Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2012, 05:04 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
your amazing reason and persuasion skills have made me seen the light!

****ing idiot
I never explained my reasoning because your post was almost three weeks old and it seemed like a waste to explain something if you might not read it. I replied to test the waters and to see if you were still active.

Now I don't even want to debate it because I feel all your reply would be is an insult riddled with profanity.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by haro41 View Post
awesome map, but you should design the map around the story/dungeons, and not the other way around.
You're right. We have a basic story line, and it fits perfectly with the map created. Our story will actually relate to the tile set in some areas on the gmap. This is why we/i will not hire lats until the structure of the gmap is finished. That continent posted is 100% now besides monsters roaming.

We have a floating island main town for players who do not want to be involved with the story, or quests. People who want to get on and spar/pk don't even have to go anywhere besides the main town. Although, not doing quest, content like guild houses, player wings, mounts, money, story, items, weapons, some events and more will be missed out.

As far as levels/gfx go, I've redone almost everything, and now i'm working on inside levels. Once we finish some scripts, the insides for all the outside created, we will request a preview.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Armageddon Son
Decus_Arillias is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
When I was working on Arca I had this idea that there would just be the main city that you could wander around freely. For dungeons and other areas you'd select them from a list and get transported to the first level. Depending on what it was, it would be instanced for you and your party.

Also, WOW. I really like that. Especially how you have the sky and then the mountains. Maybe have the water coming out of the side of the mountain for that waterfall? Seems kinda weird to just have a little puddle feeding that lake. Maybe also make the waterfall kinda stair stepped too.
This is pretty much how we're doing Roak. But we have other towns to interact with the story. Quests will be instanced, and we will have guild / group quests also. I just want to point out, this server is an improvement of graal CLASSIC style gameplay. We will not have any type of level up systems for pking, everyone is equal when it comes to sparring/pking. We will have a level system that fits in with the classic style, like the lv1-lv4 glove, but we will have higher levels for the hammer, and gathering. For example, a LV4 shovel can dig through ice. Other Improvements would be your shield can block hits, smart npcs who "can spar good" for quests, bows, bombs, hookshot, dash, sword charge spin, all have important reasons to roaks gameplay, the ideas that made graal fun in the past, are back with improvements and purpose.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Making Levels
zerxusgraal will become famous soon enough
Sounds Awesome
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
It's nice to see that I inspired other artists

Old 12-26-2012, 07:02 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
dat sky man. really cool stuff here
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I never explained my reasoning because your post was almost three weeks old and it seemed like a waste to explain something if you might not read it. I replied to test the waters and to see if you were still active.

Now I don't even want to debate it because I feel all your reply would be is an insult riddled with profanity.
so you responded without thinking i would respond?

yea, ok
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
I'd like to see something better for the UI and inventory visual design. The colors seem lacking feeling and it just seems clunky/unrefined. Good things happening here though, keep it going. Send me a forum PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
Finished our npc dialog. We're probably going to end up improving on it later but it is complete, fits the server, and works.

Next up is the quests and quest trackers. I'm also working on the movement system when I get sick of this other stuff. It will really piece what we are doing together and show how much you can interact with the world compared to a typical graal server.

I've also added a 2nd selected weapon to fire as well, and a few little things here and there like moving npcs (which I'm still adding to as well).

I'm also going to revamp our guild system, auction house, shop system, and are continuing to clean up as much as possible the weapons and code that are already there to make them quicker and more effecient (any experienced people want to help please forum pm me, it's just me and one other guy that is one when he can be).

All in all, progress is good and steady it seems. Once I can get these things out of the way I'm going to move on to events and such.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Looking good, man. Looking really good. Keep it up!
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
so you responded without thinking i would respond?

yea, ok
No, I expected a reply but I didn't expect you to be so hostile. What I expected was your reasons why a small overworld was a good idea, and then I would go from there.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
No, I expected a reply but I didn't expect you to be so hostile. What I expected was your reasons why a small overworld was a good idea, and then I would go from there.
what you originally quoted me responding to is the reason. overworlds are typically big, and yet most players only really use maybe 5 of them. especially in regards to under construction servers, why waste time making this gigantic overworld when players won't actually use them?

if you have a good reason for it, like exploration or something, then it can work. but typically it is just a waste of space and development time.

also if you reread your original response, you are not exactly friendly. hurr obv. no dev think it gud cuz duh l0l its not
Old 12-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Cyril Rain
Quote:
if you have a good reason for it, like exploration or something, then it can work. but typically it is just a waste of space and development time.
I dunno if you remember but we do have plans for a large OW to matter. Especially for quests and guilds. Like Decus said we have a "floating island" with almost everything any normal player would use there to just sit, spar, and pk.

Granted most players do the latter; sit, spar, and pk. We're not going to leave multiple plans for quests, a story, and guild events out though and it requires quite a good size of OW to accomplish what we need.

I do understand what you're saying but it's not just wasted space, most of it is necessary to what we are doing on the server.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
I dunno if you remember but we do have plans for a large OW to matter. Especially for quests and guilds. Like Decus said we have a "floating island" with almost everything any normal player would use there to just sit, spar, and pk.

Granted most players do the latter; sit, spar, and pk. We're not going to leave multiple plans for quests, a story, and guild events out though and it requires quite a good size of OW to accomplish what we need.

I do understand what you're saying but it's not just wasted space, most of it is necessary to what we are doing on the server.
it might feel necessary for what you plan for the server, but does it fit into your plan to get onto the classic tab? as long as it seems feasible, then i guess go for it. but if that island is not completed and instead you're focusing mostly on the large overworld which may or may not be used regularly, it may end up being a waste of time if you don't actually make it.

as long as it's within reach of both completing what you envision for the server and getting onto the classic tab, then it's fine. but i'd say the latter is more important because the former can be worked on once the foundation is done.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Cyril Rain
It in fact does fit into the plan to get on classic tab, thus is why it is necessary...

I'm really not trying to argue about it. The plan me and Decus have for the server is a complete plan, so we are following through on all of those levels of development and not just one?

Again, don't feel like arguing about it. This is neither the thread nor do I really have time. If you want to continue discussion on the topic please use forum PM.