Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman58 View Post
Stefan's comments about Era iPhone being superior makes me believe they are going to let PC Graal rot and die.
That's because he's already given his idea of what's he's focused on lol.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
That's because he's already given his idea of what's he's focused on lol.
With good reason, PC graal is not making much money. Even though its a nice 2D platform, it doesnt get as much attention then it would on the iphone.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:40 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
it doesnt get as much attention then it would on the iphone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BvQS2Z3Q#t=53s

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
I still don't get it, what has player number or my focus to do with the quality of the server? It's just that Snk is doing a really good job and there are several good staff on the server.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
it doesnt get as much attention then it would on the iphone.
I think this just goes to show much difference some advertisement (in iPhone's case, being visible in the App Store) can make.
But obviously it's not that simple, there's not a large amount of decent gameplay on Graal to advertise, which is more important given the much stronger competition, nor is there an appealing subscription policy potential players would see as a good deal.

Expanding on the much stronger competition on the PC platform compared to iPhone, there is a market for retro style gaming Graal isn't properly tapping into.

Taking a look at Facebook, it seems as if most players have created an alternate account to play it, perhaps because they're too embarrassed to be seen as a player of it by their friends?
Now imagine if there was a server of such an improved standard, that most players might not be so embarrassed to be spotted playing it?
There's a potential advertising tool at no extra financial expense.

I personally hope that in the event of PC Classic somehow making significant income, some of that could be re-invested towards advertisement via Youtube, something I'm already using to display new content and features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I still don't get it, what has player number or my focus to do with the quality of the server? It's just that Snk is doing a really good job and there are several good staff on the server.
I agree that Snk is doing a terrific job on iEra, however PC Era has been through years of much worse external circumstances inflicted upon all of PC Graal. Even if it had an excellent staff team, there's only so much they'd realistically be able to accomplish while PC Graal itself is in its current state.

Last edited by ffcmike; 02-20-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Then instead of boasting about one being of higher quality than the other, how about getting involved and helping improve it? I'm sorry if that sounds direct, but it seems like there's a lot of "This is better than that" coming from people who have the ability to contribute, developers and directors alike, but not a lot of hands getting dirty to fix it.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Then instead of boasting about one being of higher quality than the other, how about getting involved and helping improve it? I'm sorry if that sounds direct, but it seems like there's a lot of "This is better than that" coming from people who have the ability to contribute, developers and directors alike, but not a lot of hands getting dirty to fix it.
I totally agree! Nicely put.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Then instead of boasting about one being of higher quality than the other
I was defending the iPhone server, because someone made it look like it's just ****. I've not said that the PC Era is bad.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matman58 View Post
I think I died a little inside...not because of me being an Era player, but because that just about confirms they have given up on PC Graal. If I remember correctly when they were launching the iPhone/Facebook stuff they said a new level editor was coming as well and here we are without it still. Stefan's comments about Era iPhone being superior makes me believe they are going to let PC Graal rot and die.
I don't see what the big deal is. The iPhone servers ARE more successful, those are facts.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Former PW Admin
Matman58 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Matman58 Send a message via AIM to Matman58 Send a message via Yahoo to Matman58
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. The iPhone servers ARE more successful, those are facts.
They are more successful because they are advertised as stated previously in this thread. The point being is if some effort was done to advertise and push PC Graal either through YouTube or other forms of advertising we very well could see a resurgence of players in PC Graal. Also when you say they ARE more successful I assume that is just based on player count. Which yes they are, but if you look at content available there are servers on PC Graal that run circles around iPhone servers.

I will also say I am making my comments more towards Classic iPhone as all I have seen happen all that server is PK, Spar, and witness hundreds of adolescents ask for people to be their boyfriend or girlfriend. To me that doesn't define quality. It is just Classic dumb down to be used as a Social Network. I will say I have played very little of iPhone Era, but the little I played to me seemed like there was actually quality involved there with content to be completed by players so I will give Era iPhone the credit it deserves. With all this said, all PC Graal needs is more market penetration through advertising.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
just so you guys know, popularity and quality have nothing to do with eachother

Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
iEra has a marriage system.

iEra 1 - Era 0
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

iEra 1 - Era 0
....So with a marriage System PC Era will get 200 more Players? Cool

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

iEra 1 - Era 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
....So with a marriage System PC Era will get 200 more Players? Cool
Era already has a marriage system. It's not much of a system and I don't know how many people still use it (it is quite helpful to negate damaging your "partner" during combat) but it's been there for quite a long time.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

iEra 1 - Era 0
Era has had the marriage system long before iEra was built..