Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 06:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
60 fps external windows? :o
Old 03-13-2011, 06:45 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I'm wondering if doing something like this is possible...having an animated gif of some sort and then setting it's shape or setting the shape to that of the player. An example that I can think of right now are the Ultima and haste spells in FF6.

Not the haste spell, but you can kind of get the idea. The rainbow colors scroll up across the player

Also setting the color of the player...so that the sprites themselves seem to glow a color or other effects to that nature. Like...

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 03-13-2011, 07:46 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
60 fps external windows? :o
From what I understand external windows are redrawn as needed; on Mac, resizing windows is as smooth as native, and typing also seems as fast as native (which is not the case for internal windows).
Old 03-13-2011, 08:19 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
From what I understand external windows are redrawn as needed; on Mac, resizing windows is as smooth as native, and typing also seems as fast as native (which is not the case for internal windows).
Well I'm mostly concerned with text control input.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
From the top of my head:

Get rid of the "create window at mouse" stuff for the Graal main window. Let it default to the center of the screen and then save the position and size like the v5 client does it. Do the same for the playerlist (although I believe Tig's already doing it with the one on Login 2?).

I'd also like to see a comeback of palettes (setbackpal stuff, but improved, more dynamic and usable on basically everything that is an 8-bit PNG). This can be so useful on so many occasions. I can't imagine it being difficult to implement, either; then again, I don't code that kind of stuff. Should you implement this, I don't think it'd hurt for it to work with Jasc's PAL files.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
It'd be cool if we could do something like:

PHP Code:
new GuiWindowCtrl("ExternalExample") {

y 100;

width height 300;

isexternal true;

nativestyle true// Makes it look like their Native OS equivalent.

This would be awesome. If not this, then I'd like a white-grayish default style instead of that blue GUI stuff.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I remember reading the text not being bold as something it was supposed to be like throughout the past few versions of Graal as opposed to it not being possible due to some technicality, I would actually go as far to say I have a hard time reading V6 text in its non-bold form, I've never had any problems with my eyesight and yet it's as if I have to put in effort to make out different words.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
You speak about in-game text (not gui) ?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
You speak about in-game text (not gui) ?
Yes, such as chat, nicknames etc.

Funnily enough I find that GUI text appears too bold compared to how it does in V5.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:05 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
On Mac, if you have a multi-line "favorite quote" in your profile, it only shows the first line until you click in it and type a character.

Also, clicking "Close" on a PM doesn't always close it. This seems to happen after changing servers with PMs open, especially.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
On Mac, if you have a multi-line "favorite quote" in your profile, it only shows the first line until you click in it and type a character.

This is happening for me in Windows too.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:22 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The profile scripts also need to be updated to support the text size changes properly, hell should probably align the whole as well.

All Text Labels on the left just need to be moved over 16~ pixels. Currently Instant Messenger, Favorite Hangout, and Favorite Quote are being cut-off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	profiles.png
Views:	527
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	52544  
Old 03-13-2011, 07:04 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Other things I'd like to see with the release of v6:
A clientside player flag we can use to check if the player is currently jumping off a cliff (player.jump or similar). I could really use this.

Also: an outline attribute for showtext objects to easily add outlines to texts. Should either use shadowcolor for the color or add a new outlinecolor instead.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Also: an outline attribute for showtext objects to easily add outlines to texts. Should either use shadowcolor for the color or add a new outlinecolor instead.
outlinewidth as well. Obviously it would default to 1 or 2.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:12 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
outlinewidth as well. Obviously it would default to 1 or 2.
Right. Forgot about that.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Indeed, outlined text has been needed for years. Graal needs more ways to be spruced up and prettified.