else for joining!

Winners:
Lulu Graal : 7.0k Gralats
Cat Dcxii : 6.8k Gralats
Gunderak Graal : 5.6k Gralats
Kyro Graal : 5.5k Gralats
AngelStratos Graal : 5.5k Gralats
Buneary Graal : 4.4k Gralats

Judges:
David K?
Dannxthree Graal : 1.7k Gralats

http://graalart.deviantart.com/gallery/33268686

(I will now stop replying in this thread, thanks for all the support)

Sad to say also, I am quitting iClassic as well.
I have not been on in a few months, and it seems that since Santa bombs were introduced.. that was not good.. however regular bombs were mutilated as well... even the baddies which became super baddies are now super-super-baddies. The last part doesn't matter now since there is no reason to kill them anymore.

I will be playing iEra now (casually and eventually).

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Coder
Gunderak is on a distinguished road
Farewell David, Hope you have fun when you disembark on you're adventure across the globe!

Gund for president.

Remote PM {P*}x (Graal813044) from eraiphone -> Stefan: I hav 1 qustion
*Gunderak: he hav 1
*Gunderak: qustion
Old 12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
You won 4.4k Gralats for making a screenshot and bumping "MY TOWER" above it? Damn I should have taken part at the contest.