Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Currently on UN :>
Nomad_P2P will become famous soon enough
Servers & Profits

If a player pays for a server and their server does good with its player count and updates; does said player make any profit? or does it just go to Graal?

Just wondering. Potential Devs need incentive. Y'know
Old 03-01-2010, 04:13 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
No, Zodiac has raked in 240k Gralats since the release of EXP Potions and Character Slots and I've yet to see a dime.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Do you still have to pay to keep Zodiac hosted (classic)?
Old 03-01-2010, 04:33 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Nope.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:35 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
I really think Unixmad should be making a deal with servers that utilize the Gelat shop. Zodiac doesn't have to be doing it.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:37 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I really think Unixmad should be making a deal with servers that utilize the Gelat shop. Zodiac doesn't have to be doing it.
I agree. I know Stefan said something on Era iPhone about staff possibly getting a percentage of the cash-shop profits. He was the one who brought it up, too.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Would make paying for a server and actually working on it worth something if you got some sort of profit at the end, or at the least a refund.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:49 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
I agree. I know Stefan said something on Era iPhone about staff possibly getting a percentage of the cash-shop profits. He was the one who brought it up, too.
He offered me a percentage of it in Gralats when I initially brought it up adding the items, but those are pretty much useless to me.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:21 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesman View Post
wow
Old 03-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
No, Zodiac has raked in 240k Gralats since the release of EXP Potions and Character Slots and I've yet to see a dime.
how much dollars is 240k gralats?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 AM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Well assuming everyone purchases their gralats 8000 at a time using the subscription feature that works out to around 1920 Euros, and that converted to USD is $2620.

That's unlikely though so it's not unrealistic to say that they've probably made around $3000 USD before administrative costs (Paypal's cut, etc.)
Old 03-01-2010, 05:55 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
Yes, I agree. Developers need greater incentive for using the gelat shop for it to become successful. If developers could even make 10%-15% of the money from the sales of gelats on their server, it could give them ample amounts more incentive to develop more things for the said gelat shop. Thus, consequently, Graal would be making more money and more content by sharing profits with developers than they would otherwise.

The only issue with this is that there cannot be script functions for adding/removing gelats for obvious reasons which means you would have to work with Stefan on the shop.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Unixmad is open for deals...you just need to talk with him right

Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
About $2,947 USD.

Last edited by cbk1994; 03-01-2010 at 06:37 AM.. Reason: oops, euros
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Unixmad should give people the option of adding their own Items, Rewards and such to the Gelat store, or even give them a small cash sum over a period of time if the server is successful.
That way Graal would get more content to use and rake in more players (and of course $$), and would-be developers, designers, and others would get more out of their experience and be willing to carry on with Graal.

Win win