Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should Graal Kingdoms be Reset?
Yes, Graal Kingdoms should be reset. 44 57.14%
No, Graal Kingdoms should not be reset. 33 42.86%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2003, 02:58 AM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by UNPTWOPWINNER
I would only agree to a reset if it was the only possible way to restore the economy.

Last I heard, anyone that abused that potion of life trick is being punished. The items unbalancing the economy are being found.

How about give things time, wait it out some, and see if it cleans up. You can't fix an economy in one day.

A reset just like that is too extreme.
Nobody has been punished yet and I don't think Jagen intends on doing it unless they do it after he mass-warned everyone.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:59 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
probably because we have a better name(no offense) but i mean...after that cc crap people really got pissed at you

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 08-23-2003, 03:01 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Torankusu
Agreed that a reset would be helpful.
1) Of those people, you weren't the only one who expressed the opinion that a reset would be helpful.
2) The expression of that opinion can't logically be referred to as agreement, since you'd need to be agreeing with yourself.
3) How is this at all relevant to Tseng?
Old 08-23-2003, 03:07 AM
UNPTWOPWINNER is on a distinguished road
One thing...
Last I checked people are STILL blessing +3 for money.
So, we reset, then those people get enough wisdom and we're screwed again.

Just let it be...let it fix itself.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:08 AM
Sublime
Tseng is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

3) How is this at all relevant to Tseng?
I think I can answer this one. He feels I have some sort of 'bias' against him, because I have banned him two times for commiting various offenses on graal2002. Therefore, anything I say or do against him or his viewpoint is now justified in his mind by this 'bias' and not by anything he could have possibly done wrong.

As for my opinions of a reset? It is a good idea, but it should only happen in the long-term, after all the bugs are found and ironed out. A short-term reset would be useless and only serve to upset people while more bugs discovered would cause the same problems to occur once again. It's been said repeatedly that this is a beta server - all the bugs haven't been gone yet, and until there is some reasonable certainty that the vast majority of bugs have been ironed out, no reset should take place.
I didn't ban you, I only played a little bit with my RC.
-----
Old 08-23-2003, 03:12 AM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally posted by Tseng
I think I can answer this one. He feels I have some sort of 'bias' against him, because I have banned him two times for commiting various offenses on graal2002. Therefore, anything I say or do against him is now justified in his mind by this 'bias' and not by anything he could have possibly done wrong.
What an illogical person.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:14 AM
Elite Member
Quote:

I think I can answer this one. He feels I have some sort of 'bias' against him, because I have banned him two times for commiting various offenses on graal2002. Therefore, anything I say or do against him is now justified in his mind by this 'bias' and not by anything he could have possibly done wrong.
yeah that's it.

Old 08-23-2003, 03:15 AM
DevilsDice is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DevilsDice
Wow... its amazing... its like, two people, but, it isnt... the words... are like, the same... haha, here comes the grammer flame...

"Bang" - Vash the Stampede - Trigun

"Bang"- Spike Speigal - Cowboy Bebop
Old 08-23-2003, 03:23 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
As for my opinions of a reset? It is a good idea, but it should only happen in the long-term, after all the bugs are found and ironed out. A short-term reset would be useless and only serve to upset people while more bugs discovered would cause the same problems to occur once again. It's been said repeatedly that this is a beta server - all the bugs haven't been gone yet, and until there is some reasonable certainty that the vast majority of bugs have been ironed out, no reset should take place.
This is my opinion on it as well.

I don't expect an immediate reset, I would prefer to wait until every bug that is known currently or is a possible threat of being abused it removed. GK is just in chaos now. People are dropping 70k when asked to borrow some plat, people are dropping loads of plat on tables and saying "ive got more at home yo lol" and things have outrageous prices now. The plat I think is going to kill it all, but there are also so many duplicated items out there. Random alchemy takes its toll on the players as well -- "rare" armour, not available to starting players. It's just all unbalanced, and I know not everything is supposed to be obtainable, and it's not, it's just the things out now are screwing up GK.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Nakamura2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nakamura2003 Send a message via Yahoo to Nakamura2003
you can't fix all bugs in a game but you can fix what you can find, there will always be bugs and we need to get people who will enforce the rules.
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally posted by DevilsDice
Wow... its amazing... its like, two people, but, it isnt...
Are you talking about Tseng and I? Our modes of speech are fairly different, and I don't remember either of us flaming a person purely because of poor grammar.
UNPTWOPWINNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is my opinion on it as well.

I don't expect an immediate reset, I would prefer to wait until every bug that is known currently or is a possible threat of being abused it removed. GK is just in chaos now. People are dropping 70k when asked to borrow some plat, people are dropping loads of plat on tables and saying "ive got more at home yo lol" and things have outrageous prices now. The plat I think is going to kill it all, but there are also so many duplicated items out there. Random alchemy takes its toll on the players as well -- "rare" armour, not available to starting players. It's just all unbalanced, and I know not everything is supposed to be obtainable, and it's not, it's just the things out now are screwing up GK.
Well, when and if there is a reset, what do you say to those who earned their event items? "It wasn't obtainable, you earned it, but whoops!"

Like I said, reset = too extreme
Old 08-23-2003, 03:33 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally posted by UNPTWOPWINNER

Well, when and if there is a reset, what do you say to those who earned their event items? "It wasn't obtainable, you earned it, but whoops!"

Like I said, reset = too extreme
I have tons of events stuff, DX has tons of events stuff, anU has tons of events stuff. Explain to me how we would not lose things off of a reset? Yet we realize it would help.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:35 AM
Script Monkey
Quote:
I have tons of events stuff, DX has tons of events stuff, anU has tons of events stuff. Explain to me how we would not lose things off of a reset? Yet we realize it would help.
You believe it would help. Sacrifice doesn't make you automatically correct, and it's not even sacrifice if you think you would have more fun as a result.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:46 AM
busyrobot is on a distinguished road
These bugs are stupid and yes are killing the economy, if a reset happns it will be in the future, and just planning one would kill GK, I mean, are you going to put in the hours if it's all going to wiped in three weeks?

Why would anyone play between now and that time?

.....and it is not ready yet, there are far too many economy bugs, but it's not all econ bugs, some of it is as simple as allowed elements (for fun gameplay) get maxed out by power players.

Take lvling, it's designed to people who lvl in addition to other things build up at a fair speed. Then people lvl non stop, and are unfairly strong, like unfairly rich people who boringly repeat 'get rich' actions.

Some people are powerful because they are good, others because they scam, others because they abuse bugs, and others because they are obsesive players.

A reset and bug fix helps the bug abuse imbalance, but that won't stop imbalance.

Maybe, if you did any one thing over and over, if the effect drops off, (ie, after you get xk exp in a day, you get a 20% penalty on new xp, then up to a 50%, etc, if you bless swords, they take longer and longer, if you do alch, the chances of failing get higher if you do lots the same day)

But, it's not ready to be reset, IMO.

"Uh, Professor, are we even allowed in the Forbidden Zone?"
"Why, of course! It's just a name, like the Death Zone or the Zone of No Return. All the zones have names like that in the Galaxy of Terror."