Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnegel View Post
Inside-------------------------Outside
Attachment 51157 Attachment 51158
You should really work on the outside. You still have to bring proof that the outside can look good with a cool inside
Old 06-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
I wouldn't think about using it at all. There's a reason you rarely see this implemented in any games(ESPECIALLY 2D games). It might be cool here and there to see, but I think there are more important things to focus such effort on, especially when you consider in the gaming world, gamers have come to terms with the fact that unrealistic things happen.
I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented in like a cave system using a huge mountain or something. I think that might be pretty cool.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
We're at the point then...how big does an inside have to be? Think "realistic" aswell, if you try to do this :P

This here would do, IMO, and other houses can have more stages or go underground (take zodiacs OSL as example, it doesnt even have windows so it could aswell be underground, as it basicly IS (logically) since it's leading to a cave with other entrances), if more space is needed
I like the way this one is set up, could obviously look better though.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
I like the way this one is set up, could obviously look better though.
Yeah its a quick 10 min level

Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
It'd work a lot better if the exterior was shaped closely to the interior. Just scaled down.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Vega001 is on a distinguished road
I appreciate all the feedback, thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
I can't stand indoor levels like that. They're nonsense.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like it if it didn't mean your houses would look retarded from the outside. Because the one in the first post is disgusting.

But if you're going to use it to segue into smaller, neater houses, then more power to you.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Thinking of my own actual house, it seems small from the outside but is actually quite big (granted I'm not looking at it from the same point of view as in Graal), but in light of the fact buildings generally can be deceptive as to space and size I don't think it's a huge issue to require 1:1 at least.

I remember Haunter (?) trying this on Rudora and ensuring that at least a house that had two levels on the outside had two on the inside as well - this sort of realism is perhaps better and a general awareness of not having a tiny outside and huge inside, but I think 1:1 could result in some less than attractive levels unless house sizes as a whole were made small as standard, as large outsides aren't too nice.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:40 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
So my planned playerhouse being a cardboard box on the outside and a huge mansion on the inside is not a very good idea?
Old 06-14-2010, 02:28 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Because the one in the first post is disgusting.
It'd probably be better if the roof was utilized, or if some other stories and a balcony were added. But I think the shape is the biggest problem. When was the last time anybody saw a house shaped like that?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
I like the inside level.

Quote:
So my planned playerhouse being a cardboard box on the outside and a huge mansion on the inside is not a very good idea?
It is a good idea, as long as you have stairs immediately going down when you get inside the box.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts View Post
It is a good idea, as long as you have stairs immediately going down when you get inside the box.
Of course not. That would be just silly.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Of course not. That would be just silly.
Whoops I meant 'stairs going up'.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Classic iPhone LAT
LordOfPi13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LordOfPi13
I might try this but with a fading roof XD If I added stairs it would be interesting o_O I would also make a smaller house

Last edited by LordOfPi13; 07-14-2010 at 07:53 AM..