Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Well is there any other reason except the 'window opens at mouse' why you prefer the old playerlist over the new one? Both are docking, show player info when hovering over a name, support multiple selections etc.
Well, here is another problem people have with the playerlist I think:

- Each time a PM is opened, it actually populates their task bar with more windows. It would be nice if it would be possible to open a window externally without it showing as a task tied with Graal. For example, in V5 when someone opens a profile, it opens a new window but that new window is not added to the task bar. Would be nice if we could get an option for this, like "displayastask=true/false".

- I have suggested this one before, "alwaysontop=true" would cause the window to always be displayed on the top, and when Graal is minimized, it would be minimized, then when Graal is un-minimized, it would be un-minimized and brought into focus. This feature would make the playerlist seem much more natural, and also with the profile system.

- Another problem is that bringtofront() or showtop() aren't bringing external windows to the top of Graal.

Other than these scripting issues, I can't really imagine what else could be bothering people about the playerlist. I actually prefer it over the v5 playerlist after using it for a while now. The only issues are the ones I stated above and the mousex/y thing.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
About the GUI look: we have said several times that we can set a new default gui look in v6. If you know of good .wba styles then we could make one based on that.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I think the main problem with the new external list is that it's running at 20fps instead of 60fps, and it is noticeable. But this has been stated multiple times.

Also, I posted about it before but if you highlight text you have to keep the mouse in the text box when you let go or it stays in highlight mode. Very annoying.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:40 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Also, I posted about it before but if you highlight text you have to keep the mouse in the text box when you let go or it stays in highlight mode. Very annoying.
Ah yes, this is a quite annoying thing. When you highlight text, if you mouseup inside of a different control, the original one never receives the mouseup.

Another example of this is if you right-click someone to open their profile, then GraalControl never receives the mouseup event. It would be nice if the original object you clicked on, also received the mouseup (I mentioned this in the windows v6 beta on the main post).

Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
About the GUI look: we have said several times that we can set a new default gui look in v6. If you know of good .wba styles then we could make one based on that.
Most wba styles are just as ugly as the blue stuff we have now.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Most wba styles are just as ugly as the blue stuff we have now.
Do you have an example of something you would prefer?

Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Do you have an example of something you would prefer?
Not really. But the playerlist being all external and stuff, something fitting the style of Windows/your window manager would be cool. I noticed that when checking out the external F2 log, the white background contributes to the Windows-ish look. I assume it'd be possible to inherit an OS style on startup..?
Old 10-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
OS style on startup..?
YES! Do want.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well is there any other reason except the 'window opens at mouse' why you prefer the old playerlist over the new one? Both are docking, show player info when hovering over a name, support multiple selections etc.
It's mostly aesthetic and also the fact that the ingame is running at a noticeably lower framerate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	playerlist_oldvsnew.png
Views:	526
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	51777

Which one looks easier to read? To me the old one is superior in terms of readability. There's better contrast between text and the background (colors included), the font is crisper, and the dividers between staff, guild, etc are divided much more effectively.

I recently had a survey taken here, on UN, and Zodiac to see which playerlist the actual players are using.

Forums:
Ingame: 10
Normal: 37
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134260108

UN:
Ingame: 21
Normal: 52
(Voting house)

Zodiac:
Ingame: 26
Normal: 83
(Checked via NPC)

Just so you know I'm not the only one who prefers the normal one to the ingame one.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:45 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
You seem to be one of the few who don't get it, which isn't a surprise really because you don't even play Graal.
You say I don't 'get it' like it's a bad thing. You don't seem to 'get' why I and others prefer the 'internal' playerlist, either, and attempt to ridicule me for preferring it.

As for playing Graal, I'm one of many seasonal players.

Quote:
Which one looks easier to read? To me the old one is superior in terms of readability. There's better contrast between text and the background (colors included), the font is crisper, and the dividers between staff, guild, etc are divided much more effectively.
I honestly can read the blue one better. If it's really a matter of aesthetics, it shouldn't be difficult to create a GUI profile mimicking the look of the old 'external' playerlist.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
I honestly can read the blue one better. If it's really a matter of aesthetics, it shouldn't be difficult to create a GUI profile mimicking the look of the old 'external' playerlist.
There should be a default profile for the Playerlist. I tried using a Windows classic WBA that I found and the client GUIs in-game looked awful but the Playerlist looked similar to the external v5 version.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:07 AM
The Cat
Quote:
It's mostly aesthetic
The theme I'm using is quite nice

If we changed it to look something like this would it help anything?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	niceplayerlist.png
Views:	697
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	51779  

Old 10-04-2010, 12:08 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
You say I don't 'get it' like it's a bad thing. You don't seem to 'get' why I and others prefer the 'internal' playerlist, either, and attempt to ridicule me for preferring it.

As for playing Graal, I'm one of many seasonal players.
I ridicule you because you have not pointed out a reason as to why the external playerlist is not superior, considering its purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu
Yep, fix it yourself mentality right here. We'll mess it up, you worry about fixing it. np players.

Quote:

Honestly I can look over the performance drop if the playerlist could atleast look like the old one. By that I mean the dividers, spacing, font, etc. Then it should be ok.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
Quote:

What theme is this? Can you PM me the link?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:11 AM
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luda View Post
What theme is this? Can you PM me the link?
http://customize.org/windowblinds/themes/25036
I'm going to try to include it as a default playerlist skin because it really does work nicely.

Here's how profile windows look with it.

So as you can see, it really is possible for these systems to look nice. Just need to apply a new theme.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	niceprofile.png
Views:	678
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	51780  

Tags
graal v6