Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 08:30 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Era Updates!

I recommend that you read the bolded text if you don't want to read the entire list.

Businesses, Money, and Trade:

• The mall has been reopened, and has switched places with Town Hall. You can rent a stand here now to easily display and sell your items.
  • The hammer melee item is now sold at the melee shop.
  • Melee weapons are now more durable, and will not break as easily. This will help them compete with the axe.
  • Speedy Pizza and Greenroads Cafe now have "Top Stocker" lists to add a sense of competition to stocking.
  • Greenroads Cafe has increased prices and stock requirements to help reduce the reliance on espressos and cappuccinos. A stock limit has also been added, though this will likely never be reached.
  • Stat improvements (e.g. drinks from Greenroads Cafe) now display a bar beneath your player (which only you can see) which shows the amount of time you have until the effect wears off.
  • Food businesses now have "food spoiling" to prevent massive overstocking. Their stock limits have also been lowered.
  • Prices of pizza at Speedy Pizza have been lowered due to their heavier weight than competing player-owned businesses.
  • Profits gained from car missions and mining have been greatly increased, while profits gained from flower picking have been slightly decreased.
  • Radio stations have once again been reopened.

Player Killing:

• Speed levels have been removed from the game for good, as have treadmills.
  • Espressos can only be used to revive players once every two minutes, which should help during gang raids.
  • When a reviving item is dropped on a player, their hospital timer is reset half-way.
  • Players who are revived now have increased speed and HP.
  • A "Death Cup" drink has been released in the Event Shop. When this is dropped on a player, there are sent immediately to the hospital, eliminating the chance that another party may come in and revive them after you have left.
  • Deaths are now added as soon as a player dies (even if they are later revived), and not when they are hospitalized.
  • The boomerang speed has been increased, and its range has been decreased in order to make it a more viable PKing weapon. The glitch involving team kills has been fixed.

Bounty Hunter:

A new Bounty Hunter system has been added which will replace the old one. There are no longer a set team of Bounty Hunters; instead, anyone can now become a Bounty Hunter.

• You can place bounties on any player for $75 or more. You can also leave a personalized message which that player sees when they are killed by a Bounty Hunter (e.g. "You shouldn't have tripped me in second grade.")
  • You can visit the Bounty Hunter sewers (same location as before, right above Comic Club) to accept missions on a player, and you can then go and kill that player for payment.
  • Bounty Hunters have a "score", which has both a weekly and overall component, with the weekly scores resetting each week, of course. Bounty Hunters are sorted into a top five list, and each week, those who are in the top five list will receive bonuses such as increased max HP, and faster healing in beds.
  • A Bounty Hunter's score is determined by a number of factors, including the time taken to complete your mission, and if you were killed by your prey while hunting them.

Miscellaneous:
  • The old hospital has been restored.
  • "Fly bombs" (the small helicopter bombs that can be sent toward a certain spot where they explode) have been released in the EC shop.
  • Crabs have once again been added to shell digging. If these cause problems, they will be removed.
  • A new jail and GP system has been added. You can hope you don't have to see it.
  • A right-click profile menu has been added. Staff also have additional options in this menu to help with hosting of events and managing players. This can be disabled in the Options menu by clicking the wrench icon in the top-left corner of your screen.

Bug Fixes:
  • The Los Carteles sewer has been fixed and reconnected to the gang base.
  • Resting in a bed while you have more than your maximum HP (e.g. from a sewer elixer) no longer resets your HP down to your max.

Last edited by cbk1994; 05-30-2009 at 10:06 PM..
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Personally, I think you should just remove GRC entirely.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Cake'd
Nataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of lightNataxo is a glorious beacon of light
Niceee!

looking forward to Era News :-)
Old 05-30-2009, 09:55 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
The mall has been reopened, and has switched places with Town Hall. You can rent a stand here now to easily display and sell your items.
the past attempts at reviving the mall has failed hard with countless exploits so lets hope this one does well.

Quote:
Greenroads Cafe has increased prices and stock requirements to help reduce the reliance on espressos and cappuccinos. A stock limit has also been added, though this will likely never be reached.
this is good.

Quote:
Stat improvements (e.g. drinks from Greenroads Cafe) now display a bar beneath your player (which only you can see) which shows the amount of time you have until the effect wears off.
pretty neat, but I still think the system should change rather than using time.

Quote:
Food businesses now have "food spoiling" to prevent massive overstocking. Their stock limits have also been lowered.
I had a similar system that deleted a certain percent of stock every day. don't know why it was removed though :x

Quote:
Radio stats have once again been reopened.
what's a radio stat?

Quote:
Speed levels have been removed from the game for good, as have treadmills.
I think the gym should still exist, and in place of cappuccinos or javas, working out in the gym will give you a temp stat boost. it'll be good if people are actually working for their stat boost instead of chugging down a drink. the boost can last for like a half hour and take up to 5 minutes to get.

Quote:
When a reviving item is dropped on a player, their hospital timer is reset half-way.
great fix.

Quote:
Players who are revived now have increased speed and HP.
I think the 30 HP and old speed was fine, but it's not a big deal.

Quote:
A "Death Cup" drink has been released in the Event Shop. When this is dropped on a player, there are sent immediately to the hospital, eliminating the chance that another party may come in and revive them after you have left.
it sounds neat but I really don't think this will be used for its sole purpose. lets say you're raiding a gang and it's 3 v 1. you kill one guy, and you know that the other 2 are going to revive him after you die. what do you do? I don't see why anyone would run to his corpse to send him to the hospital because by the time you drop the cup on the player, you'll be dead from the other 2 people. you might as well kill the other 2 players instead of focusing on sending the other one to the hospital.

I also don't like the concept that a cup out of all things would send people to the hospital. it's bad enough we have coffee that revives people. I think it should be something else, not a "death cup"

Quote:
Bounty Hunter:
all BHer updates are great.

Quote:
The old hospital has been restored.
thank god.

Quote:
"Fly bombs" (the small helicopter bombs that can be sent toward a certain spot where they explode) have been released in the EC shop.
really neat. 1 ec for 5 bombs is also really sweet.

Quote:
A new jail and GP system has been added. You can hope you don't have to see it.
can you go into detail for us people that aren't trouble makers?
Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
the past attempts at reviving the mall has failed hard with countless exploits so lets hope this one does well.
I hope so, we are also soon going to add "bidding" so players can have their own "auctions" for their items.
Quote:
pretty neat, but I still think the system should change rather than using time.
And use what instead?
Quote:
what's a radio stat?
Meant to say stations, corrected, thanks.

Quote:
can you go into detail for us people that aren't trouble makers?
I'm surprised you haven't see it by now
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpsys.png
Views:	255
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	48591
Old 05-30-2009, 10:04 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
I hope so, we are also soon going to add "bidding" so players can have their own "auctions" for their items.
that'll be good.

Quote:
And use what instead?
number of steps

Quote:
Meant to say shops, corrected, thanks.
which brings me to a follow up question, what's a radio shop? unless you mean station? :P

Quote:
I'm surprised you haven't see it by now
I ABIDE THE LAW.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:25 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
which brings me to a follow up question, what's a radio shop? Unless you mean station?
FINE!

The next updates will contain Era News, a new ATM (I hope this makes it), the mall auctions, and some more smaller stuff.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Frankie9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Are deaths instant even in event levels?
I think the Bounty Hunter thing was a little over-the-top, but I'm sure the majority of players prefer it to the old one.
I think the new drink in the EC shop is a stupid idea.
When a player is revived, is their speed actually greater than 1.08 or is it greater than the speed it used to be?
The right click profile is probably great for new players; but I find it annoying and prefer the regular old one.

Everything else, I have no comment on. Finally an update, I guess it deserves a good job.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:07 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie9011 View Post
Are deaths instant even in event levels?
No, I'd like to do this, but others wouldn't like this at all.
Quote:
When a player is revived, is their speed actually greater than 1.08 or is it greater than the speed it used to be?
It's definitely below 1.08.
Quote:
The right click profile is probably great for new players; but I find it annoying and prefer the regular old one.
You can disable it in the options.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:05 AM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
I am looking forward to Era News.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanatoses is an unknown quantity at this point
Hm, why can't I reply to this?
Old 05-31-2009, 02:59 AM
UnKnown Confusion
Vman13x can only hope to improve
I noticed that for GP staff and such that theres an interrogating thing,Ive seen the level before but I dont think its necessary unless it has some other purpose?

I am also looking forward to Era News,so I can start writing articles again . I have a great idea,and ive already told nat. (Nat if you read this dont tell anyone the idea I told you)
Old 05-31-2009, 03:26 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman13x View Post
I noticed that for GP staff and such that theres an interrogating thing,Ive seen the level before but I dont think its necessary unless it has some other purpose?

I am also looking forward to Era News,so I can start writing articles again . I have a great idea,and ive already told nat. (Nat if you read this dont tell anyone the idea I told you)
It's not necessary, but it was around before, and I figured it'd just be a fun thing to add, and it only took about thirty seconds. If they're abusing it somehow, I'll remove it.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:39 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Hoping Era has interrogators like Jack Bauer, that would be sweet.