Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I personally feel observer mode is a much better limitation to have compared to not being able to save as it was up until 2007, the big problems with it are:
  • Bugs
  • Inability to manipulate the player properly
  • No way to determine how much free time a trial has

It is for these problems that UN, aswell as Classic in the past have not allowed trials to play events or spars, which are relied upon more heavily with traditional style servers.

If Stefan + Unixmad can't remove observer mode, they should at least make it so that when changing an observer's level, it is actually synced to other players clients, so they aren't blocked in a spar or event. There's also a problem where modifying an observer's variables serverside is not saving.

There should also be a way to determine how much free time a player has, if they have more than a certain amount then they can participate in an event without problems.
I remember when I temporarily had to use trial again, I'd spend an hour doing all the quests, each single time I logged on.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:00 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
there is hardly any reason for a new player to go on UN over era and zodiac. mostly sicne on UN they are limit in game play time.

I dont know anyone that prefers waiting to play.

Its a vicious circle.

well the server is just about dead now due to lack of new players. I wonder whats better a dead server or making the server no limit to play while UN adds a micro transaction shop.

there is tons of potential for micro transaction items on UN, more so then era and zodiac.

Sooo having the server shut down or letting it be free so staff can work on it and new players who are potential future staff could as well.

I find it funny how unimax or stefan chooses to just let it rott away killing any potential new olbies or new staff if the players working for FREE dont do something to save the server that stefan/unixmad owns.

Blame stefan or who ever it was in unixmad that decided to keep observer mode for killing UN.in the end the FREE staff doing labour to make YOU(stefan/unixmad) money tried but you denied taking off observer mode.

No one is going to pay money to get on UN, I guess you rather throw your own server in the toilet. even though UN has no limit in the type on content and thus has more options for micro transaction shops.

Dont blame the FREE staff, in the end you guys are the REAL owners of UN and all you have been doing is bringing it down.DO something with the server YOU OWN and remove observer mode!!! the staff on UN is trying to make money FOR YOU so HELP THEM already.

Dont throw UN away like you did to npulse, HELP us make you money and REMOVE OBSERVER MODE

Last edited by geneticfrog; 03-24-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 03-24-2012, 06:06 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
We all know stefan/unixmad will never acutally create anything for UN but you guys could STILL help the server....

a SIMPLE deal would be enough As in UN has gets observer mode removed but in exchange all the staff has to focus on making a GELAT shop for UN before a set date.

or else just put observer mode back and then delete the server once all the playesr are gone.

Like npulse.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:10 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
there is hardly any reason for a new player to go on UN over era and zodiac. mostly sicne on UN they are limit in game play time.

I dont know anyone that prefers waiting to play.

Its a vicious circle.

well the server is just about dead now due to lack of new players. I wonder whats better a dead server or making the server no limit to play while UN adds a micro transaction shop.

there is tons of potential for micro transaction items on UN, more so then era and zodiac.

Sooo having the server shut down or letting it be free so staff can work on it and new players who are potential future staff could as well.

I find it funny how unimax or stefan chooses to just let it rott away killing any potential new olbies or new staff if the players working for FREE dont do something to save the server that stefan/unixmad owns.

Blame stefan or who ever it was in unixmad that decided to keep observer mode for killing UN.in the end the FREE staff doing labour to make YOU(stefan/unixmad) money tried but you denied taking off observer mode.

No one is going to pay money to get on UN, I guess you rather throw your own server in the toilet. even though UN has no limit in the type on content and thus has more options for micro transaction shops.

Dont blame the FREE staff, in the end you guys are the REAL owners of UN and all you have been doing is bringing it down.DO something with the server YOU OWN and remove observer mode!!! the staff on UN is trying to make money FOR YOU so HELP THEM already.

Dont throw UN away like you did to npulse, HELP us make you money and REMOVE OBSERVER MODE
I'd +rep this if i could .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Since Stefan refused to remove observer mode, can we at least get rid of the trial restrictions we put in to get it removed?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet.
Yes, it can, and you should do it.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:01 AM
graal player lord
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Yes, it can, and you should do it.
I second this
Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet.
Sure it can!

Quote:
Our goal is to make Graal more free-to-play, but it's not that easy since the servers are mainly made and managed by player staff
Quote:
so things like the item system and economy need to be more secured.
Hire non-player staff and it will be more secured; observer mode can then disappear and Graal can be free. :]

Then I will help advertise Graal, when I can develop without paying or doing super rewards and having people send me mail to my house, which has happened, or giving me junkmail.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Observer mode should be removed everywhere, not simply because of the fact it is a restriction in itself, but because it is a poorly implemented game-killing restriction. The problems + bugs caused by it are so severe that staff are left with no choice but to exclude trials from PVP activities so as not to hinder the experience of upgraded players.

Even when it comes to questing content trials can very easily become stuck due to problems inflicted by observer mode, and as I've said before it is a massive pain in the arse to log on a trial and attempt to debug these problems.

It's also somewhat annoying that I've gone through so much effort to put together abstract pluggable systems, where one system will uninitialize before another system initializes, in a way which avoids bugs, only for observer mode to often throw a spanner into the works.

That said, if Stefan and Unixmad honestly think it would be more financially beneficial to keep observer mode than remove it, then the reasons for not being able to remove it have already been made clear.

While not ideal, it is much simpler to implement a rigid collection of global shop items for servers which revolve around economies or character levelling. For a more traditional server it would be much harder to accomplish it in this way, a much easier method being what is done on the iPhone servers, which is selling a currency within the global shop and then being free to add and sell a higher variety of items in game.

The problem with the more flexible method however is that the currency needs to be secure. It can't be handed out at vast rates, the item prices can't be too cheap, it can't be handed out by corrupt staff, it needs to be logged, it needs to be kept track of, it needs to be impossible to obtain by hacking etc.

Stefan and Unixmad can't realistically monitor and enforce this as much with PC servers as they can with iPhone servers, therefore they need to be 100% sure that the systems are secure, the staff are trustworthy, and any involved currencies are sustainable.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
The problem with the more flexible method however is that the currency needs to be secure.
Quote:
It can't be handed out at vast rates, the item prices can't be too cheap,
Quote:
it can't be handed out by corrupt staff,
Quote:
it needs to be logged,
Quote:
it needs to be kept track of,
Quote:
it needs to be impossible to obtain by hacking etc.
Quote:
they need to be 100% sure that the systems are secure, the staff are trustworthy, and any involved currencies are sustainable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Lord2 View Post
Hire non-player staff and it will be more secured; observer mode can then disappear and Graal can be free. :]
Actually paid professionals would have less bias.

They could make a list of how much something is paid for and raise it accordingly.

They would have no problem with handling items correctly.

They could log it, they could keep track of it.

They could script it.

I don't see the problem here.
Hire a professional!

Cost too much? Not really sure if you can have both free and someone to do all the work correctly. I horribly want to post a picture of you can't both have the cake and eat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
I second this
I love that signature. o.O
charming.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Problem with suggesting a professional be hired is that it's just as unlikely as observer mode simply being removed.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
graal player lord
Quote:
Problem with suggesting a professional be hired is that it's just as unlikely as observer mode simply being removed.
ahahaha
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
or Graal have decent support
Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
or Graal have decent support
How about a support center?

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
graal player lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
How about a support center?
I might be mistaking , but I thought Graal already tried the whole support center thing. I think it failed miserably .