FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 03:51 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Maybe so but he's just getting in the chair, would you expect to be hammered with this all at once? Sure brainstorming is one thing but to have a full solid plan is not to be expected.
i would fully expect to be hammered with all of this at once from day 1
Old 03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you need to start from scratch and totally remake Unholy Nation, mostly levelwise. Then make the server more newbie friendly, change the quests and add something original.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
I think you need to start from scratch and totally remake Unholy Nation, mostly levelwise. Then make the server more newbie friendly, change the quests and add something original.
Quite a few of Unholy Nations levels make my eyes bleed ;[
Old 03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
FuManchu is an unknown quantity at this point
UN is so ugly because most of the LATs go with the now-generic red tile patterns instead of doing something unique.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM
married to Okilian
Okilian will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Okilian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Quests will take anywhere from 2 - 48 hours to complete all of them..

....then what?
Then you add various other things. I just started the ball rolling on ideas.

Quote:
I think by changing around UN's levels too much you take away from what is UN. Each server that is classic has it's own feel for it. Like it or not, UN has a style that isn't Era or Npulse or even Classic.

I do agree some levels need a bit of patching up, but revamping them all...not so much.

Last edited by Sam; 03-18-2010 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I definitely agree 100%.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okilian View Post
I think by changing around UN's levels too much you take away from what is UN. Each server that is classic has it's own feel for it. Like it or not, UN has a style that isn't Era or Npulse or even Classic.

I do agree some levels need a bit of patching up, but revamping them all...not so much.
Most of the old Unholy Nation levels prior to the reset are long gone, and replaced with newer and newer levels (even the playerhouses). The only towns which remain relatively the same as they used to be are delta, towncenter, and trent.

I've suggested before a possible makeover of the overworld but then I also thought it wouldn't be too plausible with UN at the moment. Reconstruction of certain towns/forests would be a plus.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
married to Okilian
I think a thing that should be done more than the OW is the insides of levels. Some of them are for people not around any more.

I'll probably post my idea on the UN Forum itself. Something that was in the works but stopped.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i would fully expect to be hammered with all of this at once from day 1
Yeah I should have said it differently.

Okay he's just getting into the position but would you expect to have a plan COMPLETELY devised? Now just don't say yes so it seems like I'm mistaken but I know just about everyone in this thread would say no.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 PM
married to Okilian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Yeah I should have said it differently.

Okay he's just getting into the position but would you expect to have a plan COMPLETELY devised? Now just don't say yes so it seems like I'm mistaken but I know just about everyone in this thread would say no.
Though in talking to him, he has a plan in the works. Seems to want to do some good tasks.

And I think supporting him, telling him what we would like to see is a great plan. If you log onto UN and go to those forums, I am starting some discussions about what I think would be great to see.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okilian View Post

Yes, but what IS UN? What is it Style? Unholy Nation has lost it identity many years ago. I think a lot of people are sick and tired and want something new and fresh, out with the old in with the new. The only people who don't want to change it because they want to keep the so called "UN Spirit" are you and the other previous managers/oldbies who never play there anymore either. As long as nothing major is going to happen, people wont notice the small additions. New events added, Pet System, Paintball Game etc etc. These "new" things will die after a week.
Like it or not - that's how it is.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:09 PM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Vima is right, you have to look for the long-term effect on the server.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Well if Backdraft doesn't make Obama-style change to the server you can expect him to follow the same route as Streety.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Yes, but what IS UN? What is it Style? Unholy Nation has lost it identity many years ago. I think a lot of people are sick and tired and want something new and fresh, out with the old in with the new. The only people who don't want to change it because they want to keep the so called "UN Spirit" are you and the other previous managers/oldbies who never play there anymore either. As long as nothing major is going to happen, people wont notice the small additions. New events added, Pet System, Paintball Game etc etc. These "new" things will die after a week.
Like it or not - that's how it is.
If that is so, you might as well not call it Unholy Nation.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
UN has always been a conglomeration of whatever players want to see. That IS their style. While I completely agree that UN has reached a point its become a mess, I don't think changing its tiling style is going to make a bit of difference overall. Downsizing it some. Fixing broken scripts, removing abusive tools and useless weapons wouldn't hurt. Converting to gs2 would be a major undertaking and really is a necessity but the server has now been uploaded to dev so the team should be able to address some of these issues without interrupting main too badly.