Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Stokell Perseus
Stokell88 is an unknown quantity at this point
New Black Holst Levels!

I think they look great, and i know alot of effort went into them!

Well done to everyone involved
You last visited: 10-17-2004 at 07:39 PM

-------------------------------------------

Confirmed Private Message Receipts (1)
Sent to: Stefan
Graal Online HQ

Message Sent Date : 10-16-2004 / 06:06 PM

Message Read Date : 09-22-2007 / 09:08 PM

Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Mind posting some screenshots?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Banned
fragman85 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokell88 View Post
I think they look great, and i know alot of effort went into them!

Well done to everyone involved
Yeah it's awesome.
Especially the fact that the outside doesn't fit with the inside AT ALL.
Plus the Elevator is way too big and it got a couch and a table with seats in it oO??!
I also really think that the Base doesn't have to be that Big, the Meeting and the "Suit Room" could be easily put together into one level.
Some of the Levels really aren't PK-friendly either :S. (So many breakable crates spread in the whole base, just for the cause of it oO)
And for some strange reason the Roof Door got 1000, instead of 500 HP.
Plus on the inside levels of the Roof, there are two doors with 500 HP, which lead to a random room with the function of the Suit Room, but nothing else in it. Why do the Doors have 500 HP? Once you got into the Base, there shouldn't be anything you have to break, just like in the other bases. Not to talk of, that the room is pretty much nothing at all.
The Spar Room only got 5, instead of 6 Medis, which is unfair, since BB got 6. Oh and the Floor is copied from BB and some tiles were a little changed, looks kinda unprofessional :o.
The Button to open the Elevator in the Healing room is like a mile away from the Elevator doors, which makes it more difficult to "run", than in other bases, such as BB's.

I could go on and write an essay x_X

Btw. there's a tile Error in the Healing Room.

Last edited by fragman85; 04-14-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Blonk
The_Blue_Cracka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The_Blue_Cracka
I guess no one finds the fact that wooden doors with knobs are opening like elevator doors weird.

Last edited by The_Blue_Cracka; 04-14-2009 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
I like the base overall, but there some inconsistencies. Overall though i think its better. And yeah bl0nk now the doors annoy me because you pointed that out. I won't be able to go in there without getting annoyed lol
Old 04-14-2009, 06:56 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
It's a decent base, but it just seems weird for BH.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:25 PM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
It's a decent base, but it just seems weird for BH.
got on today and saw it and couldnt agree more. Its basically the same as era mafia now
Old 04-14-2009, 07:32 PM
MontyPython is a jewel in the roughMontyPython is a jewel in the rough
There's huge style conflictions.

Modernistic metallic exterior is clearly a time machine, because once you step in the base you're in a 1950s Mafia style base.

These mafia types, however, are much more refined than most gangs. They seem to be more concerned with decorating the place with plant life and couches than actually fighting. That's something I've never quite understood. I guess you're sitting there making the level thinking "how can I add some decorations?", but the best thing you can come up with is plants? I really doubt too many gangs or mafias dedicated their bases as part-time greenhouses. I definitely may be wrong about this, but I feel like the "decorations" would have been more in line with bags of what seems to be flour, firearms, knives, explosives, and centerfolds. Granted, you can't put all of that in a game that allows (and seems to almost be entirely played by) 13 year olds, but you get the idea.

I think you could get much more creative than plants.

And let's talk about the decorating style...

Here we see that Black Holst is very multi-cultural, sporting Bonsai plants in addition to generic-potted-plant-that-has-been-around-since-the-beginning-of-era.

There's two Bonsai. Lined up in perfect unison. You don't get that kind of symmetry in nature often, much less in a gang base. That's just not even close to realistic. If you HAD two bonsai, you wouldn't stack them directly together, especially IF they're the exact same bloody bonsai.

And they're also concerned about plant's comfort, dedicating what appears to be small chairs so the two potted plants can sit comfortably. I guess because they're so old, over-used, and tired, they can't stand on their own anymore. Note again them being lined up perfectly well together. That kind of stuff happens everywhere, I just refuse to waste the time to gather up a bunch of screenshots to belabor the point. Go look for yourself, it's impossible to miss.

And do I even need to mention the mini-space-station sized elevator? Complete with, yes, plants, couches, and even a table with some refreshments in case the elevator gets stuck. Best part though? They somehow figured out how to create automatic sliding WOODEN doors.

Bravo.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:54 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
The outside looks like a warehouse type building. Definitely a good theme for BH since that's how the base has been ever since it came to existence. What the hell is with the 1000 hp door on the roof? That's stupid. The garage door is 500 hp but the door right above it is 1000 hp. That makes no sense.

Monty pretty much explained what I would say about the main floor. Sliding wooden doors? Bonsai trees? Wine bottles? Wine cabinets? Fancy lights and wall paper? Seriously now.

The elevator is stupid. Wood flooring with an ugly carpet pattern that looks like "8H" since what supposedly is a "B" looks like an eight. I also find it interesting how there's tables, chairs, and a couch inside the elevator. All it does is get in the way especially during a raid. What were they thinking?!

I also find it funny how there's a bar and bartender on pretty much every floor. No clue what they were trying to do here. Why do bases have to be so fancy like this?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Blonk
The_Blue_Cracka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The_Blue_Cracka
I wish our god damn LATs would stick to themes instead of beauty pageants.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blue_Cracka View Post
I wish our god damn LATs would stick to themes instead of beauty pageants.
Exactly.

The old one needed no change at all.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:17 AM
LAT
DKH89 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DKH89 Send a message via MSN to DKH89
i knew this **** would happen when our lat admin is someone who wasnt evn from era and when mesh was hired
Old 04-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH89 View Post
i knew this **** would happen when our lat admin is someone who wasnt evn from era and when mesh was hired
hmm, assuming the LAT Admin is still Curtis, and this is what you think, then this is definitely going to piss you off: Curtis is from Era
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Master Blaster
deathbarrier99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to deathbarrier99 Send a message via Yahoo to deathbarrier99
What? Why is this a Mafia now?

I give up.

I shall not rest until every idiot has been vanquished!

Eros Cassini (Mon May 08 13:16:32 2006):
You're the fat Cassini
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
hmm, assuming the LAT Admin is still Curtis, and this is what you think, then this is definitely going to piss you off: Curtis is from Era

Haha, yea..Well he's wrong in the fact that I'm LAT Admin. I quit when Angel resigned.

He's also wrong since I've played Era since conception in that warm hotel room on a drunken Saturday night.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now