Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2011, 06:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
She was responsible for changing the Bread graphic
You quit because of a bread graphic?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I don't think you realize how core bread is to Graal and its existence.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:58 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
I don't think you realize how core bread is to Graal and its existence.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:44 PM
kingcj will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to kingcj
I wouldn't think he quit because of the bread graphic, but more because that was something iconic of 2k1. Everyone had to bake bread in the beginning unless you had a friend that was already rich and just freely gave you money and/or items.

It wouldn't be right to change some of the core things of 2k1. No matter who is manager or how you want to change the server.

"It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory." - W. Edwards Deming
Old 04-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
Why someone is hung up on a graphic is dissapointing, make new graphics, just make the landscape look somewhat similar so the older players have a sense of nostalgia while being happy that the looks of many things were improved greatly.

Make multiple types of bread, there's the basic loaf, a crossant, a dinner roll, a muffin, hot dog and hamburger buns, use the real world for ideas too, there's a lot people can do, make a bread factory where some people bring water, others bring the wheat, while still more put it together on the tables, each task rewarding a gralat to coplete it, same with fruit trees, you can grow them yourself to make lots of gralats at once, while a tree cared for by an NPC will let you deliver one fruit to his place for a gralat each trip.

There's a big list of things for a few people to work on already! GATs make the graphics for the different foods, crops and buildings you deliver them to, LATs build the locations you want them in and the scripters have something to work on too.

There can also be small canoe or rowboat building jobs, bridgebuilders, people can grow flowers, mining for minerals and gems, there are already many ideas like this present in 2001, but the inability for people to expand these ideas on their own or for a manager to be lazy saddens me.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:47 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Dustys desert tileset is awesome and would fit perfectly so lets like bring the server back but global warming have destroyed bomy island so everything now is desert, it could be interesting. Maybe even bring back that awesome tornado effect Stefan made ages ago but make it sand colored so we can have sand storms, yay!

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Why someone is hung up on a graphic is dissapointing, make new graphics, just make the landscape look somewhat similar so the older players have a sense of nostalgia while being happy that the looks of many things were improved greatly.

Make multiple types of bread, there's the basic loaf, a crossant, a dinner roll, a muffin, hot dog and hamburger buns, use the real world for ideas too, there's a lot people can do, make a bread factory where some people bring water, others bring the wheat, while still more put it together on the tables, each task rewarding a gralat to coplete it, same with fruit trees, you can grow them yourself to make lots of gralats at once, while a tree cared for by an NPC will let you deliver one fruit to his place for a gralat each trip.

There's a big list of things for a few people to work on already! GATs make the graphics for the different foods, crops and buildings you deliver them to, LATs build the locations you want them in and the scripters have something to work on too.

There can also be small canoe or rowboat building jobs, bridgebuilders, people can grow flowers, mining for minerals and gems, there are already many ideas like this present in 2001, but the inability for people to expand these ideas on their own or for a manager to be lazy saddens me.
Why would they work on these projects and then when a manager is appointed, it all gets scrapped?

The point is leadership needs to be established. I don't know why you wouldn't want leadership, a plan/sense of direction, and then start working on said plans. This is why some servers have a crazy economy or random additions to fix some of the not very well thought out plans. I don't know how managers are "choosen" but it would be a good idea to pick one that has been on graal for a long time, actually spent time on 2k1, has shown a good deal of innovative ideas, and would stick around to finish a play-able server.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:29 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is with upper management of the server who don't even log in for extended periods of time.

Obviously Skyld (and Lance now I guess) has nothing but high expectations and wants to see things done properly (or to his standards) on the server but he bottlenecks the whole production with his tardiness.

The exact same thing happened to the GDT attempt as well. We wanted to help G2K1 but were unable to because we were never given the appropriate rights or direction/approval to make any progress on the server.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
Stefan seems to have the best pick in staff members, maybe someone ask him to appoint a team of staff.

i wish he had all the backups and we could have graal2k1 on iphone
Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Stefan seems to have the best pick in staff members, maybe someone ask him to appoint a team of staff.

i wish he had all the backups and we could have graal2k1 on iphone
I wonder why he doesn't have the backups? Also I wonder why someone else wasn't asked to lead this project or GDT wasn't asked to help out/given the correct rights?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
I've been logging on every day but it's hard to work on anything without much rights or direction.

I really hope they don't give the server to Angel. I quit Graal2001 and Graal completely the first time she came and worked with us. She was responsible for changing the Bread graphic, and apparently I'm one of the only fans of Antago's artwork..
Wrong Angel.....

Old 04-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Banned
DARKVILLIN has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DARKVILLIN
Ive tried to contact Sky and talk to him about the team. I was one of Konidias' only staff members along with about 2 others...2k1/Oasis/Bomy Islands got turned into a dream that Konidias' had and it should be kept as close to that as possible...Konidias was considered one of the best developer's that had gone through graal for a reason.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:35 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I quit Zodiac in 2007 shortly after becoming the first Aeromancer for almost the same reasons. I created a wind staff for them, and they used it as an earth staff, and refused to take it off. It seems to be off now, but most of the wind items were green, and the wind staff was pink. So I created one that was green from the earth staff. Anyway, I quit because of that... I had an amazing green outfit, and no cool green weapons... I didn't care that it would have been the weakest weapon. So I can almost understand quitting because of bread.. almost..

Staff I created in the top right.
Picture if you care to see.
This is of my old portfolio from a past college class. "One of the sections I could put other work I've worked on in that year"

-Interesting story-
The levels at the top are the horrible versions that I fixed and have on the bottom. Sadly the LAT Admin of the server was about 11 or 12, and I was 16? years old at the time.. Anyway, I got fired as LAT, jailed, and cursed at. :] The owner of the server wanted to keep me, but wanted to keep her as LAT Admin, so I didn't try to stay. I had no interest of taking over as LAT Admin so I told my friend to keep her and that I would quit as LAT. I still like them, but think they could be smaller, and have more details..

Even back then I apparently went for 3D look. ^.^
I'm proud of my self seeing that comment on the image.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Gibberish.
That staff doesn't look anything like a wind staff... So obviously they would never use it as one. Seeing as you quit over that, I don't think you were a really big help with Zodiac anyway. If it was just a matter of quitting over a graphic, you must have not really had any time/energy invested at all. Also, once you provide them with a graphic they can use it however they like, you can't tell them how to use it. #learntherules
Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
That staff doesn't look anything like a wind staff... So obviously they would never use it as one. Seeing as you quit over that, I don't think you were a really big help with Zodiac anyway.
This "logic" is nullified by how terrible Zodiac's average graphics are

Quote:
Also, once you provide them with a graphic they can use it however they like, you can't tell them how to use it.
It's not in good taste to use the artist's work for things completely unrelated to what it's for. Like, if someone makes a nice axe, Zodiac management shouldn't decide "dude this would make a *****in' tree"

#you'renotgoodatplayingthesmartguy