Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Valikorlia Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I was told off by an autonomous robot and an anthropomorphic cat.
Robot? We have Warforged, but no robots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
I'm no biologist, but I am pretty sure Zorbi are more realistic than an elf. This is all based off of certain fish who do live on land though. They can't really walk though.
"Fish on land" sounds much more unrealistic than "humanoid with pointy ears". Not to mention that elves are a fantasy staple. I've never heard of Zorbies outside of Graal.

If any of you are actually interested in playing Valikorlia (which I don't think you are), then we have plenty of races to choose from. We don't really want to establish more, especially if they're pretty over-the-top for a 'medieval' fantasy roleplaying server.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:26 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
If any of you are actually interested in playing Valikorlia (which I don't think you are), then we have plenty of races to choose from.
Don't assume things, me and Pat very much so wanted to play Val, but between being met with hypocrisy and people being difficult, we, or at least I, had to leave.

And I've seen a lot more fish move around on land than steam punk robots.

I think Val's just not interested in new players
Old 07-29-2009, 12:20 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
Val was great when Jesse ran it, but since it went to clash (who killed it) the server has been in a downward spiral.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 AM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Don't assume things, me and Pat very much so wanted to play Val, but between being met with hypocrisy and people being difficult, we, or at least I, had to leave.
Why exactly did you want to play Valikorlia? Did you have an interest in text-based roleplaying, or did you log on just to log on? Without an interest in writing and text-based roleplaying, you aren't going to enjoy, understand, nor fit in on Valikorlia.

Quote:
And I've seen a lot more fish move around on land than steam punk robots.
Warforged are not steam-punk robots? They're not even robots. They're sentient constructs, similar to golems.

The simple answer is that fish-people, or whatever it is you're talking about, are too extreme for Valikorlia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim5354 View Post
Val was great when Jesse ran it, but since it went to clash (who killed it) the server has been in a downward spiral.
There are about 3 years and 3 managers between Clash and now...
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Warforged are not steam-punk robots? They're not even robots. They're sentient constructs, similar to golems.

The simple answer is that fish-people, or whatever it is you're talking about, are too extreme for Valikorlia.
Yeah, that's why I left, how is something is quite capable of existing more extreme than a golem?

Quote:
Why exactly did you want to play Valikorlia? Did you have an interest in text-based roleplaying, or did you log on just to log on? Without an interest in writing and text-based roleplaying, you aren't going to enjoy, understand, nor fit in on Valikorlia.
We logged on because it was impossible to RP on GK at the time. We're very open to text based RP, we're the kind of chumps who RP on Morrowind and actually stick to our own personal character's motives. It's not like we were hanging around trolling, we were really minding our own business, I think Pat tried to have an IC conversation, when we got called out for not making sense.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valwiki
Warforged are a race of living constructs, roughly resembling humans in physiology and mental faculty, that exist primarily on the northern continents of Kharlia. Warforged are built, not born, and the original warforged came after several experiments on normal constructs by the race's progenitor, Cahfei Shadespeak. Imbued with a spark of the divine, warforged have souls and require certain needs just like any other living creature, though their needs are wildly different than that of normal humanoids. Originally crafted by the Legacy as construct shells to house human souls, the little understood processes of their creation mistakenly imbued the Warforged with sentience and life. The first order scrapped, the new designation would have them adapted for war. Later, freed from their creators, the Warforged set out to prove themselves as acceptable members of mortal society.
You're telling me that's not fantasy? Let me put it this way, all of your approved races are fantasy. Most don't even have a plausible explanation to their existence, unless you incorporate the fantasy element. Zorbi, on the other hand, are simply fish that evolved the ability to walk and talk like any other sentient being.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Hired/Fired
CharlieM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CharlieM Send a message via MSN to CharlieM
I'd play Val if there was Zorbi

"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

Eric Hoffer

turned that one on you didn't I.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:44 AM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
We logged on because it was impossible to RP on GK at the time. We're very open to text based RP, we're the kind of chumps who RP on Morrowind and actually stick to our own personal character's motives. It's not like we were hanging around trolling, we were really minding our own business, I think Pat tried to have an IC conversation, when we got called out for not making sense.
Valikorlia, like any tight-knit, relatively small, 10-year-old roleplaying community, is filled with trolls. You ignore them. If they persist, you report them. If the GP, or whoever you reported it to, doesn't do anything, report them to another staff member and report that staff member, too. Sooner or later it will be dealt with. In the mean time, why not just find a secluded area? Most people do that when they want to roleplay with just a friend or two. It not only prevents OOC commentators (which is actually a jail-able offense), but it prevents unwelcome characters from butting in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABAL49 View Post
You're telling me that's not fantasy? Let me put it this way, all of your approved races are fantasy. Most don't even have a plausible explanation to their existence, unless you incorporate the fantasy element. Zorbi, on the other hand, are simply fish that evolved the ability to walk and talk like any other sentient being.
Hm. Let me put it this way. A year and half ago, or maybe a bit longer, we had an RPA (Roleplaying Administrator; in charge of managing the server's IC world) that wanted to do an event with sentient fruit beings. That was silly. Walking sentient fish is are just as silly.

We have elves, Drow, weird raptor/bird people (not my cup of tea, obviously), Orcs, high elves, Warforged, vampires, angels, demons, tieflings, devils, psionic things with tentacles on their face, Kender, imps, Gloomkin (imps born out of garbage), lizardmen, satyrs, ogres, dwarfs, and some other races. Why are fish-people the sicking point?

I should mention that while a lot of the races we have might be just as odd as fish-people, they were created during a less 'realistic' time. New anthro races are pretty taboo nowadays, which is why I say that fish-people are "too extreme" for Valikorlia.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Lv
DarkRenji is a jewel in the roughDarkRenji is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to DarkRenji
You have all those stupid races, but you can't have the Zorbi race?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:39 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Why are fish-people the sicking point?
Because the exist all over Graal, especially among people who like to RP.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:08 PM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRenji View Post
You have all those stupid races, but you can't have the Zorbi race?
Bear in mind that I'm not the end-all decider on these things. I've just observed what races are successful nowadays, and fish-people is pretty out there. You can try. There is an emerging effort to try and make Valikorlia even more fantasy, or so I hear. But a fish-people race wouldn't be named the Zorbi race. Be more original.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Shamed Zorbi
CABAL49 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to CABAL49
Quote:
Bear in mind that I'm not the end-all decider on these things. I've just observed what races are successful nowadays, and fish-people is pretty out there. You can try. There is an emerging effort to try and make Valikorlia even more fantasy, or so I hear. But a fish-people race wouldn't be named the Zorbi race. Be more original.
The whole point is to add the Zorbi race.
What logical reason is there to implement your view of right/wrong?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Val players need to realize you still use the Graal client to log on Val, and on Graal there are Zorbis .
Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 PM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
Val players need to realize you still use the Graal client to log on Val, and on Graal there are Zorbis .
Valikorlia existed when Zorbies belonged on Zora, or whatever. You forget that Valikorlia has existed for as long as Graal has. We don't have the same canon. We don't need it. When Graal was building its own, we were building our own.

I've think I've gotten my post across. If anybody wants more information on races, they can send me a PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Valikorlia, like any tight-knit, relatively small, 10-year-old roleplaying community, is filled with trolls. You ignore them. If they persist, you report them.
I guess trolls aren't an acceptable race.

Why would you want this to end? This is the most recognition Valikorlia has gained in a long time, and could possibly end in some more player activity.

How about instead of denying us, you give us some guidelines on what to change about our race to make it more acceptable to you? Then everyone is happy.

Changing the name of our race insults our honor and pride.

Last edited by BigBear3; 08-01-2009 at 02:04 PM..
Closed Thread