Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
There's a new site making the rounds that allows people to simply enter a Skype username to retrieve their IP. There's no privacy settings in Skype to prevent this, it's due to it's P2P nature of the service that it's possible. The only way to get around it is to use a Proxy or VPN.

Malicious players on Zodiac are currently using it to DoS each other as a result.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Skype resolvers have been around for a while now, its also quite simple to get someone's IP through skype (if you have them on your friends list).

Some players on era have also reported this happening to them, as-well as some previous/current staff members.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Does this actually affect the victims measurably? Do they get bumped off the server or something?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Does this actually affect the victims measurably? Do they get bumped off the server or something?
I'm guessing they just lag.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Some have reported lagging out completely and been disconnected from it.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
If the DoS is distributed over many PCs (DDoS) it can even knock the player offline from his internet :/ which would obviously disconect them fromt he server too. :C
Old 03-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
To clear this up a little more, this can be a big problem. Years ago a single person (using a botnet?) was capable of at the single push of a button dc'ing my entire internet untill they felt like allowing me back on. Skype isn't the only way to get a person's IP, you can use PM/MASS messages too (tho I wont explain how).

I've seen people even go as far as to enter the default admin password into router and change password blocking all access. I had to push a button to reset the router.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
To clear this up a little more, this can be a big problem. Years ago a single person (using a botnet?) was capable of at the single push of a button dc'ing my entire internet untill they felt like allowing me back on. Skype isn't the only way to get a person's IP, you can use PM/MASS messages too (tho I wont explain how).

I've seen people even go as far as to enter the default admin password into router and change password blocking all access. I had to push a button to reset the router.
All hail dynamic IPs. Also, your fault for keeping the default router password.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:38 PM
asdfg
You must have really pissed the guy off O-o
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
gotta' ddos those kids to stop them from idling on graal
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
All hail dynamic IPs. Also, your fault for keeping the default router password.
Sadly at the time it was at my parents house, and THERE router. Every time I set a password and they messed with it it would get reset. Im wondering if maybe they needed access and just didn't know now that I think of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
You must have really pissed the guy off O-o
Nah, I didn't think he could so I said go ahead.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Tenchry
Tenchry_P2P is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tenchry_P2P Send a message via MSN to Tenchry_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Some have reported lagging out completely and been disconnected from it.
well currently the servers are going like **** so not sure if we're all getting DDoS'd or stefan raped something, but the 2 people that I know DDoS are Thermometer3 and theawsomeone if that helps.

Thermo is known to do it by anyone ant theawsome is running around threatening "i have your ip i got vpn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2020 View Post
Fail. Its because the forums are more fun than the actual game.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchry_P2P View Post
Thermo is known to do it by anyone ant theawsome is running around threatening "i have your ip i got vpn"
I should have him DoS me. I'm sure my university will love it, if he can even cause any impact, considering the 10 or something Gbit network we have.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
It's a good thing I just don't log on anymore ._.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Have you considered DDoSing him? Fight fire with fire!

Edit: Try closing un-used ports.