Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 AM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
bring it back

I'm happy to help where I can from a code perspective if there is any hope left.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:44 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
bring it back

I'm happy to help where I can from a code perspective if there is any hope left.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:38 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
bring it back

Last I checked the server was in 75% working order. The main problem was that so many things were scripted in older Gscript language, and trying to fix or update one thing often requires you to fix and update another thing.

Somebody get spark some RC access pronto.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:18 PM
old school.
Sparkplug will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Sparkplug
I'd be down to tinker and help if that is actually a possibility. I'm no pro in gscript but coding is coding and sure I'm sure I could make a difference.

If anyone has power to make it happen I am happy to take a look! PM me / message here and we can figure it out
Old 03-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
I still hold out random hope this server would return. *sigh*

Btw a lot of veteran graalians in this thread.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:33 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman58 View Post
I still hold out random hope this server would return. *sigh*
Old 03-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Not back yet? Welp, cya in another 5 years when I check again.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 03-23-2016, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt1zzle View Post
Not back yet? Welp, cya in another 5 years when I check again.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
So whoever owns G2K1 why not just open the server up? I mean honestly it sitting in the shadows with no one to be able to connect and from what I hear most systems still work fine, why would it hurt to have it accessible even if it nevers goes back on the server list? I mean honestly you would probably bring a lot of the old playerbase out of hiding to see it alive and functioning again.

I mean overall my opinion means nothing, but really I see allowing us to play it again causing no harm.

One can only dream I guess...
Old 04-24-2016, 03:43 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I finally got a response from MysticalDragon today.

Quote:
I'm not into reviving servers.
Thoughts?

In my opinion it's an irrelevant conclusion because nobody asked him to develop it (in fact we'd be happy if you didn't touch it..)
Old 04-24-2016, 03:45 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
How come he was in to reviving Delteria? Or is not being in to reviving servers only a recent development?
Old 04-24-2016, 03:52 PM
G2k1
Even worse, why was he sending me forum PMs asking me to be the lead developer? He gave me RC access with full rights and told me I had the job if I wanted it, and I never even logged into Delteria once because I was simply not interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon;
I set you up with Level 4 rc to run the team if interested (Delteria iPhone)
Later he messaged me with this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon;
I said you have a choice, GK OR Delteria.
All I want to do is fix and open Graal2001, I don't see what's so controversial about it especially after he was trying to hand me every failed server he could give RC access to just months previously.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:58 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
He said that he wants UN to be left open so that oldbies can still enjoy it. How come the same principle can't be applied to Graal 2001?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 AM
G2k1
Now he says someone else is running Graal2001, but he won't tell me who it is. My guess is Rufus, the single individual who hates Graal2001 so much that he for some reason has been appointed manager in the past. He literally told me that his goal in controlling Graal2001 is to make sure no one ever gets to play it because he hates the server. I personally wonder how a newbie that never played Graal2001 is even able to articulate an opinion on the matter (better yet manage the server).

I don't see what's so hard about randomly taking that person's rights on Graal2001 away from them with no warning or reason, I mean they had no problem doing that to Skyld and myself.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Now he says someone else is running Graal2001, but he won't tell me who it is. My guess is Rufus, the single individual who hates Graal2001 so much that he for some reason has been appointed manager in the past. He literally told me that his goal in controlling Graal2001 is to make sure no one ever gets to play it because he hates the server. I personally wonder how a newbie that never played Graal2001 is even able to articulate an opinion on the matter (better yet manage the server).

I don't see what's so hard about randomly taking that person's rights on Graal2001 away from them with no warning or reason, I mean they had no problem doing that to Skyld and myself.
I understand that you're struggling to gain traction on a revival, but why lie? I have never ever said to you "[my] goal in controlling Graal2001 is to make sure no one ever gets to play it because [I] hate the server."