Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Smile PC Access to iPhone Servers

Since we're on the verge of the highly-anticipated and monumental changes to many aspects of Graal, I was wondering, instead of making separate iPhone/Facebook servers for each PC server, why not just delete PC Servers and open iPhone servers to everyone?

Ex. Remove Era and open iEra to all?

I mean, this would probably be lucrative in many aspects, such as, development, finance, and overall simplicity.
By having one area for each server, you magnify the administrative focus, the player base focus, and etc.

I mean, to be quite frank, it'd be difficult for someone to make the argument to keep most PC servers, when most of their playerbase dwindles. Only server that really does hold its own, firmly and consistently is Zodiac. Otherwise than that, Era's playercount is extremely unstable, as-is Unholy Nation's, and the rest of the servers aren't even worth naming.

Not to mention their developmental staff can't get it together, and they're overall more trouble than they're worth. Players on all these servers would MUCH rather join in the fun on the iPhone servers. Larger playerbase, more competition, and overall, just SEEMS more organized.

Just a thought though.
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...hp?t=134264943
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
PC players are poison don't let them poison iPhone any further!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
PC players are poison don't let them poison iPhone any further!!!
I may be green but I'm not toxic.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:18 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I may be green but I'm not toxic.
You provide support for the poison on a daily basis and know of their toxicity.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
You provide support for the poison on a daily basis and know of their toxicity.
There isn't a whole lot of poison left.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
Since we're on the verge of the highly-anticipated and monumental changes to many aspects of Graal, I was wondering, instead of making separate iPhone/Facebook servers for each PC server, why not just delete PC Servers and open iPhone servers to everyone?

Ex. Remove Era and open iEra to all?

I mean, this would probably be lucrative in many aspects, such as, development, finance, and overall simplicity.
By having one area for each server, you magnify the administrative focus, the player base focus, and etc.

I mean, to be quite frank, it'd be difficult for someone to make the argument to keep most PC servers, when most of their playerbase dwindles. Only server that really does hold its own, firmly and consistently is Zodiac. Otherwise than that, Era's playercount is extremely unstable, as-is Unholy Nation's, and the rest of the servers aren't even worth naming.

Not to mention their developmental staff can't get it together, and they're overall more trouble than they're worth. Players on all these servers would MUCH rather join in the fun on the iPhone servers. Larger playerbase, more competition, and overall, just SEEMS more organized.

Just a thought though.
Stefan has already talked about removing era and opening up iEra to all, so hopefully he go's threw with it.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
Either way, I was referring to such a change for all servers. It seems so much more lucrative to focus everything through one medium. Remove the "iEra" label or "i" whatever, and just call the server its name. Allowing access to it from all mediums. That to me seems like it'd really optimize your player-count troubles and etc.

Furthermore, you can probably afford more technical support to that ONE server two, rather than having your attention widely spread throughout multiple versions of the same thing -_-.

But, oh, I wasn't aware... when did he make this announcement?
"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all." - Ecclesiastes 9:11
Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
why dont we close iEra and open Era for all ;D?

nah but it makes no sense for the real graal to be so neglected, these iservers and whatever should have been available to all under one account. :I
Old 02-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Stefan said he wanted to make iZone one server (PC,Facebook,iClient) so I'm sure iEra/iClassic/iWhatever will soon follow.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
PC graal is really dying. Keep it for development, thats all I think it should be there for. Mobile is the new PC.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Stefan said you all suck.

These forums are so full of "stefan says", wheres the proof guys!

Else don't spread rumors
Old 02-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
This whole request seems to be becoming something of an ad nauseam. The reasons against it have been stated multiple times, if it was really that simple I'm sure it would have been done already.

The main reason against has to be the fact that PC users would be at such a high advantage to mobile users.
Why not try to utilize this technological advantage towards creating a higher quality version of the game?

It's also clear that while Stefan and Unixmad are (understandably) cautious over the fact that PC Graal is a player ran & developed game, who says this has to be a disadvantage?
It's something which does have an appeal to it, but isn't being fully exploited.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Stefan said you all suck.

These forums are so full of "stefan says", wheres the proof guys!

Else don't spread rumors
Rumors? What rumors?
Alf
Come at me bro.
for
Oh wait, I don't think you should
life, right?
Yeah I really think you shouldn't.

Last edited by dude2020; 02-02-2012 at 01:47 AM.. Reason: Even more win.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
The main reason against has to be the fact that PC users would be at such a high advantage to mobile users.
You do realize that "PC users" can play the iPhone server through Facebook right?