Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 AM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Not classic-style.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:10 PM
firefighter is on a distinguished road
Its not zodiac but classic styled ;-)
We changed many things in the last time. For example we are using the default tileset while it is under development, because the other tileset was to near on zodiac's style (could be recolor from gfx) ;-)
You can see many differences when you compare it with other servers. If you for example see the inventory or the baddies, buy-/sell- and also the hitpoint-system.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:30 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter View Post
We changed many things in the last time. For example we are using the default tileset while it is under development, because the other tileset was to near on zodiac's style (could be recolor from gfx) ;-)
You can see many differences when you compare it with other servers. If you for example see the inventory or the baddies, buy-/sell- and also the hitpoint-system.
I would suggest getting a custom gui style for the server to make it more unqiue. The red one doesn't fit the server style.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:28 PM
The problem is, that we havn't enough active staff like GATs at the moment. I'm annoyed about that...
We can't continue this project at the moment with so few active really good staff. I have invested so much time, money and brought the scripts to a level, as you can't see them on any other servers. It is so optimized and player/staff friendly. New good driven staffs are welcome everytime. We would like to continue with making quests so we need some ideas and dialogs. To script the systems/databases is no problem for me.

Also our filesystem structure is clear. All is structurized verry good and the staffs are friendly and good selected.

Indeed it is the most progressed dev server that isn't shown in the Hosted Servers tab at the moment but it will be visible on october the 1st. I hope that it will throw not so much fake staff but real active/experienced staff to us.

Last edited by firefighter; 09-16-2009 at 04:40 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
o.o
Quote:
Not classic-style.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch
Not classic-style.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Can you explain that please?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned
Umat will become famous soon enough
Classic styled is more like how it is on the server named Classic. Most servers looked somewhat like that before and is known as the classic style.

EDIT:
like this: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...classic&page=2
Old 09-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Classic styled is more like how it is on the server named Classic. Most servers looked somewhat like that before and is known as the classic style.
Thank you for clearing this. I thought if it is classic or not depends on the world style like if there are guns or swords and such
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Not classic-style.
[idea]
Hey why don't you get off your high horse and actually tell him how he can move towards a classic style instead of acting like an *******.[/idea]
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew View Post
[idea]
Hey why don't you get off your high horse and actually tell him how he can move towards a classic style instead of acting like an *******.[/idea]
This.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
I know that here are many people who are not verry nice. This thread shows me that I can't get help here. Sorry but if it is going on so, I don't know where it will end up...
Not even the global devs don't help (apart from that they are never online)... For what theyre good? For abusing staff rights as many graal kiddies do? Right, I think so. But I won't generalize because there are a few exceptions. But only a few.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Not even the global devs don't help (apart from that they are never online)... For what theyre good? For abusing staff rights as many graal kiddies do? Right, I think so. But I won't generalize because there are a few exceptions. But only a few.
Dude, you log on #graaldt one day when Skyld and Ben Rain are the only GDT's online (and currently afk), and the first thing you say is that you want someone to help you with your server.

Me and Rufus tried to tell you that you should come back later when more GDT's are online, and that you should consider applying for Preview status. Instead of listening to anything we said, you just started complaining about the GDT and eventually just left the channel.

Don't expect people to drop everything they have and rush to your help immediately just because you happen to require it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I know that here are many people who are not verry nice. This thread shows me that I can't get help here. Sorry but if it is going on so, I don't know where it will end up...
I suggest you read Ziro's post and think very carefully about the next thing you say about the GDT.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes but it's my experience. I have had some of the dev staff on my server a few days ago. I asked them for help but they havn't give me some advice (e.g. referenced to another dev staff that has more time). They only have bothered the server because so many things arn't done. I told them that we urgently need some more good active dev staff to continue the good work.
So my question was for what the global dev staff is good?

Many basic things are done as I said. I really take care about my server but we need people who bring ideas to the server because the most of the content of what the player can do is missing at the moment.
This seems to be the most difficult part.

Last edited by firefighter; 09-17-2009 at 09:58 PM..
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 AM
o.o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umat View Post

EDIT:
like this: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...classic&page=2
Yes

Quote:
Thank you for clearing this. I thought if it is classic or not depends on the world style like if there are guns or swords and such
Modern, Medieval/Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew View Post
[idea]
I'm not saying he should; I'm saying it's not classic-styled and made me mad.

Quote:
Cynical. You can, you just need to know how to communicate with them, have an idea that they like, and/or get some of your Graal buddies to help; however, you should never expect to go far with a server without good communication, ideas, and knowledge.
Perhaps if you send them a query on IRC, make sure they're online, and/or don't ask only for work, since some like teaching rather than only giving work, then they'll help. Also, they don't get rights on any server unless a manager, admin, etc. gives them those rights.

Quote:
Yes but it's my experience. I have had some of the dev staff on my server a few days ago. I asked them for help but they havn't give me some advice (e.g. referenced to another dev staff that has more time). They only have bothered the server because so many things arn't done. I told them that we urgently need some more good active dev staff to continue the good work.
So my question was for what the global dev staff is good?

Many basic things are done as I said. I really take care about my server but we need people who bring ideas to the server because the most of the content of what the player can do is missing at the moment.
This seems to be the most difficult part.
As said above, perhaps if you don't ask only for work, since some like teaching rather than only giving work, then they'll help.
The GDT isn't in any way obligated to help a server, nor are they obligated to do a server's work, but they can and usually will, if they are efficient in that development area, give advice or redirect you to other sources (wiki, forums).