Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Banned
ThinkDifferent is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThinkDifferent Send a message via MSN to ThinkDifferent
Macintosh RC?

Is this even in the works? I am currently saving up for a powerbook and I have been told there is no RemoteControl client for it. Does anybody want to group together and make it? I have a few Mac programmer friends whom I will ask about helping. If interested get me on AIM (In profile) or email me (In sig) for forum pm me (C'mon now.)
Old 09-21-2004, 02:45 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDifferent
Is this even in the works? I am currently saving up for a powerbook and I have been told there is no RemoteControl client for it. Does anybody want to group together and make it? I have a few Mac programmer friends whom I will ask about helping. If interested get me on AIM (In profile) or email me (In sig) for forum pm me (C'mon now.)
I...think there is one. It's just not in the setup.exe - i think?

If there isn't one currently, I think there used to be for previous graal versions...

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 09-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I think I recall Stefan saying he was making one for mac?
Old 09-21-2004, 03:07 AM
Banned
Send a message via AIM to ThinkDifferent Send a message via MSN to ThinkDifferent
He better :P
Old 09-21-2004, 01:58 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It would be possible to make the Linux version compile on Mac, using Darwin or XWindows extension although it's not a very simple thing to setup. So the only way is to use the scripted RC of the new scripting engine, which will hopefully be released in a few weeks.

Update:
I have checked it once more. It is possible to compile it on Mac and bundle the gtk2 (gui) libraries with the RC package, so all you need is to install X11 or XDarwin to run it. This will take some weeks though since it is some work and we are currently trying to finish Graal3D.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Does anybody want to group together and make it?
Hell yes Sounds like a good reason to buy a Mac.
Except we would need Stefan's top secret knowledge of the arcana that is required to make it interact with the Graal server, which is not going to happen.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Banned
Loriel nice to see your post I am sure if we got a knowledgable and respectable team (And brought baseball bats to Stefan's house) that we could get everything we needed. I will talk to you on AIM
Old 09-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Banned
Slash-P2P is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am sure if we got a knowledgable and respectable team (And brought baseball bats to Stefan's house) that we could get everything we needed.
I'm sure candy would do the same thing.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:01 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Loriel nice to see your post I am sure if we got a knowledgable and respectable team (And brought baseball bats to Stefan's house) that we could get everything we needed. I will talk to you on AIM
A smile only gets you so far, Joker.

You're not going to get anything, Stefan already said to wait anyways.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 09-23-2004, 02:50 AM
Banned
Are you just trolling me around waiting for me to post so you can post your negativity right behind it?
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 PM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
The old RC it was able to do things with it, as it was just compressed. The new protocol is compressed and encrypted, which no one other than Stefan knows exactly how it's done. I've heard it was modified from an existing encryption, but I do not know for sure. Just wait for Stefan to do it >.<
Old 09-24-2004, 11:12 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The new Linux RC has been released, go to the download page to download it. For customizing the look edit ~/.graal/rc/controlconfig.txt.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:16 PM
WannaBe Scripter
VeX_RaT_Boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to VeX_RaT_Boy Send a message via AIM to VeX_RaT_Boy Send a message via Yahoo to VeX_RaT_Boy
YAY LINUX RC!!
Old 09-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The new Linux RC has been released, go to the download page to download it. For customizing the look edit ~/.graal/rc/controlconfig.txt.
I would like to suggest that the directory to load images from as well as the directory to save PMs to be as customisable as the directory to download files to, even if the first suggestion's implementation might require the user to restart. Though a button for on the fly skin updates would be cool++ as well.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:18 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
I like it, although I dislike the huge fonts. Maybe you could include something for setting the font/size etc.