Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Do you plan on reupgrading your account?
Yes 32 50.00%
No 24 37.50%
Maybe 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2002, 09:26 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Re: Re: P2P Poll

Quote:
Originally posted by Androk2k1

No, I hate Graal. I got banned.
waroing? lol

Old 11-02-2002, 09:33 AM
Banned
Androk2k1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: P2P Poll

Quote:
Originally posted by CheeToS2

waroing? lol
Yes...

That's only for Classic, though. I'll reupgrade if my boss ever gives me ANYTHING TO DO so I can get them sweet little cashmonies.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:12 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I just upgraded my account, why?

1) I am a graal addict
2) I Manage Npulse
3) Cant post on the forums without it
4) I want to see new servers as they are added, and watch the progress of 2002 even though I really dont play it much.

INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 11-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Foolish Dreamer
Graal518 is on a distinguished road
My decision will of course vary depending on the state of Graal. For the time being I have a fresh new account. But later on down the road, I may choose not to upgrade when the time comes.

Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see? I know my heart should guide me, but...
Old 11-02-2002, 10:51 AM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
it should be if you upgraded your account twice you get unlimited forum access :P

But I will probably upgrade..........100+ days left
Old 11-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Will I reupgrade?
No.

Why not?
Konidias. Hate or whatever, you're horrible at everything you do.
Putting up with you isn't my example of fun. I'd much rather go to school and do homework than listen to Konidias bi*ch and run when he loses.

Basically, I see no point in playing graal anymore really. I'm going to go ahead and sit and wait for this "oh so promising Oasis" that's supposedly coming out. Neither Oasis or Graal2230 appeal me in the slightest bit. Think what you want, I just really doubt that they will actually appeal players for more than a week once released.

I think the game's standards have dropped to an all time low, and Stefan and Unixmad are not trying to handle it like sufficient businesman (I assumed this when Stefan stated that he wasn't trying to run Graal as a business, which is bad, especially considering there are 100+ people who paid money and need service at times). Administration is at a very low, not the worst Graal's ever had, but it's still pretty low.

This game just isn't worth the hundred-something dollars I've put into it. Especially when you put thousands of hours into it to help Stefan out with playerworld things and get nothing; not even recognition (team-wise).

--
Constructive enough.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Torankusu, do you not find it strange that you're one of the few people that don't think the new pw's will be promising? I have no problem with you disliking me, as that's your decision. But I really can't see how you don't understand why people think my pw is promising, when I have talented scripters like falados and loriel, and talented gfx people like birdbird contributing to the playerworld.

But really, think what you'd like. Feel free to actually be constructive though, and post what you would want changed with Gold Graal, instead of just saying "graal has bad administration and I hate you and graal has gone downhill" I can't see how you'd call that constructive.

By the way, Stefan doesn't manage Graal really, he is an administrator but I do believe that Unixmad covers the business side, while Stefan does the development and programming.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 11-02-2002, 02:30 PM
taz-graal is on a distinguished road
I highly doubt I'd re-upgrade.

Bomy Moon and Graal Kingdoms just ain't worth the cash. Sure it's not that much, but I could find somthing better to do with the money. Like buy a PS2 online game.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:51 PM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
i have 57 days cause i accidentally bought the six month plan...butt....

i think that the forums and gold subscription should be completely different...in fact i think the forums should be free for anyone who's ever upgraded, because its NEARLY impossible for people without forums accnts to communicate with higher staff and get tech support.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:01 PM
taz-graal is on a distinguished road
Yeah. I feel sorry for the people who really need to contact someone or have somthing on their mind to discuss. But they don't have any days left on their p2p. I find the forums the best way to contact a higher staff.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:04 PM
Woman
Lyndzey is a jewel in the roughLyndzey is a jewel in the rough
I'll be able to help a lot more once I get my DSL so I won't have to keep connecting to AOL 100 times to get my IP range right. I can't help out with any P2P problems like people expect me to do. I can't just give you an account when you say "i lost my password and I forgot the email I used to sign up for it, give it back to me now or I am reporting you to unixmad!"
Old 11-02-2002, 08:46 PM
(Legend)
Stev579 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by XxxxneosoftxxxX
i think that the forums and gold subscription should be completely different...in fact i think the forums should be free for anyone who's ever upgraded, because its NEARLY impossible for people without forums accnts to communicate with higher staff and get tech support.
Good idea. Very good idea. Only downside is there will be more players posting more problems.
Old 11-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Michael Jackson of Graal
XxxxneosoftxxxX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to XxxxneosoftxxxX
Quote:
Originally posted by Stev579

Good idea. Very good idea. Only downside is there will be more players posting more problems.
how's that a downside? That just means people will get more help...The only downside is that there will be more idiots spamming for count like kamoo..
Old 11-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
Torankusu, do you not find it strange that you're one of the few people that don't think the new pw's will be promising?
Because I'm one of the few people with experience in this area...
Quote:

I have no problem with you disliking me, as that's your decision.
But I really can't see how you don't understand why people think my pw is promising, when I have talented scripters like falados and loriel, and talented gfx people like birdbird contributing to the playerworld.
Talent only makes up the development side. It's what hooks the players that matters. Not the staff.

Your staff review -
Loriel - has deemed himself very lazy. Great choice.
Birdbird - loses motivation very easily. (as seen a kajillion times in the past.)
Falados - woop-de-doo. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the only one to stay.

Quote:

But really, think what you'd like. Feel free to actually be constructive though, and post what you would want changed with Gold Graal, instead of just saying "graal has bad administration and I hate you and graal has gone downhill" I can't see how you'd call that constructive.
Uh, not constructive? So, basically, you're saying that my views of the administration declining waaaaaaaay too much aren't sufficient enough? It's a reason, and a very valid one at that.
The administration handles both the gold servers and the way the game is ran. The gold servers aren't worth reupgrading for, and the administration treats other members poorly, or doesn't know what the hell is going on.

Quote:
By the way, Stefan doesn't manage Graal really, he is an administrator but I do believe that Unixmad covers the business side, while Stefan does the development and programming.
And... Stefan is like Unixmad's right hand man. Unixmad's right hand man told me that graal wasn't being ran as a business, and that there were no plans for it.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:09 AM
where da wmdz at
Neonight is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Neonight
Quote:
Originally posted by konidias
Torankusu, do you not find it strange that you're one of the few people that don't think the new pw's will be promising? I have no problem with you disliking me, as that's your decision. But I really can't see how you don't understand why people think my pw is promising, when I have talented scripters like falados and loriel, and talented gfx people like birdbird contributing to the playerworld.

I agree with Torankusu. I don't think playerworlds are good anymore. Granted, none of them were ever GREAT, but they were fun to play on. I don't care if you have Stefan and Unixmad working on Oasis, it does not mean it will be the greatest server ever.

Graal Administration has come down. Before you tell me what you told Torankusu, allow me to explain. What has happened to Lyndzey? Let's review the facts. Her RC has been removed and allowed several times. She needs her RC, and to keep it. Taking it away and giving it back every month or so really isn't all too promising for Graal's staff in general. That's not a huge point, however. Tyhm is getting none of the respect he deserves. He's been with us for God knows how long and has managed Classic for a long time. Why is he just still Classic owner? Don't give me the crap that it's because he's leaving in December. If he were to change his mind, I'd bet every damned person playing Graal $5 US that he wouldn't get a higher position. Why? He doesn't suck up to unixmad and Stefan all the time. As we can see, he doesn't like ass-kissing.

Konidias, can you tell me when Stefan told unixmad:

"Hey Stèphane. You can fire all of the staff and hire new ones. You can do anything you want to Graal now. Have fun!"

Can you tell me when he said that?

Another note:

Pay-to-Play. Granted, Stefan and unixmad need money, but you cannot seriously tell me that they both did not have any free time before Graal went P2P. Since Graal went p2p, the number of players has went down, the number of arguments has greatly heightened, and the overall of Graal's fun factor has went to a low. No longer is it about playing servers and PKing on Classic. Now it's about re-upgrading. How can you have fun when you know your account is going to run out sometime in the near future? It's like being told you have a year or so to live. Will you have a lot of fun? Probably not. Buying upgrades is buying Graalian life. You don't get to have any fun.

Not to mention, players under the age of 18 are more likely to be non-existant on Graal if we have to re-upgrade every 3 months or every 6 months, etc. "I'm not going to upgrade that account again. You've been spending too much time on Graal." Before you give me any excuses, think about it, Konidias. I'm one step ahead of you.