Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 05:10 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenow View Post
No way to check if it is actually their're property. Same as uploading the windows logo on a graal server,
who says Stefan/Unixmad can sue Microsoft for that ? Even if it says so in the terms of agreement.
Elk doesn't have his images copyrighted. Graal does not grant ownership to anything uploaded, so it defaults back to belonging to them. If someone uploaded an already copyrighted image such as M$'s logo, they could sue Graal (because obviously, they had rights to it first).

If for some zany and bizarre reason Elk did have them copyrighted, he would be in violation of the ToC.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
Elk doesn't have his images copyrighted. Graal does not grant ownership to anything uploaded, so it defaults back to belonging to them. If someone uploaded an already copyrighted images such as M$'s logo, they could sue Graal (because obviously, they had rights to it first).

If for some zany and bizarre reason Elk did have them copyrighted, he would be in violation of the ToC.
Except Soala isn't apart of CJ and thus can't claim that the image is his since it falls to the server who made it unless Stefan says otherwise. Been stated time after time, and I'd dig up the quote if I could be bothered, but Stefan has said himself that the "CJ ownz all that u upload" thing is only there to protect them and not actually enforced.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-14-2010, 05:17 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
The point is, it's not Elk's image. He has no right to claim it can't be used. The only thing stopping Soala is courtesy.

Quote:
but Stefan has said himself that the "CJ ownz all that u upload" thing is only there to protect them and not actually enforced.
We both know that's not completely true, that is not the only reason CJ claims right to that content. Almost everything shown in the news (effectively, Graal's only advertisement) is news containing playermade content. That's what's being advertised, that's what's used to entice players: things other people made, that CJ is using as a hook for players.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Elk doesn't have his images copyrighted. Graal does not grant ownership to anything uploaded, so it defaults back to belonging to them. If someone uploaded an already copyrighted image such as M$'s logo, they could sue Graal (because obviously, they had rights to it first).

I have a creator-right
Aswell, the copyright-rule only applies once the server is property of Cyberjoueurs, meaning when it goes Classic.

As long as the server is UC and has an Owner, this owner would have the rights to all stuff, as the server was paid for

Old 10-14-2010, 05:23 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
I have a creator-right
You're funny

Quote:
Aswell, the copyright-rule only applies once the server is property of Cyberjoueurs, meaning when it goes Classic.

As long as the server is UC and has an Owner, this owner would have the rights to all stuff, as the server was paid for
You're paying for them to host it on their servers, not patent your work. With that sort of logic, as long as the server remained UC, you could create a sex minigame server, because it's yours, not CJ's.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
xenow is on a distinguished road
What I ment with my message is, proof of ownage is not possible if not many people know its copyright.
Im going to buy a server and upload all kinds of images on it from other games so these are mine?
You never know if the game is not very known.

So if you want to protect your precious graphics, dont go to graal.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
You're funny

You're paying for them to host it on their servers, not patent your work. With that sort of logic, as long as the server remained UC, you could create a sex minigame server, because it's yours, not CJ's.
PWA never really cared for UC servers who had stolen images, as they would never pass the Hosted/Classic stage.

Just noticed...I do have a copyright on everything lol...since I have an account on imageshack, and I upload everything there before I upload anything on graal, it was there first... so it would be illegal for graal to use them

Last edited by Elk; 10-14-2010 at 08:16 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
It's ok guys, anything Elk and I made are for graal projects anyway, so who cares about where is what? It will still be used on Graal, and Elk being the original artist of that shield for example, is totaly able to ask me to remove it, and I will do it.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:58 PM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
PWA never really cared for UC servers who had stolen images, as they would never pass the Hosted/Classic stage.

Just noticed...I do have a copyright on everything lol...since I have an account on imageshack, and I upload everything there before I upload anything on graal, it was there first... so it would be illegal for graal to use them
Imageshack doesn't copyright everything that's uploaded to it's servers... o.o And classic or not, servers are still located on servers and fall under the ToS.

Lol, I was neg-repped for this. "no" . Grow up.

Last edited by Clockwork; 10-15-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Old 10-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Ideas on Fire
To make up for all those unecessary systems of points, I decided to change things a little bit. For now, players will be able to win crystals, which can be used for everything (leveling skills, playerhouses, maybe some crafting, guilds and even dungeon doors unlocking). Crystals will be displayed on the HUD aswell.
Also, event prizes will now be medals, which can be used to improve a lot of things and buy some items.

Ruins is getting developed pretty fast, stay tuned and expect gameplay REAAALLLLY soon!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
playerhouses
oh dear God..

Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Ideas on Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
oh dear God..
Playerhouses system will be different than the ones you can find on other servers. Some cities will have a single house players can buy. A lot of people will have the same house on the same spot, but insides will be INSTANCED levels, which means you will have your very own playerhouse where can edit (apply a theme), manage (drop items inside, store things in chests, etc..) and live inside (rest in your own bed).

Are your fears gone now?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Welcome to Second Life: Ruins Edition.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 10-19-2010, 01:26 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Who?
you and soala
Old 10-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soala View Post
Playerhouses system will be different than the ones you can find on other servers. Some cities will have a single house players can buy. A lot of people will have the same house on the same spot, but insides will be INSTANCED levels, which means you will have your very own playerhouse where can edit (apply a theme), manage (drop items inside, store things in chests, etc..) and live inside (rest in your own bed).

Are your fears gone now?
I was worried about people making crap levels. But if the level is pre-made and they get to decorate it with themes and furniture then I guess it will be fine.

Closed Thread

Tags
ruins