Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015, 11:26 AM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Too much anti-fun

Remember when people complained incessantly about food? Well now we have healing crates, helicopters, at least 5 different traps, etc. I think this stuff retracts from the fun of the game and should either be toned down or removed. I think anyone who played 4 years ago or more can recognize that the playerbase pks like a bunch of cowards now (in 2011 they would have been blacklisted from all gangs for this crap) and I think these items play a part. Why actually try and outskill someone when you can just run through a door to a conveniently placed healthcrate where you can now just odachi or axe the door and technically win. There's little to no balanced counterplay for this crap, please reformat. I believe the server needs to start thinking of how it's going to improve gameplay rather than "introduce new content"

Last edited by ooger; 05-29-2015 at 11:54 AM..
Old 05-29-2015, 07:02 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
These posts keep popping up. You need to realize that the whole server would need an almost entire overhaul for anything good happening in that department. The core gameplay concepts of Era don't allow decent balance or fair fights.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:32 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
agreed, nobody really knows about the essential things... people just think updates solve everything, while it does the reverse

Old 05-30-2015, 01:57 PM
My last sentence addressed what both of you just said. "New content" and shortsightedness is what has driven the game into further oblivion. For instance healing crates, great idea in the beginning it was fun and random and let you have some party based fun, but it's heavily abused and there is no balanced counterplay. Hell I was surprised when the crate didn't disappear when I landed a grenade right on top of it, you have to pump those things with like 400 dmg to get rid of them. I agree that it would be quite a task to reverse all of these changes and figure out a good balanced system, but it would make the game much more enjoyable for me and I'm sure a few others.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:08 PM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
To be quite honest... Era is screwed.. Most accounts are banned from kids with ego problems becoming staff and banning people permanently.
The community that Era once had from 2005-2010 no longer exists, all of the oldbies have moved on or their account is banned
The current staff team has no motivation for anything new on Era. They do absolutely nothing for the players.
The gang system is trash. Gang Events aren't hosted, when they are MVP Coins aren't given out or any special prizes
All of the guns are .05 freeze now. It takes no skill to PK Anymore.
There is jack **** to do, no new content, everyone idles at unstick. Only fun things to do are collect guns and play events. Forget raiding who does that anymore?
The game is going no where, really fast. There are no advertisements for Graal whatsoever. Only thing they advertise is the iPhone/Android edition of Zone and Era which has 7,200 players on right now. Vs 60 people on here.
The Events Team doesn't seem to exist, no one is ever hosting, look right now not one damned ET is on. Not to mention the events are boring as **** now, no new ones, no new good ones.. We got PK Flag Tag which is new and fun, that's it.
Overall lack of content, lack of enthuasism from the staff, no improvements, no intentions of improving anything, oldbies are gone, nothing new at all, no advertisements staff do not listen to the players whatsoever they think they know what's best for the game...Not to mention the Owner of Graal (Stephane Portha/Unixmad). Not to mention when Unixmad fired Stefan the developer last year.. that was it... This game is toast.

It really sucks as I enjoyed playing Era.. I grew up playing this game and now its just dead... It has a chance to change and be better but no one really seems to care anymore.. The current Manager Sage has done absolutely nothing productive.. Israfel was Era's only chance and the ****head MD had to fire him.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 PM
elite_master is an unknown quantity at this point
School is out.. It's Sunday at 7:27pm EST.. Typically there are normally 80+ players on. Right now there are 51 people online.. 4 staff on RC...
Old 06-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
pay some people to play.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:41 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
I've got to say that I began playing era about a decade ago, and "running" has always been an issue. Nobody was ever "blacklisted" from gangs for running. If anything running is much less an issue these days since you can't eat food while running around, cannot exit a gang base after PKing and cannot find safety by running into a no-pk zone after having pked. Much better these days than it used to be.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:40 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by natchez416 View Post
I've got to say that I began playing era about a decade ago, and "running" has always been an issue. Nobody was ever "blacklisted" from gangs for running. If anything running is much less an issue these days since you can't eat food while running around, cannot exit a gang base after PKing and cannot find safety by running into a no-pk zone after having pked. Much better these days than it used to be.
There was an Era not long after you quit and stopped playing once Cutrale died down where players were frowned upon runnings, probably something Wil Soul made players believe.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
There was an Era... where players were frowned upon runnings
When?

I've literally stood still holding wall/table angles while people run half-circles back and forth into my bullets and die, they call this running all the time.

How can players frown upon something they cannot fully understand? If a tactic works so well that measures need to be made to restrict it, I'd say more people should probably start doing it.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
When?

I've literally stood still holding wall/table angles while people run half-circles back and forth into my bullets and die, they call this running all the time.

How can players frown upon something they cannot fully understand? If a tactic works so well that measures need to be made to restrict it, I'd say more people should probably start doing it.
Probably before you started playing
Old 06-02-2015, 09:18 AM
JEM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Probably before you started playing
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
If a tactic works so well that measures need to be made to restrict it, I'd say more people should probably start doing it.
Yeah you're really going to have fun in raid when every gang is holding down their own table in the corner and nobody has the balls to make the first move. Too many people rely on players moving in on them so they can just "kite" as you say, but if nobody rushed then these players would not see so much success. Game's boring when you have to chase everyone all day, if you're so good why not come get some? The only reason I could see why not is because the game is so spam heavy now and killstreaks encourage cowardice (or 'strategy' for all you nerdos). Enter a raid with ~6 people in it and there will be more bullets than you would see in raids of twice the size 3 years ago. The result is Deb and most of Kenshin running away at every chance so they can get their supply drop and have big positive /gangs. "Top Gang"

And yeah there was a period when runners and even people that used strafe were frowned upon. Will always shittalks me when I complain about runners so I'm not sure if it was him who influenced people.

I just don't see the point in running. You obviously lost the fight, that's why you're running. Just die and give the other person their point/kill and go heal in hospital for 10 seconds and be back in action instead of darting around the gmap for 5 minutes trying to survive when you probably won't.

Last edited by ooger; 06-02-2015 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: Clarified ambiguity
Old 06-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
guys, it's not the size of the ship but the motion of your hand